Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

CTV Poll on pit bulls, please vote..no

Luvmypit
May 15th, 2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.ctv.ca/

The question is "do you think that Pit bulls are more dangerous then other breeds?" I know the answer its a definate NO but the majority seems to not get that. Please vote.

lezzpezz
May 15th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Here's where it stands...not too great at this point I'm afraid:

Do you think pit bulls are more dangerous than other breeds of dogs?

Yes 3383 votes (62 %)

No 2059 votes (38 %)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 15th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I think any dog can be dangerous- there is a lot of other factors as well - such has genetics, inbreeding, backyard breeders that decide to breed two dogs that may not have good genes, lack of socialization etc, etc.... I have also seen aggressive labs, spaniels and other dogs - I havent met that many pitbulls to be honest but the ones I have met have all been super friendly so far. :D

Luvmypit
May 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Lezzpezz good news is I got this email about the CTV poll from Advocate for the underdog. When I first saw it it was at 34% ..

technodoll
May 15th, 2006, 02:59 PM
just voted... the "no" is up to 39%...

ALL uncontrolled & aggressive dogs scare me, but i do admit that some bully breeds seem more frightening to me than others when they get mad... prolly due to the godzilla sounds they make, coupled with their impressive heads and no "long fur" to hide anything...

my dog's bestest friend is a little male pittie and boy, the noises that come out of that dog sometimes when he plays, LOL! if i didn't know him so well, i would wonder what is up. i have seem some dumb@ss pitbull owners proudly toting their bling-dogs as weapons and it makes me sick. I love pitbulls but when i see one of "those dogs", my stomach makes a knot and I am nervous, i can't help it. :sad:

can we vote on banning the "bad" pitbull owners, and not the dogs?? :evil:

Prin
May 15th, 2006, 03:31 PM
It's 60/40 for the yes now. Movin' up!:)

Melei'sMom
May 15th, 2006, 06:15 PM
41% It's getting there! :)

jesse's mommy
May 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM
45% no...getting there.

t.pettet
May 15th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Any breed who has been genetically bred to fight I tend to think is more dangerous than one who is not. I would much rather have to deal with a less muscular, less stubborn, less focused and calmer breed than one who for generations has been bred to fight. After the episode yesterday I can safely say that a sporting or herding breed would have quit the assault without the need for such dire consequences. No offence to any pitt, rotty or owner of a genetically inclined breed but they just don't back-off and the over-kill desire seems to make them oblivious of their surroundings or the pain that is being inflicted on them to block their focus.

Prin
May 15th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I used to think like that too, but I've seen good pitties and bad pitties and it really depends on the owner. A good pitty owner would never put his dog in a position where it would end up mauling another. You know? And I think that's part of the problem- on the street and in the news, all we see are the bad ones. The responsible pitty owners are not as visible...

rainbow
May 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Awwww, I missed this poll. It ended up 55% Yes and 45% No. I would have liked to see it the other way around. I guess my one vote wouldn't have helped much though.