Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 dog "attacks" in London...and they're not even Pitbulls!!

lezzpezz
May 15th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Imagine that!:eek: Dogs attacking that aren't pit bulls! Who'da thunk it....

POLICE SEEK INFORMATION AFTER DOG ATTACKS
Sunday, May 14, 2006

BY FREE PRESS STAFF

London police need help finding owners of two dogs that attacked passersby in separate incidents yesterday. At 3 a.m. a man was scratched by a small black dog as he walked across a bridge on Windermere Road across from Western Research Park. The dog's owner was white, slim and about five-foot-10. The man faces rabies shots unless the dog can be found and its vaccination confirmed.
Also yesterday, a woman walking her dog on Adelaide Street near Osgoode Drive was bitten by one of two border collies. The dogs' owner was a six-foot white male, slim with brown hair and in his late 20s. The owner would not say if the dogs were licensed or vaccinated.

Anyone with information should phone police at ***-****.

Georgiapeaches
May 15th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I saw this yesterday and it infuriated me. Did you see where they placed this article in the paper? Uhmm...lower bottom of a page a few pages in from front page.

lezzpezz
May 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, I noticed...somehow not surprising,eh? Beth waiting for report from City on this.

(off topic here: Will you be at the meeting tomorrow in Byron? Hope so! Should be very interesting.!!)

BullLover
May 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Meeting?

Where and when? I guess and what for? The new park?

lezzpezz
May 15th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Yes, for the proposed off leash park. City called a meeting 'cause some folks don't want the park in their backyard. We have a dog behaviourist speaking on behalf of the dogs, risk management, LDOA and the parks department.

The opposition has ?? who knows....should be an interesting, heated debate. Come if you can! Would like to see lots of support for the park!

It's at Byron Somerset PS at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow.....

seeker
May 15th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Imagine that!:eek: Dogs attacking that aren't pit bulls! Who'da thunk it....

POLICE SEEK INFORMATION AFTER DOG ATTACKS
Sunday, May 14, 2006

BY FREE PRESS STAFF

London police need help finding owners of two dogs that attacked passersby in separate incidents yesterday. At 3 a.m. a man was scratched by a small black dog as he walked across a bridge on Windermere Road across from Western Research Park. The dog's owner was white, slim and about five-foot-10. The man faces rabies shots unless the dog can be found and its vaccination confirmed.
Also yesterday, a woman walking her dog on Adelaide Street near Osgoode Drive was bitten by one of two border collies. The dogs' owner was a six-foot white male, slim with brown hair and in his late 20s. The owner would not say if the dogs were licensed or vaccinated.

Anyone with information should phone police at ***-****.

For the past 2 years many pitbull stories ended with a brief comment about the owner of the dogs . A lot of the owners gave the victims attitude .
Many of us here and many experts all over North America claimed it was an "owner problem". Mr. Bryant would not hear it claiming the dog was the problem .
So what now here we have 2 attacks where it sounds as if the owner has run off giving no information about vaccinations or accepting responsibilities for the dogs actions in other words acting irresponsibly . Yet these are not Pit Bulls or pit bull like dogs , so what can Bryant claim now ?
Maybe these are the only 2 non pitbull owners in history that have acted this way ?
There are 2 dogs that have caused harm to innocent people and 2 irresponsible owners that allowed the dogs to act this way . The way I see it the common denominator is and always has been the owner and not the breed of dog.

One more thing . It seems like in the minds of journalists and news commentators simply including the word pitbull means good circulation and rating numbers. The must think, why waste ink and words on a dog attack story if you cannot say or print "pitbull" ?

wdawson
May 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM
here in hamilton we have had 2 incidents.........one a black lab being walked by a reported middle aged woman bites kid in stomach she leaves never too be seen.......now kid has a series of rabies shots.........three rotties running loose attack a kid on a bike ride with his mom and i thing 2 other children....one dog shot and later pts , other 2 taken by animal control but returned........and this guy has been charged before and has a case in court at the time this happened......again no pits involved

Georgiapeaches
May 16th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Yes, I noticed...somehow not surprising,eh? Beth waiting for report from City on this.

(off topic here: Will you be at the meeting tomorrow in Byron? Hope so! Should be very interesting.!!)

Sorry I didn't make it tonight. I had originally been planning to go, but then realized it was the same day as today's hearing in Toronto, which I had been planning to attend. :( Hope all went well and there was a large turnout! Let me know!