Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Jack Russell....

Rix7
May 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Hello,

My 7+ yr old Jack Russell, Charlie, has what appears to be a small amount of blood in his urine. We noticed yesterday (05/15/2006) for the first time.
It is not red or pure bloody, but it is disclored.
He does not seem to be in any distress, and is not displaying any sign of discomfort.
Should we continue to monitor and if it becomes worse go to the vet or is this potentially something dangerous.

Thanks in advance....

Rix7

chico2
May 16th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Rix7,I would not wait until it gets worse,better safe than sorry:pawprint: there could be an infection.

SnowDancer
May 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I would go to the vet as soon as possible. In my male, the blood in the urine was caused by bladder stones. Or, it could be an infection.

rainbow
May 16th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Should we continue to monitor and if it becomes worse go to the vet or is this potentially something dangerous.

Definitely take him to the vet as soon as possible as he very likely has an infection. Please let us know the results.:pawprint:

shredy
May 16th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Bllod in urine is always a sign of infection, or worse. You need to take him to the vet for a urinalysis and they will be able to tell you more. It may not seem to be causing him discomfort, but probably is.

Lucky Rescue
May 16th, 2006, 06:56 PM
IF there is blood in his urine, I don't how much worse you're waiting for it to get to take him to the vet.:confused:

Prin
May 16th, 2006, 11:54 PM
I agree with the above- blood in the urine won't go away on its own.