Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello.... Again

Puppyluv
May 16th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Not sure about the turnover on this site since January, but some of you might remember me, and some of you might not.
I had to break my pets.ca addiction in January after getting hit by a car while walking my dog, Layla, because between the time commitment of rehab ontop of an overloaded school schedule, I was sleeping maybe 8 hours a week total. If I had continued my addiction, those sleep hours would have fallen to zero.
Now that I'm completey done school and done rehab, (except for a little physio each week) I'm ready to fuel my addiction again... so lemme at er ;)

Prin
May 16th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Yey!!! Yer back! We've been waiting! Now that you're a newbie again, you have to post more pics of Layla! :D

I really hope your recovery wasn't too harsh.:fingerscr

catsnatcher-CDN
May 17th, 2006, 04:45 AM
PuppyLuv! Good to see you've recovered well!!

What ever happened to the guy driving the car?

Puppyluv
May 17th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes :)
I've recovered pretty well, and only really feel pain if I stand or walk for two long. I've had to give up running, something that Layla dearly misses, but my physio says I may get to start again in a week or two (I haven't told Layla, so as not to get her hopes up :p)
As per the guy who hit me, he pretty much got off with a slap to the wrist-a $300 fine, and a "be more careful".
I will post new pics of Layla as soon as I find that camera of mine, and then you won't be able to stop me:D

Prin
May 17th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Sorry for the pain (and the lack of justice). I hope you get running again soon.:)

(still waiting for pics :D )

BMDLuver
May 17th, 2006, 03:41 PM
oh good! We were worrying about you. Glad you are back and close to healing.

jessi76
May 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Welcome back!!! :)

chico2
May 17th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Puppyluv,of course we remember you and Layla,welcome back!!
I hope you'll be 100% very soon and of course we like pics!

jesse's mommy
May 17th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Welcome back! I'm so glad to hear you are well. I was wondering how you were doing. What ever happened with the people who returned Layla to your home? Did you ever find out who they were?

I'm really sorry to hear the guy only got a fine and a slap on the wrists.

Puppyluv
May 18th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Jesse's mommy, I did in the end get the phone number of the couple who looked after Layla for me. The Ambulance driver had written down their info and put it in with my papers. I called them and thanked them profusely, they were so kind and humble. My dad and I agreed that a little more was needed, so I bought them a gift certificate from quite a nice restaurant here, (Cafe Ferreira, for the Montrealers who know it), to cover a dinner for two. They caled back to thank me, and were so appreciative and sincere, but said that they didn't deserve it (totally not true, imo, they deserve much more).

Prin
May 18th, 2006, 12:22 AM
ooo Café Ferriera! That's a really nice place! :) They sound like great people.:)

glasslass
May 19th, 2006, 12:27 AM
If I remember right, they did more than just look after Layla. The world needs a lot more of such people.