Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need Help!!

BuddysMommy
May 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I have a 6 yr old Beagle named Buddy.. Last week he got out but was brought back by a neighbour... Since Wednesday of last week hes been going down hill.He sleeps constantly & he shakes alot.. we have done everything we can for him i.e. covering him with a blanket to keep him warm.. Now today is Tues. May 16th & he cant open his eyes very much.. I cant afford a vet becuz I'm on a Disability pension... He use to be a very active dog now we never hear him bark or whine... I dont have a clue as to what this could be.. I told a friend online about him & she told me her dog was the same way before she died . her dog had gotten poisoned.. we have a backyard thats fenced in & I'm bewildered.. I dont know if Im explaining this good but I need to know if its a possibilty that Buddy may have been or gotten into some poison? He very rarely goes out side & when he does he shakes uncontrolably for a bit so we cover him up with a blanket.. I would like to hear from a Vet as to what is wrong with Buddy.. It hurts to see him this way & my bf is upset that we cant take him to a Vet to be checked over as they want payment & we dont have that kind of money right now...Im hoping that someone can answer this & give me some Guidance as to how or what we can do for Buddy...
Cathy Buddy's Owner

LM1313
May 16th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Can you find another vet, one who accepts payments spread out over a long period of time? I'm sorry, there's just no way to diagnose the dog over the internet. He definitely needs help, he sounds like he's in a bad way!

Alternatively, do you have anything you can pawn off or sell to earn the money? You can try a pawn shop or eBay. (You have to have a credit card to start an eBay account; as a seller with 0 feedback, you may not get as many bids as you would with some feedback, however.)

rainbow
May 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
The only thing you can do for Buddy is get him to a vet ASAP. Most vets will make payment arrangements. Please take Buddy to a vet and let us know the results.:fingerscr

SnowDancer
May 16th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Buddy really does need to see a vet and very quickly. Have you specifically asked your regular vet about deferred payment for treatment in this case considering the severity of Buddy's condition? My vet no longer offers payment plans as a general rule as it became just too expensive for them to carry the debt, but certainly exceptions are made when the situation is grave and the animal is a regular patient. Certainly Buddy has been poisoned or has eaten something poisonous or has a neurological disorder. It certainly hasn't anything to do with age. I had a Beagle. Hope you are able to get him help soon.

Tigger
May 16th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Find a means to help your dog with proper veterinary care. This topic is now closed as it clearly states on the board rules to seek veterinary care for such a dire situations.