Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here we go again :(

Rottielover
May 15th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I do not know how he got this, but had to take him to the vet again because of an infection. Near his lip, under his chin I found a gross scabby infection. Must have happened almost over night.
Brought him to the vet, and she said it was due to moisture. How ???? He does not drool, nor has he been swimming. How can I keep him from having these come back. Not hot spots, he had those last year. So now he is on cephalaxin for 21 days, which I think is crazy, but what can I do..... Now my mom is even asking how can you keep him with no job....I am asking myself the same thing now.....Payment plans need to be paid or they do not work.....Any suggestions on how I can keep this from happening again...Remember he was at the vet 2 weeks ago with intestinal problems.....ARGHHHHHHHH he is making me broke :( another 200$ later...

muckypup
May 15th, 2006, 08:59 AM
My dog gets that too. I just keep his chin clean and wash the area with medicated shampoo or wipe it with a cotton pad and peroxide. I hope that works for you too.

erykah1310
May 15th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Nikitas sister gets that too, and there is a cream that my friend uses that really helps!! Kilo doesnt drool either but she has a fold that holds in the moisture, Id say keep it clean and dry it out daily. Thats what Nat does to help her out! I'll ask her what cream she uses ( vet recommended) later today and let you know!!
Sorry to hear that times are kinda tough!!:grouphug:

shredy
May 16th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Does your dog have allergies? Shade used to get bacterial infections under her collar because of a buildup of moisture. She has allergies and they tend to show up around 1-3 years of age. They usually present in the skin or pads of the feet. He could have gotten moisture buildup under his chin from drooling (rotties drool alot!!!) Good luck!

Rottielover
May 17th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Harley does not drool, he does not have loose jowels, only drool that comes from his mouth is when he drinks. He is now wearing a cone during the day to stop him from scratching it. He does not have allergies...I will just have to keep area very dry and wash it with witch hazel. He is on antibiotics for 3 weeks, hope it clears:fingerscr