Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Who are the members and What types of pets do you have? (Choose all that apply)

marko
May 18th, 2006, 07:29 AM
This will be an ongoing poll

This bulletin board has become very popular and we thank the members and mods for making it so.

We are trying to get a picture of our membership and we'd like to know who our members are, how many pets and what types of pets people have.

At any given time there are 20-40 times more guests than members on the board so this poll will only be accurate for visiting members.

Feel free to reply to this thread in order to give us any additional information.

Thanks so much all!

Marko
ADMIN

LavenderRott
May 18th, 2006, 07:38 AM
My name is Sandi and while I am a rottweiler enthusiast, currently I have a black and tan pomeranian. My daughter has a tuxedo cat and my son has a hamster. At any given time, you might find a fishtank in our house - but not right now.

crimblelou
May 18th, 2006, 07:49 AM
i have had many pets over the years but my animals now are 2 jack russels and 2 jack russel crosses minnie and mickey are 14 crimble is 10 and cookie is 9 i have 2 cats chowda whos 3 and biscuit who is 2 and i will have a new kitten in a few weeks a female havnt decided on a name for her yet i have 1 arican grey parrot percy hes around 10 now and says allsorts and does a mean dance to agadoo 2 guinea pigs womble and wombat they will be a year old now 1 hamster bobbin and a couple of gold fish plip and plop so after a day at work grooming i come home to do it all again but now iv got a little boy he loves to help infact hes the 1st to the feeding bowls iv worked with animals since just before i left school and couldnt think of doin anything else im so lucky to do a job i love not everyone is as fortunate think thats the lot :) so needless to say dont have much free time but wouldnt be without any of them.:thumbs up

Puppyluv
May 18th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Hi, I'm Becca, I have one dog, Layla, who's a yellow lab/whippet/? cross, and we both live in Montreal. (This is starting to feel like a personal add....:p ) Growing up I had a Dalmation and a Belgian Sheepdog (Groenendale). I love all animals, but have more knowledge about dogs than anything else (and now it feels like a cover letter to a CV).

BMDLuver
May 18th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Hi, I'm Jenn and we live in a zoo or so it feels some days! :D

jessi76
May 18th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Hi, I'm jessi... I have a basenji-x, a brown tabby, and a calico...

Golden Girls
May 18th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Hi, I'm Wendi and am a proud owner to two Golden Retrievers and visit this board daily.

mastifflover
May 18th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Hi my name is Robin and I am owned by an English Mastiff. I work in film and Buddy guards the bed. Buddy is a rescue he is a fawn reverse brindle and too cute for words. Okay I am biased but love the large and giant breeds

technodoll
May 18th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Nicky here, from montreal, blessed with two beautiful akitas - i have grown to really love this forum! most everyone here is so witty and make me smile lots, which is important specially when it RAINS all the freaking TIME! :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 18th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Hi there my name is Jackie and Joey is an English Cocker Spaniel - I would love to have a second dog or a cat - but dont think it will happen anytime soon. I visit this board quite a bit too - it is a great forum with lots of great people and great advice. My family also had pets growing up - mostly dogs and horses. Actually we had a Shetland Pony named Pepperpot she was really cute, oh and Two Golden Retreivers Jolly and Roger and when they passed on we had two female Goldens Jenny and Koya.

Copper'sMom
May 18th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Hi all! My name is Sherry. I have 2 loveable Pit Bulls, a male and a female who are my world. Copper is 5 years old and Zoe is 1.5 years. I also have 2 cats, CJ(f) and Bud(m) ages unknown as they were a stray/and rescue. I also have 5 finches and 2 Oscars in my tank! I also take care of and love Sargent, my bf's dog. He is an akita/husky mix. My dogs are my everything, so I have no life as I choose to stay home with them:rolleyes: --except of course, when I have to go to work.:sad:

Prin
May 18th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Prin, with 2 black doggies in Qc. :)

phoenix
May 18th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I'm Dyanne, I have two dogs, Sam who is a black lab/boxer cross, and Maia who is a boxer. I grew up with cats and horses too, but my DH is extremely allergic to both...

TorasPanda
May 18th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Hello. I'm Pandora, originally from Wales, living in the French-speaking part of Switzerland since 1968. I'm a retired High School teacher, and I breed and show Scottish Folds and British Shorthairs. My mother and I are currently owned by 11 cats (six of them "retired"), and will be welcoming our new little girl, Branwen, British Black-Tortie, next month.
In the 11 I didn't count the five kittens born to my beautiful Katie last May 1st! They're all called after detectives in English-language fiction:
- Adam Dalgliesh (blue boy)
- Lady Reiko (cream girl, possibly longhair)
- Amelia Peabody (cream girl)
- Jemima Shore (cream/white girl)
-Jacqueline Kirby (cream-tabby/white girl)
Last weekend, my Tora became a Champion in Mannheim, Germany, and got a Special Prize and Best in Show.

Jackie467
May 18th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Hi I'm Jackie form Texas U.S. and I have a cat, a dog, and fish. On the poll I put that I am allergic to my pets and not allergic to my pets. unfortunatly I am allergic to cats but not dogs. Of course I would never give up my baby Jasmine so I just deal with it, however she will probably be my last cat. My cat is 13 years old and my dog is 2 years old.

jesse's mommy
May 18th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Hi I'm Kelly and I am owned by a monster/monkey/booger pit/lab mix named Jesse (or Jezebel). She is about 2 1/2 years old now and is our life. She brightens our day and makes us laugh during the difficult times. We also have a 55 gallon freshwater fish tank with a bunch of nice fish in it -- no aggressive fishies! We had a hamster for a litter over 3 1/2 years name Harry (because he was hairy) who passed away last fall. I've always had dogs. My early childhood dog was a Collie named Poncho and my adolescent to my mid 20s we had a lab/springer spaniel mix named Snooper. He was the best! We had to send him to the rainbow bridge at the ripe age of 17. About fours years after that, we rescued Jesse from the humane society. They found her in a field with a leash on and hasn't left our side since!!!!

rainbow
May 18th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks Marco...this is a great thread. :thumbs up

I've had dogs and cats since I was old enough to leave home. I presently have a 16 month old siberian husky, a 10 month old golden lab, a 3 year old long hair white and black cat and a 2 year old siamese cross and there's never a dull moment at our house.:D

Brat
May 18th, 2006, 04:37 PM
My name is Tamara from Montreal (Laval to be exact)

I have 1 dog. His name is Prince and he's a German Shepherd/Husky
I have 3 cats. 9 month old Meowx0r and two 5 month old kittens Romeo and Angel. They are all brothers.
I also have two fish, no names yet.
Not allergic.

Lots of women on this site! :)

erykah1310
May 18th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Have 3 dogs- 1 male Shep/Rottie 7ish years old
- 1 male Border Collie almost 5
- 1 female Rottie/Boxer
3 cats and 2 kittens-3 males and 2 females
9 Rabbits- 7 females ( 3 Lop and rest dwarf mixes)
2 males (1 lop and 1 dwarf mix)
9 fish,
Allergic to cats!!!!

JanetAngel
May 18th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I have 6 dogs,
3 cats
2 birds
will be adopting 2 Guinea pigs soon and 2 leopard Geckos for my 2 sons.
Dogs:
Lucy-Rottie-X
Xena-Dobe-X
Thunder-German Shepard/Collie-X
Meakoe-Terrier/Lhaso Apso-X
Scooby Doo and Shaggy too are two Chihuahuas
Cats:
Angel, Nikita and Maxie
Birds: 2 parakeets, Spongebob and Heaven.

mummummum
May 18th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Love this thread - but, of course I love pets.ca! I'm Suzanne and with three dawgs in my house some days I'm the bug, some days I'm the windshield. Declan is a Newforder Landollie (Newfoundland, Border Collie cross) who will be 9 this year. Ceili and Bridie will be 7 and they are Berngold Belgiever's (Bernese Mountain Dog, Golden Retriever, Belgian Shepherd). Everybody's a rescue - though I think sometimes they rescued ME. I've had dogs for most of my life, horses at one time and the odd cat, attempted fish but that didn't work out too well for the fish.

cpietra16
May 18th, 2006, 08:43 PM
cpietra16....1 dog, 5 cats, Canadian:D ...may or may not be allergic....but who cares

wdawson
May 18th, 2006, 09:20 PM
wayne here.....14yr beagle...1yr pit\lab cross....3 cats and 1 rabbit plus we had a pot belly pig about 12yrs ago.

glasslass
May 18th, 2006, 11:30 PM
My name is Dodie. I feel bad that I can't check that I'm a catowner anymore. You need another question that asks if you've had a cat or a dog before. And what about big dogs vs small dogs, etc. etc.

catsnatcher-CDN
May 19th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Tanya, Montreal
1 doberman/coonhound mix (or the new "designer breed" : coonman:p )
3 blk cats...all rescues.

Rottielover
May 19th, 2006, 09:42 AM
My name is karen, and I am very much a rottweiler enthusiast. I am loved by a 20 month old rottweiler, and a long hair beautifil orange and white kitty ( who thinks he is a rottie)
I also have a 2 yr old daughter and a single mom.
I live in Dollard des ormeaux, was born in T.O

CyberKitten
May 20th, 2006, 07:26 PM
As some of you know, I have three cats - Quan Yin, a regal Seal Point Siamese and two Sphynx kitties, sisters Chelsea and Casey. Amazingly, they all get along although Yin Yin is the diva and the alpha kitty.

Over the course of my lifetime however, I have had a much beloved bunny I still mourn, several dogs and cats of all varieties.

meb999
May 21st, 2006, 10:09 PM
Hi I'm Marie-Eve and I'm owned by a wonderfull rescue Boxer named Buster.
He is my first Boxer, but definetly won't be the last!
I live in La Prairie (on the south shore of Montreal)

Skryker
May 22nd, 2006, 07:02 AM
Skryker, owned by 1 former stray 10 year old brown tabby cat named Dancer; and 2 6.5 month old Rott/Lab puppies, Bronwyn and Fingal. Mom to a 13 year old girl who will be getting a pair of Degus once we finally figure out what we're doing and settle down.

I'm allergic to cats and birds; I've had cats constantly since I was 11 anyways (found out I was allergic to cats at 17).

Life-time list of pets-2 hamsters, a small ocean of fish, a sheltie/corgi cross named Tippy, a red Dobe named Rusty, a calico cat named Tia, a black netherland Dwarf rabbit named Whiskey Jack, a black cat named Pepper, a Tortie point Himalayan named Chandi, a grey cat named Nimby and various "just visiting" wildlife-some deer mice my brother and I live captured in our kitchen and released, injured birds, an injured bat, an injured baby squirrel....boy, when you list them all, it really adds up.

pointerfan
May 22nd, 2006, 09:40 AM
My name is Erica & I share my home with Julia, a 15 year old Pointer & Hayley , a 10 year old Beagle, both rescued. I live in Ajax, Ontario

BoxerRescueMTL
May 22nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
Hi I'm Crystal. I grew up with cats, dogs, birds and horses. I live with my SO, Chris - who didn't grow up with any pets and is allergic to dogs but he deals because he loves them. We have 2 boxers, Vegas (almost 3yrs) and Dudley (8-10yrs ish). We have two dsh cats, Baby and Poonie. We love senior dogs and always have a spot or two for them to spend their "retirement" living the good life. We help run http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com We also have a Uromastyx named Molly. Oh and two foster boxers, Winnie and Fergus.

PetFriendly
May 22nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
I grew up on a habby farm that had cows, horses, pigs and chickens. There have always been dogs and cats around me as well. I am currently the dedicated human for one cat, female age 9, named Pringles and one dog, male, age 1.5 years, named Charley. Also living in this household are my boyfriend with his dog and cat as well as a room-mate and her cat.
And yes, we realise there are more animals than humans in this place but they all get along so its ok.

LianneCatherine
May 22nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hiya, I'm Lianne and I currently have 3 babies:

1) Pokey - Red Eared Slider Turtle (4 years old)
2) Scout - Black Kitty (2 years old)
3) Audrie - Yorkshire Terrier (6 mos. old)

During the summer I sometimes do foster care for kittens, so last summer I had my babies plus 5 kittens! Looking forward to 2 more this season.

:D

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
Cool to learn all your names!I'm Nadine,grew up in Montreal but now living in the "country" (not far from you Marie-Eve) owned by 3 golden retrievers (all rescues,all seniors but still crazy) + foster from time to time (www.goldenrescuequebec.com) maybe allergic or nasal problem ;) would like to be rich enough to quit my job and do rescue 24/7.

doggy lover
May 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hi I'm Diane, I was born in England but I am a :ca: . I live in Scarborough Ont.I have lots of pets Tucker my 2 year old BC that everyone knows. 2 cats 1 from a barn the other from a store, a bearded dragon and lots of fish. In the past I have owned just about every pet you could think of birds, rabbits, frogs, lizards and so on. I have a cottage near Owen Sound and I love the country, I use to have a trailer on my friends farm that raises Black Angus cattle. I have two children a 18 year old daughter and a 16 year old son. We are all animal crazy,:crazy:

Stacer
May 22nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
I'm Stacy in Toronto. My man and I have 2 cats Angus(m) and Finn(f). He didn't have pets growing up, but my family has always had cats. Growing up we had Tigger, her daughter Snuggles (named by my little brother), Speck and her son Stupid, don't worry everyone was eventually spayed or neutered. Tigger was a stray that hung around our house, so we eventually let her inside and she made herself at home, she was pregnant so we kept her only surviving baby. Speck was a kitten when her I found on my paper route when I was 12, unfortunately we didn't get her spayed quickly enough, she had a litter of 4, we kept her only son. When we finally buy a house we'd like to get dogs (I want 2, but the man says no way, only 1. We'll see about that ;) ). I'm aunt to 2 cats, Finch and Murray, a JRT named Belle and an albino hedgehog named Tumbleweed.

Melei'sMom
May 22nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
My name is Teresa. We live in Alberta with 1 Shih-tzu cross(Melei), a golden gecko(Apollo), Syrian Hamster (Deliah), 2 Bettas(Percy & Ming-Yu), and a guppy tank with a pleco(Eureka).

I am allergic to the hamster, but my daughter keeps her in the bedroom and superclean so it doesn't bother me too much, and I am supposedly allergic to cats and dogs, but only cats bug my eyes, no dog ever has.

dragon_queen
May 23rd, 2006, 08:51 AM
My name is Melissa, I live on the South Shore near Montreal. I have two Australian water dragons ( Bandit - male and Lola - female, lizards). I have had many types of pets over the years and I loved them all.

Swanky_Kitten
May 23rd, 2006, 10:24 AM
My name is Kelly. I have a Papillon named Maxx and a Maine Coon named Sabrina (sabrina is bigger then maxx :o lol) I also look after a friends westie.. he's like my own fur baby :crazy:

Dogastrophe
May 23rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
I'm Randy (aka Rick). I'm a Maritime kid who is presently residing in Halifax with my wife and three wonderful mutts:

Monty - age 8ish; terrier / porty / ?? mix
Lucy - age 2 1/2; border terrier mix
Jack - age 1 1/2; yorkie / silky / devil mix

I grew up with dogs. My first dog as a kid / teenager was a black lab / old english sheepdog mix named Thumper (big and goofy! He went over the bridge about 17 years ago ... I still have a lock of his hair in a shoebox). He had similiar markings to my (much smaller) Monty. When I first started dating my now wife, she had a cockapoo named Bambie.

I've tended red eared sliders many years ago.

Bushfire2000
May 23rd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Bushfire, present family four dogs, one HB and two sons. Recently added a mini horse"Sunshine" to the family.

In the past I've had too many pets to name or even list properly. Grew up spending time between country and city. Had cats, rabbits, dogs, horses, sheep, turtles, turkeys, geese, chickens, cows, hamsters, budgies, canaries,fish of all kinds, that's all that comes to mind at the moment. I guess I can list them.

Boubou
May 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
Hi! I'm Cindy from the south shore of Montreal.
We usually have a few foster fur kids, but right now our home is full of 'permanent residents'......

Nelly, our Rottie, rescued from the gates of the SCDD (our local city pound)

Petunia, (aka Little Bear cuz she looks like one!) - rescued from her chain -pics of her can be seen on Pets.ca

Ginger, Xlab, great dane and ??, rescued from euthansia

seven very loved kitties: Cali, Moo, Chin-Chin, Baby, Wally, MiMi and our blind cat, Marmie

and two reptiles: Spitfire our Bearded Dragon and Spike our Leopard Gecko

mom_to_many
May 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Kathy from Northwest Oklahoma
Mom to human son...Sean

Domestic servant to 6 cats :p
Totally loved by 4 dogs! :love:

Have had Guinea pigs...highly allergic to them!
In younger days...have also owned 2 ferrets, bull snake, garter snake and one really smart blue Beta named Max!

Luvmypit
May 25th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Colleen, Ajax ON here also, Canadian, female, owned by a 3 year old pit bull named capone who is my soul! If he didn't demand all my attention I would have more.

Been on this site for a while now and check it constantly...... Love it!

Had a border collie named Max, a mutt possible lab/pit cross named Bo and a scottish terrier named Pepper. Not to mention my turtle who ran away and a couple fish....

phoenix
May 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Not to mention my turtle who ran away ....

was he that fast:eek: ;)

jesse's mommy
May 25th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I too had a turtle that ran away! She was a South Carolina Boxer and her name was Gertie. It was summer and she loved being outside so we built her a pen around a rose bush and she dug her way out. :sad: I was so upset.

SunGurl372
May 25th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Kristen, from Jacksonville, FL.

I have a 1 1/2 year old Beagle mix (with GSD, Dobie, who knows???).

I've always been a dog lover, and always been slightly wary of cats. Not sure why.

To be completely honest, Harley has been my first successful stint at dog ownership. I've lost three previously due to bad choices in significant others. Horrible to not only fail at a relationship, but to lose your furbaby in the process.

Now that I'm independant, no one has a say in my baby but me!

AliSam
May 26th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Just found this thread. Cool.

My signature pretty much says it all. I live in Clarington, just east of Oshawa, Ontario Canada. I am not allergic to any of my pets, although when the water needs to be changed in Sasha's tank, I am allergic to the smell. Sam, Sasha & Josie allow my hubby and I to share their home with them. Food is of the greatest importance to them.

Trinitie
June 19th, 2006, 10:51 PM
It's been forever and a day since I last posted, so I figured this would be a good place to start.

I have two dogs, and 3 children (also a bit like pets - they act the same).

Married, and from Canada, I may say "eh" a few too many times.

Welcome to all the new members, and HI to all those I haven't seen in a LONG while!

T

Puppyluv
June 19th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Trinitie, it's been ages! You're one of my fave mods! Probably 'cause I love the name, and as your moniker says, You're fair. Welcome back!

silver_loba
June 19th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I am Kathy from Montreal. I did have a chocolate point siamese named Tia of 15 years may she rest in peace. I now have a budgie named Carmen, one lizard named Taz and a shih zu named Lily who isnt here yet but will be in 3 to 4 weeks.

:ca: The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.(Gandhi)

lewisw
June 20th, 2006, 04:35 AM
I'm, Lewis newly joined here since adopting Dani an 12 month young Golden/border collie mix who is the newest love of my life. I also have a 14yr old son and 17 year old daughter. My wife is also very fond of Dani as she only met her when the kids and I brought her to her new forever home.

We live in DDO and frequent centenial park for our nightly sppedwalk around the lake which Dani loves to strut her stuff along the walk stopping to say hello to any dog she meets on the way.

I love this board and check in daily.

I run a warehouse for a very popular fashion chain here in Montreal and they have 180 stores around the country. I also own one of the top "fitness sites" according to google search which is a hobby/side business that keeps me pretty occupied.

I love getting to know you all here as your great personalitys show up on all your posts.

Sincerely,
Lewis

Beau'sMom
June 20th, 2006, 07:40 AM
My name is Kelly. I am married with a daughter 14, a boy 11 and Annie the cat who is 10.

We just went through a bad experience doing a rescue where we were lied to and given a dog with a history of biting. Not knowing the history my daughter was bitten and will be scarred but fortunately just on her arm.

We are currently looking to rescue a young beagle in the GTA from an honest rescue. Knowing the negatives does not mean we won't take the animal it just allows us to be best preparred. :thumbs up

mastifflover
June 20th, 2006, 10:34 AM
My name is Robin and I live in the High Park area. I am female and owned by Buddy an English Mastiff. When working I am in the film biz. I have had a lot of dogs in my life my last was Boo a Neopolitan Mastiff (rescue) who turned me into a Mastiff junkie. Most of my dogs have been rescues english bulldog (George) Bloodhound (Jake) Bullmastiff (Maximillian), Sharpei (Jazz) Puli (Bailey) Jazz and Bailey were from breeders (very reputable and still in biz today) but they were not show quality and that is why I bought them. But since then only rescues and hopefully another mastiff soon. I have been hanging around here for a few years now

LibbyP
June 20th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hello Everyone, I'm Kim, I have two human chicklets (4yrs(g) & 2.5yrs(b)). I have been owned by many pets growing up and my own. We always had one cat and one dog (usually a Siamese 'Quisha', and our longest dog Puli x 'Babe'). My parents own a :crazy: chi and a Choc pt Siamese senior (that I rescued as well)I have myself in the past owned, 'Carly' English Coonhound*red/wht, 'Muffin' Choc pt Siamese, 'Jasmine' Burmese x,'Nicholas' dsh*org/wht,'Friday'dsh*silver spotted tabby. I am also the best auntie ever to'Rolo' Shar x *brindle,'Ashley' Mal x*silver,'Tye'Lab x*blk (all of which are rescue, working in the field, you get your family involved:D ) I am allergic to all animals and so is my daughter, but that's not going to stop us:) Presently owned by 'Hoover' Walker hound x senior,'Libby' English Mastiff,'Ruby'Lynx pt Siamese,'Max' Snowshoe Siamese, and two tanks full of tropical fishes, and two outdoor ponds with koi, shubkins.

stinkytaz
June 21st, 2006, 10:12 AM
Well, My name is claire, I am 22 years old and only have 1 furbaby - we call him stinky but his name is taz - he is not really stinky but it works for us! I live on my own In Headingly, in Leeds in the UK, I work for the national health service, national programme for It and I am a PA. I love partying, babrbecuing, power kiting, loads of sport, animals and most of all stinky!!:pawprint:

HunterXHunter
June 21st, 2006, 11:26 AM
Hi I'm Glen, and I'm an alcoho...:angel: ...I have a golden retriever named Hunter, but inside the house we also got a bird a some fish (they're my dad's :rolleyes: ). When I was really young, I used to have 2 hamsters...which eventually became 7 (just use your imagination :p )

Mahealani770
June 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM
Aloha! I'm Mahealani and I am originally from Hawaii, raised in Ohio and now live in Atlanta, GA. I have had pets all my life and was instilled with the deepest compassion for all animals by my beloved grandpa. I recently lost my pug Suki in a house fire, I currently have adopted a 5 year old rescued Pomeranian named Nicky, and maybe adopting a new, special needs baby (Pekingese) named Pickles.:usa:

Cinnabear
June 25th, 2006, 01:21 AM
I have 3 dd's, 9, 14 and 16. I maybe in the grave sooner than later with the way my 14 acts. Pushing my 16 soon to be 17 to get her learner's license, so she can have her drivers before she leaves the nest.

We have 6 animals and technically 2 are mine, but will feed, water and clean up after them.;) We have a lhasa apso/terrier 4 yrs(mine), bichon cross 3 yrs(everybodies), himalayan cross 9 yrs(last dd), tabby 10 yrs( middle dd), mouse 11 weeks( last dd) and a lynx point siamese 10 weeks (mine).

My oldest did have a lynx point siamese, he lived till he was 17 last year.

As you can tell I love the lynx siamese.:D

greaterdane
June 25th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Canadian :)

1 17 month old great dane
1 18 week old great dane
2 3 year old chihuahuas
1 7 month old chihuahua
1 4 year old husky/shep/staffie mix

3 very large goldfish

And 1 rose hair tarantula .

Lise
June 27th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Hi I'm Lisa.We pretty much live in a zoo.There is Molly,a cairn,Tessa a beardie,Nell our collie.Cocoa,Silver,Gynny,Nim and Gromitz our cats.Jack,Happy and Rio the horses Folly our mule.Halliday,Plant and Page the ducks.Sunny and George Duhamel our roosters.Bunnies Smudge and Tippy.Hawkeye and Oscar the greys.Ellie and the nudists our rats.Kiwi the very loud quaker.QB our rain Quail and our button quails.Sticky Lizard the gecko.The chickens,doves ,guinea fowl,finches,fish degus.As well as two kids and a very patient husband .

toby's tracy
June 29th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Hi - I am Tracy and have a young pup (ok, he's almost a year and a half but he still acts like a young pup!) named Toby - a lab/rottweiler mix...or maybe a german shepherd x, or a dobie x, or, as someone once suggested, a Beauceron (had never heard of that one before!).

I have been a member here since I got Toby, a little over a year ago, though I have not been very active at all recently. I still do come back for advice and tips once in a while - pets.ca is a FABULOUS resource and I have received a lot of great help here.

marko
July 8th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Thanks so much for all the feedback everyone - much appreciated.

This thread will now be closed but if any new members want to say hi and introduce themselves, you can do it in the Introduce yourself here - Say hello forum.

Thanks

Marko
ADMIN

marko
November 2nd, 2006, 07:16 AM
This thread was closed for about 4 months, but I'm reopening now for a while.

Thanks!

Hunter's_owner
November 2nd, 2006, 07:24 AM
I voted awhile ago, but I didn't post...

So anyways...
I have a 5 year old Black Lab named Hunter and a 3 year old Beagle named Cassie.
I also share a home with 2 cats Max and Charlie who are my room-mate's 2 cats.
I am hoping to move out on my own pretty soon though, :fingerscr , so then I will have to start thinking about getting some cats of my own:D

hazelrunpack
November 2nd, 2006, 08:40 AM
I've got 6 setters: Ember and Lil Belle (littermates, 4 yrs old); Cass (5 this month); Cole (4); and Macie and Ridge (about 3 1/2). In my spare time I like to ... oh, wait... what spare time? :crazy:

I found this forum last month and I'm really hooked...even though I'm not really the BB type :thumbs up

Iggette
November 4th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Hi Deborah here, I joined pets.ca a while back when I was unemployed and a full time zoo co ordinator (or so it felt in our home) Now employed full time I pop in now and again to check the pets needing rescue and transport help needed mostly to see if I can ever help.... sooooo many new members wish I could spend more time here.

I have a female Shepherd, and male Shepherd\Hound mix (that was the closest guess)

I now only have 3 male cats Tiger, Scar and Jerk and 2 females Boots and Min Min. 2 of my females passed in the last year:(

We also have 2 Guard Geese we are very fond of and other feathered friends we keep for thier eggs.

This is the best pet site in the internet hemisphere:D (IMHO)

Scott_B
November 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Well, my names Scott. Looking at the stats it looks like I'm a rare one in the sense I'm male :p and the majority of this forum is female! :eek:

Anyhoo, I have a 7 month old bullmastiff puppy named Rosco. I also have 3 cats. two are 5 1/2 years old, the other is 5.

This is a great forum! :thumbs up

dogcatharmony
November 4th, 2006, 03:54 PM
hi!! this forum is awesome, lots of info and alot of smiles and a few tears. My name is Alexis and i am owned by a 2 year old Zoe(chow/elkhound mix), 9 year old Amos( 21 lb orange tabby) and a 9 year old Pheobe ( 6lb calico rescue).

nansel
November 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I'm Nancy, and currently under the command of Bo, the 6 year old rescue DSH black kitty, and Maggie, the 3 year old black husky/border collie/shepherd/lab/SPCA special/whatever dog.

I've had cats my whole life, but Maggie is the first dog I've shared my space with.

mckytone
November 14th, 2006, 10:45 PM
My name is Eileen. I am married to a wonderful animal lover, Alex, it will be 25 years next June.

We moved to Hawaii from NJ then to Las Vegas for my health. While in Hawaii we saved two animals a yellow Lab mix Imperial, and a who knows what because she has every color in her and everyone says that she is beautiful cat named Martini. She received this name because she came over the saddle road on the big island and she was shaken, not stirred. We had gotten a cat previously at the same time as Imperial and his name was Palace, unfortunately he died and Imperial went into mourning so we had to replace him with another cat. Imperial will not allow Martini out of the house because she is afraid of losing her. She is a better mother than I would ever have been. These are our children.

SARAH
November 16th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Hi!

I'm Sarah, recently moved to Montreal, Canada, from Norway. Lewis and I currently have Dani (Duck Toller mix) and are waiting to adopt Bella!

I grew up in a home where the only sure thing was that there was my parents, my brother and a cat. At times there were budgies (lots of them over the years, love them!), finches, an aquarium at one time, and two attempts at making my dad accept a dog. Other than this, we were always moving from one city to another as my dad climbed the "ladder" in the bank he worked for.

Once on my own, I always made sure I had a cat (not now though :( ) tried turtles for my son, and kept several dogs. Some rescues, some mixes, some pure bred. My all-time favorite breed? The Hovawart! Mine was 28.7" at the shoulder! A little tall for the standard, but what a personality. I'll always remember and miss Rafal.

This forum is great, I'll be checking in every day :dog: :dog: :grouphug:

marko
December 8th, 2006, 05:46 PM
This thread is now open again...love to get more feedback.

Many thanks as always,

Marko

CinnaAngie
December 9th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Hi, I'm Angela. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. I have one dog, Nikki, who is a yellow lab and I have two cats. Dawg is about 7 and is all black, Nova is around 6 and is white and black, and both cats are very vocal! I imagine they must have some meeser in them, but I got them as stray kittens, so I will never know for sure.

I love this board! Lots of great info!! Very friendly members too!

LynLyn
December 24th, 2006, 12:43 AM
My name is Lyn from Montreal, I have an ADORABLE red min pin named Bowser and am currently trying to talk hubby into rescueing another doggy or kitty.

huskypup
December 27th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hi my name is Nancy and I live in the UK, I found this site when I was greiving for the loss of my baby boy Freeway in Aug 05, I tend to pop in and lurk most days.

We currently have 2 huskies, Lucca - 5 male white with brown eyes and Mia 3 black & white with blue eyes, we also have 4 cats, Suzy woo - all black (4), Millie - torty (5), Lucy - tabby - (15) and Albie - all ginger female - 6 months.

I also work as a ferral rescue co-ordinator for the surrounding villages - luckily ferral strays are not that common in the UK, as our winters are not that cold, we tend to spay and vaccinate the adults and release them and rehome the kittens (Albie was one of my latest rescues).

In the past we have rehomed - pidgeons, parrots and hamsters, also rabbits and guinea pigs also a monk jack deer that just wandered into our street.

MollysMommy
December 27th, 2006, 11:46 AM
My name is Jennifer. I have a 2 year old toy poodle named Molly and a 1 year old Brussels Griffon named Nemo. I also have two parakeets named Kiwi and Freckles. I live in the Detroit area in Michigan.

Peepmouse
January 3rd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Hi, My name is Liana, and I'm mommy to 2 dogs, Pepper (she's a 15yr old Border Collie/Blue Heeler x), and Cinder (she's a 7yr old Dachshund/Beagle or Terrier?x). They're my kids, and spoiled rotten! This is a great site which I found at the end of December. I'm currently off on disability so I have some extra time to spend browsing thru everyone's lovely pet pics, and the games are addicting! Keep up the great job!:D :thumbs up
:dog: :ca: :dog:

twisten
January 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
My name is Marcy and I'm married with 2 skinkids, a girl (22) and a boy (18). They both still live at home, for which I'm grateful and dreading the day either one moves out. We have 2 furkids, a 2 year old German Shepherd named Summit and a 3 month old chihuahua named Brie. We have 4 horses, Kit, Phoenix, Page and Twizzler. My daughter also has 2 bearded dragons, Zeus and Diablo.

vel
January 5th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hi my name is Velma. I live north of Edmonton, Alberta. :dog: I have a 2 yr. old female Leonberger named "Boo" (rescue from U.S.) :cat: a handsome male tuxedo cat named "Valentino" (orphaned at 2 wks of age) and my newest addition is "Chicklet" :cat: an 11 week old female tabby (previous owner was allergic). Love them all and can't imagine life without them. This website is incredible. I have cried at so many stories and laughed at so many others.
I am awed constantly by the animal rescue HEREOS I come across here, you people are incredible..:ca:

CinCin
January 6th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Hello,
My name is Angela i have an adorable dwarf rabbit, and his name is Cincin.
I adopted him from SPCA a couple of years ago i and i am crazy about him! He is the cutest pet i ever had and made myself and my husband very happy. Before we adopted him and we never knew much about rabbits and we adopted him because of the convenience, easy to care and not much attention...Now i can't wait to get home and play with him!

Mahealani770
January 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Hello everyone and welcome to the site! I haven't done this in awhile so I thought I'd update. My partner (wife) and I have Nicky the pom and Minnie the tabby. Both are rescues and my retirement dream is to be a fulltime foster Mom to special needs animals. I have a LONG way to retirement so I'm content with my 2 furkids for now and the occasional rescue that I may find from time to time. My partner and I live in Atlanta and are both 30 years old. I believe our next "kid" will be a bulldog or another pug, as I lost my first pug to a house fire in 2005. Here are some pics!
Gee whiz is that a HUGE pic of me! lmao And there's lil ole Nicky beside me..lol

Mahealani770
January 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM
...and my darling Minnie....

breeze
January 9th, 2007, 01:23 PM
bev here, i have 2 dogs a huskey (nakita) 9 1/2 and a bernese mountain dog(bree) 5 months old. we got bree cause my other dog coby died suddenly with in a day. i could not handle the emptiness in the house so we started to look i found bree and it was love at first sight. nakita is very independent and is mostly my husbands dog he can get her to do anything , me she just stares at me. with bree it is the opposit she listens to me more (lol)
i live in montreal with my husband and two kids (18 and 21) the house can be very small at times when everyone is home.
:pawprint:

Inisfad
January 12th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Hi, I'm Jane, new member who's still exploring all the little nooks and crannies of this site and came upon this. I currently have 8 cats (which could change at any moment - all my pets are strays and you just never know when another's going to pop in). Anyway, 8 cats, Mallory, Simon, Herman, Cooper, Darwin, Frisky, Peri and Dobbie, and one dog, Tucker, that I found in the local supermarket (scrounging for food). I'm originally from NY, but now live in a very rural, remote part of Ireland. Much easier to have pets (or rescue strays) here, as there's a lot more room. In NY, at one point, I had 4 dogs and 15 cats, all abandoned. My philosophy is that you have a 20 foot radius around you, and anything that comes into that area, that needs assistance, you must help. OK, so I often extend that measurement a little. But you know what I mean.

Mahealani770
January 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
That's a wonderful philosophy, Inisfad. Welcome to the board!:cat: :pawprint:

fosterpat
January 13th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Hi my name is Pat and I am a foster for Rosie rescue. I have 3 skin kids and 2dogs. Zoe, our 7yr old boston and Molly our 9month old golden mix, rescue that we bottle fed. We also have a 5yr old lovebird, 2 rescued turtles and 4 rescued gerbils....and a partridge in a pear tree! My family and I have fostered over 50 dogs (mainly puppies) in the last 3 years and of course I have a passion for dogs.

Frenchy
January 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Hi my name is Pat and I am a foster for Rosie rescue.

We may know eachother......

t.pettet
January 13th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Names Theresa, live with 2 poms and 2 pom mixes, 30 gal fish tank, am dog groomer, do rescue/foster/re-home for 4 vets and 2 humane societies. Am involved in feeding, spaying/neutering feral cat colony and am avid bird watcher, nature lover.

fosterpat
January 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hi Frenchy, sorry but I don't think that I've met anyone from the Golden Rescue yet. Because of our terribly busy schedule, I don't always get to go to the adoption clinics or events for Rosie. But I'm sure that you must know several people from Rosie. Who knows perhaps we'll meet someday....I'm not too hard to identify if my kids are with me....they have red hair!

Frenchy
January 15th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I know Anne and I have spoken to Terry once or twice. You guys will get Lilly soon, a black lab I found 1 month ago. I know her future foster is in Montreal but don't know her name. I hope I get updates on her adoption.:fingerscr I know you guys are working real hard, taking dogs out of a shelter on south shore. :angel:

Catzig
January 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm Catherine from Ajax. My current furkids are:
- :cat: :cat: 2 Sealpoint Siamese brothers, Oscar & Felix - very much like the odd couple and they'll be 13 yr on May 28.
- :cat: an exotic (aka unknown mix breed) street urchin kitty Sybil who will be 12 yr old this summer (her exact DOB is unknown so we celebrate June 1)
- :dog: Tia, the German Shepherd who turned 1 yr old on Jan 20
I am allergic to cats

heidiho
January 22nd, 2007, 07:38 PM
Heidi.....I have a kitten-Roxy and 2 ferals Bob and Momma we feed.......:cat: :cat: :cat:

JanM
January 22nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Jan from Vancouver Island, BC with 2 Golden Wonders (Golden Retrievers, that is) one male and one female and 2 black cats, 1 male rumpy Manx and 1 female stumpy Manx - both cats are from the SPCA.

tully
January 23rd, 2007, 12:57 PM
Hi, I am Lenny my real name is Lenice. I am female. I am an American and I love my country!!!!!!!!! I am a big dog gal and at the moment have a gorgeous English Chocolate Lab 102 pounds. I also am the owner of an adorable Goldendoodle that will be 1 January 27th. He is 85 pounds. I have a husband of 18 years, 2 teens: a son and daughter. We live in Maryland on 3 acres. I am truly blessed. :angel:

cubakid
January 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hello,

My name is Ann and I'm from Toronto. Maggie, who has been part of our family since December 05, is a 4 year old red rough, 9 pound brussels griffon (rescue) who is slowly adapting to her new life as a dog instead of a tattooed and numbered puppy producer.

Mulligan, an adoption, joined our family in 1998 and is a 11 year old 14 pound DSH male cat who totally lives up to his name. He is a polydactyl, pure white with one blue and one green eye. He is one of the most loving cats I've ever met. All who meet him want to take him home. He never tires of getting loving and really isn't that particular about who gives it to him. His nickname is "me too" because if another gets affection, he bulldozes his way in for his share (having forgotten that he just got some of his own)

Prada, another adoption, joined our family in 2006 and is a 2 year old 7 pound DSH female, Russian Blue in colour. Given her size, we started to call her "little kitty" and she responds to that far better than to her given name. Although she was afraid of Mulligan in the early days, he is after all twice her size, she now rules the roost. I had concerns about her getting enough to eat as I have an automatic feeding system and Mulligans head fils the bowl entirely. Shortly after her arrival, once she ventured out from under the spare room bed, she discovered that a quick nip on his ear would get his head out of the bowl long enough to get her share. She and Maggie are fast friends and we'll often find them curled up together. She has helped Mulligan lose weight as she loves to play, and apparently he does also.

The only oddity about our little family is that the cats come when called consistently, the dog, has to think about it, but is improving. They are all unique characters, and we love them dearly.

The tropicals are mainly swordtails who breed quite regularly and have kept the population in the tank going for 6 years now.

The koi have survived one winter. ($10 fish - $80 pond heater)...people think I'm nuts, but they're my babies too. We struggle with the racoons in the area, but have built hiding places in the pond, sofar, so good. Let's see next spring.

As you can probably tell, I'm a big believer in adoptions/rescues. Although a kitten or puppy is cute and you can watch them develop their personalities and mould them into your household, there are so many unwanted animals out there that deserve a forever family. The process of seeing them gain confidence and become loving / trusting members of the family is so very rewarding in and of itself.

tully
January 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Thanks for reminding me. I also have Koi in our pond and fresh water fish in small aquarium. I had one Koi that survived all the winters and the Heron for 12 years and when he died I was just as devestated as when my last pup Beau died. They are unique fish and one can get quite attached to them.:pawprint:

anjelle
February 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I am Canadian, but I have been living in South Korea for the past year and a half.

I have a pet frog at home and I usually have several fish tanks on the go.

Through miscommunication (not an irregular thing as a foreigner in Korea) I ended up with a 6week old kitten. 3 months later I don't know what I would do without my Aija. I am thankful to find this board as I am far from home and in a country that does not favour having a cat as a pet.

SOS MIOW
February 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I'm Janet and I'm a real estate agent in the West Island area of Montreal. I have 2 dogs & 4 cats. I was founder and director of SOS MIOW for a couple of years and we successfully placed approx. 200 abandonned cats/kittens into new loving homes. SOS MIOW is no longer officially in operation, but I still try to guide people who are involved in helping animals.:lovestruck:

RolandsMom
February 5th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I forgot to say im a girl.:queen: and im South African but now living in Canada. i have one kitten.

Maya
May 31st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Market research.:thumbs up

crazyk1020
August 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Hello, I am Kelly from Duluth, Minnesota and I have two orange and white tabbies that I rescued from the humane society.

roccoisus
September 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm new to this board I am getting all kinds of info it's great. My name is Donna I live in BC Canada I have a female cat Asia her son Rocco who was hit by a car just under 2 weeks ago thats what brought me here. A male budgie Boo-boo bird I get a wolf whistle from him daily and he says pretty bird and lots of not understood words lol 3 rabbits Angelina Runty and Guido 11 layer Chickens we call them Tipsy and the hazel nuts Tipsy is the leader lol and lastly 3 fish Fred panda and thumpy. Anyway I hope to make many friends here whats not to like about animal lovers :)

DogMa
November 11th, 2007, 08:08 PM
My name is Lynn, from Ottawa. I joined quite a while ago, and visit this forum from time to time.
I have two dogs, a portuguese water dog, Tillie, a mini poodle, Kiko, several aquariums, pet mice, a guinea pig.....thats it.
This forum is a good source of info and I've noticed this visit that there is way more than there was my last visit. Great food threads.

I always send people here that I meet locally and need pet help.

12Paws
November 14th, 2007, 08:33 AM
My name is Heather and I live in southwestern Pennsylvania. My husband and I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 parrot, 1 rabbit, 1 goat, and 2 horses. No one in our family is allergic to animals.

Kashi
January 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
I am a Canadian female with a dog, a cat, some fish, and a couple of rodents.
I am not allergic to *my* pets overall, though I will get itchy because of my cat if I slack on grooming her, or get a scratch.

moz1
January 26th, 2008, 05:48 AM
i have a 14weekold kitten has tapeworm iv used wormingsyrup a few days ago just asking to find out what i should look for when pasing becouse she is looseing a lot of what they look like are eggs and some that r not eggs they look dead not sure if thats what is supposed to do and look like they are comeing out of her even when she dont go the loo they look alot like white rice shes not showing any signs of being ill she is very play full hope you can help thankyou moz1

crazydays
January 26th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Hi- My name is Kathy. I have 2 dogs (english springer,standard schnauzer) and a cat (a elderly orange tabby). I am from Ontario, Canada. I am allergic to my cat so i don't let him sleep on my face---he loves to do that!!

woodywoo
February 8th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Hi im Kay and from the UK i have 1 Blue Merle Border Collie who is nine a Siberian Husky who is 2 and 1 Alaskan Malamute who is 7 months :)

Brandy456
June 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM
My name is Brandy, I have a Rabbit, and A Pom.
I AM allergic to Babii (Bunny).
But I can put up with it for her.
..If you havn't noticed. I'm a female.
I also live in Canada

kandy
October 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
I have two dogs of my own, a 3 yr old female newf named Hazel and a 4 year old male collie/hound mix named Malone. I also have one green iguana, 18 years old, named Spike. His companion passed away this spring at the age of 16.

I am also grandma to a 3 yr old male newf named Parker, and a 3 yr old female SharPei named Lexi. I normally tell people I have 4 dogs because I have my son's dogs quite a bit and I pay for their food and vet care.

I am allergic to the dogs, but only if I have not had my allergy pill that day and they want to lay on my head or rub against my face. The only time I notice it is if I'm laying in bed and Hazel comes in to snuggle - she likes to lay her head across my neck, so her fur is right next to my nose. After a few moments of that I will start sneezing and then coughing - if I don't get up then I'll end up having an asthma attack. I am extremely allergic to Spike's litterbox and have a very difficult time cleaning his cage. It causes an asthma attack every time. :frustrated:

Mat&Murph
October 23rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
I just found this thread and thought it was cool to hear all about everybodies furry family. My name is Karly and I am from New Brunswick but live in Ontario. I have 4 two legged kids..1 boy and 3 girls and 2 english mastiff boys around 7 months old. Matt and Murphy. I have had in the past Brandy (labx) Willie and Emma (havanese) Jayco (German shepard) and Cricket and Maggie (poodles). Nice meeting all of you:pawprint:

Tundra_Queen
October 23rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
Hi

My hubs has a 6 yr female yellow lab, named Tegan. She is his guide dog, but she is my garden and tv compainion. *S* She is my sweetie!

We have a 6 yr old cat Wilbur aka Willie that was born in our garage and his momma left him behind when she took the other 5 siblings. He was the runt and has a bad eye.

I was scared to death of this little 4 wk old kitten and didn't know what to do with him, I have always been a dog person. But this is where the love affair with cats happened.

6 wks ago we adopted two kittens. They were found in an old junk car.

The Male is O'Shawnnessy and is the sweetiest little thing and loves everyone and everthing! (Even Willie when he is being a poop head to the kittens.)

Maribelle, is his sister and is smaller, is very shy but thinks she is part monkey! She loves to explore and climb things.

Dexter, is my 7 or 8 year old goldfish, that my son says is part salmon cause he is so big. He lives his winters in a huge plastic garden tote, cause he is too big for an aquarium. :laughing: In the summer he is put out in the pond. My grand daughter thought it wasn't nice that Nanny's fish didn't have a name, so that is why he does now. :laughing:

Debbie

CrazyCasey
November 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
I've judt joined a couple weeks ago actually, but anyways...
I'm canadian
I own...
a male hedgehog
a male Shih tzu poodle mix
a female german shepherd beagle mix
and a "male" ball python (we're not 100% sure if its a boy though lol)

MindysMom
November 1st, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'm Deb - I share my home with hubbie, our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Mindy, (until September with our 11 year old Golden Zeus), and soon to have another sweet Cavalier, Max

snapdragon
April 14th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Hi my name is Kim and I live in the UK with my husband and we have 3 rescue Bull Terriers 2 white girls age 10 and 5 and 1 tri-clour boy age 2 years old, we also have a ginger boy cat approx 10 years old and I plecostamus cat fish who is 20 plus years old. Not sure but I think that is quite old for a fish he was a rescue too.

CarolynInPEI
April 14th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Carolyn, I'm a female from Canada and I have a cat-Hank and a dog-Monty (although Monty has passed, he is still my dog). But I regularly have 3 other dogs and a cat in my life. The dogs are Duke, Chimo and Charlie. The cat is Little Devil.

And I am allergic to the cats. And Duke. But that doesn't matter to me....what's a few hives, swollen eyes, swollen skin(when scratched) and sneezing compared to unconditional love??:thumbs up Certain animals affect me more than others but I love them all the same.

Kassiaethne
April 21st, 2009, 11:52 PM
Hi I am Catherine. I have moved from the USA to Campinas Brazil ^^. I had 3 dogs and one cat (used to be two but a neighbor poisoned rugrat :mad: ) They have all been family pets and I have always had a cat since I was a baby. So of course moving to Brazil made no difference. Once settled in first thing I did was go adopt a kitten. Which I am very happy about, they treat their small dogs like gold here but the cats are treated like crap. Never had a boy pet so Oliver is a first ^^. So currently. ONE NEW KITTEN!!!:lovestruck:

Bina
April 26th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Maybe the poll needs a category for farm pets?
I have 2 Nubian goats, siblings, 5 years old, male is castrated.
We have 3 cats, (my dogs have passed away), 5 chinchillas, 2 goldfish, 3 box turtles.
Past pets:
Horses, ponies, chickens, quail, birds, parrots, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, salamanders, newts, frogs, tortoise, hermit crabs.
I have rehab-ed wild birds.

jillybeanrocks
April 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM
My name is Jill and my hubby is Ron, we live SE of Leduc, AB on an acreage.

We have 2 inside cats (Willy and Simon), 1 outdoor cat (Baby), 1 Yorkie (Cooper) and soon to be adding another puppy. We are getting a Bernese Mountain Dog in June from a Breeder here in Alberta. They were born in 3 weeks ago! We have been waiting for quite a while for one and we are very excited about our newest arrival!

My Betta passed away last fall after 2 wonderful years :( but we are considering getting another one.

Also, we are getting sheep this summer and maybe some pygmy goats!

the gang
July 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM
im brenda and have 5 rescued min pins:thumbs up

SOS MIOW
July 8th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I'm Janet and I'm a real estate agent in the West Island area of Montreal. I have 2 dogs & 4 cats. I was founder and director of SOS MIOW for a couple of years and we successfully placed approx. 200 abandonned cats/kittens into new loving homes. SOS MIOW is no longer officially in operation, but I still try to guide people who are involved in helping animals.:lovestruck:

Update: I only have 2 cats now and one of my dogs has changed (one lives with my daughter and I took in a rescue chihuahua that was a BYB mother). I now foster for KIKO Dog Rescue in Rigaud, QC.:pawprint:

Pipercats
July 9th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Bill and Terri in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
We have 6 cats, 1 dog and a 66 gallon aquarium.

Shaykeija
July 11th, 2009, 11:37 PM
4 dogs ( 2 rescue failures ) 1 cat , 2 fish, 2 husbands.......................................... .............(a friend of mine split up with his wife and is living here) now i can nag 1 comming and 1 going lol:crazy:

Wendy.H.
July 24th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I have one dog, three cats, a guinea pig, two kids and a husband. :)

April G.
July 25th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hello I'm April, I live in Ontario.

:dog: I have 1 dog named Cisco who will be 14 years on Sept. 3.:dog:

:cat: I have 1 cat named Aragorn who just turned 6 in March. :cat:

:cat: I have a 11 week old kitten named Caelyn. :cat:

Luvmypitgirls
December 15th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm Catie from High River, I have 3 APBT's and a Rottie, two cats and a snake.
I joined Pets.ca, a while back and I truly enjoy this forum and the ppl that come here.

cassiek
December 20th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I am the proud mom/slave to 3 dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 tarantula and some fish :thumbs up

I joined this forum in an effort to learn more about the BARF diet and have gained a ton of information and have successfully been feeding it for 2 months! :D

My kids -

Sassy - 8 1/2 year old female maltese X. Alpha of the pack (after me!). We did pet therapy in a special needs unit in Saskatoon for about 6 months.

Furby - 6 year old male bichon X. Generally cranky and unexcitable :laughing: must hate living with so many women! :crazy:

Brynn - 2 year old brindle boxer X. Rescue I adopted early this summer. Has come a long, long way! Barely knew how to sit when I got her, now after 2 obedience classes, we are training to enter rally-o in Calgary this February!

Samara - 5 year old tarantula. A beauty that's very friendly. Likes a varied diet of crickets, superworms, pinkies etc.

Bear - 2 year old female bunny. A sweetheart! :lovestruck:

We currently reside on a farm just outside Lethbridge. I am a huge advocate of spaying/neutering and also love the bully breeds. Would like to own a rottweiler or APBT next! :thumbs up

dbg10
December 31st, 2009, 06:59 PM
I am the mom of 4 cats all of whom are my pride and joy.
:cat: Sam -12 yrs
:cat: Bailey - 9 yrs
:cat: Tiger - 9 yrs
:cat: Smokey - 5 yrs.

I have owned 3 puppies, who now R.I.P.

:dog: Pepper the ESS passed away in July 2009 at the age of 12 1/2 yrs
:dog: Blackie the lab/Shep X passed away in Dec. 2005 at 14 1/2 yrs
:dog: Dylan the GR who passed away at 11 yrs in August 2001

I am currently in the process of adopting a spaniel x's who is 11 years old.

It is nice to have a thread like this to know who the members are, I don't know why it took me this long to find it :thumbs up

shirley1011
January 1st, 2010, 06:10 AM
dbg10...ty for adopting those senior spaniels!

Thanks to my son and his g/f for moving back home we now have 4 Norwegian Elkhounds and one Rescue Black
Shepherd/X

Frenchy
January 1st, 2010, 09:35 AM
well I think I should update :p back when the thread was started I had 3 older goldens , only 1 remains :sad:.... and I had 12 yr old Chloe (cocker mix ) who left for Rainbow bridge after a year with me.

So now it's 5 dogs & 3 cats , all rescues so don't really know their age for sure :shrug:

dogs :
Bailey , Golden , 12 yr old
Nelly , Great dane , 4-5 yr old
Sienna , Kelpie , 2 1/2 yr old
Jack , Pomeranian , 1 1/2 yr old
Churchill , Great pyrenee , 6 yr old

cats :
Monsieur le chat , 5-6 yr old
Paddington , 4-5 yr old
Coco , 2-3 yr old

the gang
January 1st, 2010, 09:20 PM
oh i would love another cocker its been 6 yrs since i lost chalsie

Melei'sMom
January 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
My name is Teresa. We live in Alberta with 1 Shih-tzu cross(Melei), a golden gecko(Apollo), Syrian Hamster (Deliah), 2 Bettas(Percy & Ming-Yu), and a guppy tank with a pleco(Eureka).

I am allergic to the hamster, but my daughter keeps her in the bedroom and superclean so it doesn't bother me too much, and I am supposedly allergic to cats and dogs, but only cats bug my eyes, no dog ever has.

Guess I should update this! lol

We still have Melei the shihtzuX and my name is still Teresa...but that is all that has not changed. we have 2 kitty sisters, Rayne and Kaeda but all the other pets are gone :,(. none of them had very long life spans. we now live in BC, so that has changed too.

my daughter wants a hamster again, so we maybe adding that to the list of pets in the spring...and I want a betta again, so stay tuned!

DH and I have also decided that if we have an opportunity to add another little dog to the fold, we will not say no, but we are not activly looking for her, the right one will come when it is meant to be.

norm258
January 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm fairly new -- name is Norm. I have 2 dogs of my own - Scruffy, a male 6 year old terrier mix rescued, and a 3 month old German Shepherd baby girl named Trixie. I am constantly learning from my pets on obedience and tracking.

Norm

-----------
RIP Hunter, GSD, Dec 15, 2007 - Dec 27, 2009
RIP Cassie, Border Collie mix, 16 wonderful years

Pink-ET
March 22nd, 2010, 05:59 AM
Interesting the amount of women versus men on the forums!

Kay9
March 23rd, 2010, 12:35 AM
It would be interesting to conduct this poll at points in time, and ask how often the member visits and/or posts during that interval.

hazelrunpack
March 23rd, 2010, 09:37 AM
I've got 6 setters: Ember and Lil Belle (littermates, 4 yrs old); Cass (5 this month); Cole (4); and Macie and Ridge (about 3 1/2). In my spare time I like to ... oh, wait... what spare time? :crazy:

Hmmmm...I never updated...we're up to 8...have been for a long time. :o

Anyway, add Brier and Grace to the above list :thumbs up

Frenchy
March 23rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
I also should update ...

dogs :
Bailey , Golden , 12 yr old :rip: :(

Nelly , Great dane , 4-5 yr old
Sienna , Kelpie , 2 1/2 yr old
Jack , Pomeranian , 1 1/2 yr old
Churchill , Great pyrenee , 6 yr old

cats :
Monsieur le chat , 5-6 yr old
Paddington , 4-5 yr old
Coco , 2-3 yr old

14+kitties
March 23rd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Weird. I thought I had posted in here. :shrug:
Anyhoo - I have two doggers. Keesha, toy poodle, is coming up 16 years in June (pray she makes it). Sammy, labx, is 12ish. She is everyone's friend. Especially if they have food in their hand. :rolleyes:
Numerous kitties. A lot of them are unadoptable as they are semi feral and don't let anyone but me near. At present the number is 37. :eek: I love each and every one of them. They are my reason for getting up in the morning. Well, them and Pets.ca!
There is always food left out for any other kitties coming and going.

Koteburo
September 19th, 2010, 03:54 AM
According to the poll most of us are crazy doggy or cat ladies :laughing:

Jenn~n~Luke
December 1st, 2010, 11:24 PM
I'm Jenn, from Saint John NB, and I am the loving slave to Luke, 16 month old great dane.

gonciar
July 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
We are a family with 3 cats ...