Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

good online store for leather dog collars?

technodoll
May 15th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I've been surfing for days trying to find a nice pink leather studded (or spiked) collar for my little girl, but everything i find is too small! :( she would need about 24 or 26-inch collar to grow into, and most stores only carry up to 18 or 20".... bigger stuff is black or brown leather. everybody thinks she's a boy soooo we want to give her a feminine look of her own :o

does anybody know of a place, even a store in Montreal, where I could find such an item? thanks in advance!!

mafiaprincess
May 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I know you said leather.. but these are my most favourite collars in the world and they are made for big paws only..
And come in girly colours like pink, and can have things like your dog's name in a ladylike script embrodered on.

www.blockydogs.com

technodoll
May 15th, 2006, 10:21 PM
yes i'm familiar with these collars, they look totally great! but really, i am looking for pink leather with studs and/ or rounded spikes... my boy has a black one and it would be cool to have them "matched" :)

mafiaprincess
May 15th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I figured you had a reason.. I'm just in love with their collars and have to point them out since I own a tiny paw, and have to wait to 'need' one of their collars, lol.

technodoll
May 15th, 2006, 10:27 PM
awe... i'm in the reverse situation, LOL! i saw a gazillion amazing dog collars i would love for my keeters, but they only come in "pocketdog" sizes, booo!

BoxerRescueMTL
May 15th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Have you tried Hot Dogs All Dressed? They are sold all over MTL, they are a MTL company and definitely make large collars. Vegas has a red leather 24 in collar w/skulls and cross bones on it. His boxer "girlfriend" had the same one but in pink leather. I am sur you could special order one with spikes etc on it. http://www.hotdogsalldressed.com

technodoll
May 16th, 2006, 09:36 AM
wow nice stuff, thank you for the link! i'll inquire to see if they can make something special for my girl, thanks! :crazy:

SnowDancer
May 16th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I was going to suggest hotdogs as well. My dog's groomer carries the line as well as other - including a particularly "feminine" line. I will PM you her store site - it has links to several different lines so you can just hit on them. In Toronto though, but at least when on sites you can see where sold. My boy dog is always taken for a girl. He is getting his usual harness in a summer colour - I wanted the rose pink - would look stunning with his dark eyes, lips and nose and his sparkling (when clean) white fur, but was overruled by everybody who felt pink would just add to the confusion. Heck, reall "girly guys" were pink.