Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello to everyone....

2Weiss
May 15th, 2006, 07:24 PM
This is the first time I have been or used this site. It really interested me to know there's a whole bunch of other people who have questions regarding there pets. I have been an animal lover my whole life and especially a cat lover. As long as I can remember I've always had at least two cats and a dog. In our home now we have a 10 year old American Eskimos/Border Collie female named Ricki, a 2 year old male cat named Shylo and an 8 month old female kitten named Ruby. I really think I'd be lost without having a pet as that's all I know. Now we had a stray show up at our acreage and I've named her Molly. I can't wait to talk with others cat & dog lovers and share our stories. Talk with you all soon.

LibbyP
May 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Welcome 2Weiss, glad to meet you, it seems that Ruby is a very popular name for kitties, what colour is she? My Ruby is 7yrs Siamese that my daughter named, we had to pick between that name and Strawberry:o . I have two dogs and a crazy kitten along with Ruby. Hope you find many helpful hits on the forum, talk with you soon:pawprint:

2Weiss
May 15th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Our Ruby is mostly black with white tipped paws and a white mouth. She is the cuddliest kitten I've ever had. My 4 year old son actually named her coming from his favorite show Max & Ruby. Actually we had Max first but he had an unfortunate accident where he broke his pelvic bone and we had to have him put to sleep. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and hope I'll never have to do it again. I'm so glad that I found this sight because it gives so much great information. Talk with you soon.

SnowDancer
May 16th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Welcome. I have a 2 year and 1 month old (but who is counting the months to hopeful maturity?) American Eskimo. There is a lady I meet on the street who has an Eskimo/Border Collie cross - who looks pure Eskimo - no black except for the much loved mud. What I can't understand is how dog can only weigh 13 lbs. Her dog inherited the antics of an Eskie, but the more non family people oriented personality of a Border Collie.

2Weiss
May 16th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Our American Eskimos/Border Collie has the colors of the border collie but the look and attitude of the American Eskimos.

LibbyP
May 16th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Hi 2Weiss,:crazy: little 4 year olds think alike, as we also have 'Max' who is our crazy kitten and of course he's Ruby's little brother LOL
:sorry: to hear about your poor boy Max, talk with you again soon

SnowDancer
May 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I could do with a little of the Border Collie "natural" black colouring instead of the mud. He had a walk in the ravine the other day and someone on the street asked me if I had tinted his legs and tummy - boy did he look a happy mess! But at least with the Eskie fur much of the mud - if not the grey look -brushes out. Personality wise, I could probably do with the more people friendly attitude - well at least with people that are friendly.