Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bryant ignored by the feds

seeker
May 16th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Bryant is pretty upset about his writing of a letter to the Federal Conservatives requesting that they not scrap the gun registry . The reason he is upset is because they ignored him .:rolleyes:
I suppose he feels ignoring people is His business and that up till now there was nobody better at it than he .

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
May 16th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Oh poor baby. :rolleyes:

twodogsandacat
May 17th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Who's Bryant?

twodogsandacat
May 17th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Good. He should be ignored he's an idiot.

I just read in the National Post that when asked about the numbers (55 dogs involved in 23 fatal attacks over 23 years Ė only one attack involved pit bulls) that they (Crown) say the Province isnít going to wait until the body toll rises to take action. Therefore this must be a preventative measure right?

What about the single breed involved in the last two fatal attacks in Canada? Why they Ďarenít an issueĒ according to comments Bryant made. Because this law has nothing to do with safety and if it wanted to prevent the possibility of ANY dog related deaths it would have included more breeds to start with. Itís all about kicking someone else in the teeth to deflect attention away from the fact that your shoe laces are untied.

seeker
May 17th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Polititians will do anything to get re-elected nothing more nothing less .
It is too bad really because if he had studied it a little more in depth he had a chance to make a real law that would have protected the public . Calgary did it but it took a lot of thought and when you can't tie shoelaces there are not a lot of thoughts to be had .

babyrocky1
May 17th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Calgarys law was held up to the committee as an example gosh, fifty or sixty times during the hearings, the problem with Calgarys law from Bryants perspective is that it is intelligent, sensible, do-able, but non sensationalized. It approaches the questions in a calm and intelligent way. Its not the stuff that over sensationalized journalism, of which he is so fond, is going to grab on to and turn into headlines. Oh yeah and it wasnt his dumb a$$s idea.

mastifflover
May 17th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Calgarys law was held up to the committee as an example gosh, fifty or sixty times during the hearings, the problem with Calgarys law from Bryants perspective is that it is intelligent, sensible, do-able, but non sensationalized. It approaches the questions in a calm and intelligent way. Its not the stuff that over sensationalized journalism, of which he is so fond, is going to grab on to and turn into headlines. Oh yeah and it wasnt his dumb a$$s idea.

Well you would have to be dealing with a rational person to come to an agreement such as Calgary's but we are not dealing with anyone even close to rational. We are dealing with a news hound who seeing his name in print is what it is all about. Maybe if he did not feel he had to make up for his shortcomings by being an small ignorant politician who only cares about his pension not about anybody or any dog. If he actually did something like change the young offenders act, Oh but that would actually require work. Guess he will just wait for someone else to do it why would he actually do something beneficial to the public. I hate this little man he just gets under my skin everytime I see his ugly mug in front of the cameras.

babyrocky1
May 17th, 2006, 08:47 PM
And speaking of Dumb A$$es, Tim Dack, the Bryant from Winnipeg was on some news show being interviewed by another idiot self proclaimed journalist,about Ontarios bill 132, he was the guy who pushed for the pbull ban in Winnipeg and testified at committee about how successful it was. Anyways he was blathering on about its success and then at the end of the show, the so called journalist said something like, well youve had it for 14 yrs. you must be doing something right...only how I remember the story is that Winnipegs pit bull ban caused bites from other breeds to dramatically increase, that is until they adopted aspects of the Calgary law...Im thinking to cover their dumb a$$es. Which is apparantly my fave word for now and the forseeeable future!

Watchdog
May 18th, 2006, 12:08 AM
The Feds must know what we know. Bryant is always talking from the flaps of his ass.