Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog's back feet

melikey
May 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Hi all. This is my first time to visit this site and I really hope you can help me.
My 2 year old beagle -- who is happily runniing in circles as I write-- appears to stand poorly on her back feet. At times her back toenails stick straight up in the air. It is like she is putting all of her weight in the center pad and none on the toe pads. It is far more pronounced on hard surdfaces (like our sidewalk) but not as bad on carpet. She also has started chewing her feet ravenously. I wills see her with her entire lower back leg deep in her mouth just gnawing away. I am going to make a vet appointment, but we are overseas and there is a language barrier. I am afraid that, although she is healthy in appearance and mannerism now, something may be seriously wrong with her that will manifest later. Any ideas?

SnowDancer
May 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Your Beagle's diagnosis will require a vet's diagnosis. Beagle's do have certain problems - and I would be very concerned about any sort of problem with rear end. If language barrier is a problem, perhaps you can find someone to accompany you who is bilingual. Hope that vet can determine problem - and frankly, I would make appointment a.s.a.p.