Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need help!

Miguelita
May 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM
:sad:

Hi,
I live in Sturgeon Falls, which is situated between North Bay and Sudbury in northern Ontario. I have been looking for breeders of cokapoo's or terripoos in my area for almost a year but unfortunately without success. Can anyone out there help me?

Miguelita
May 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM
sad:

Hi,
I live in Sturgeon Falls, which is situated between North Bay and Sudbury in northern Ontario. I have been looking for breeders of cokapoo's or terripoos in my area for almost a year but unfortunately without success. Can anyone out there help me?

technodoll
May 15th, 2006, 08:04 PM
i'm not touching this one with a 10-foot pole :eek:

catsnatcher-CDN
May 15th, 2006, 08:21 PM
oh boy!:sad:

cpietra16
May 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
These dogs are not pure breeds and therefore are bred by backyard breeders who are in it for the money....if you really want one of these dogs please look in petfinders.com....there are many looking for homes..please don't support a back yard breeder. People on this site are with rescues and they have seen one too many dogs dumped:(

OntarioGreys
May 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM
The reason you can't find it because ethical breeders do not purposely breed crossbreeds(mutts). When people start requesting designer bred pups it increases the number of puppymills and backyard breeder in countries that are already destroying millions of dogs a year for lack of homes or selling them to research labs. These mixeddogs are not bred often with the same care and health and temperment screening and testing that purebreds go thru and they are normally sold at much higher prices than an ethical purebred breeder would sell for. instead I recommend checking www.petfinder.com and look if this is really what you want, check under cocker spaniel, poodle or the terrrier breeds, as the mixes will be listed there, some rescues will try to find ways to help bring dogs closer to you with the help of volunteers to make it easier to adopt.