Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Co-op makes news!

babyrocky1
May 14th, 2006, 10:50 PM
If you happened to watch Citys' coverage tonight at eleven, that group of responsible pittie owners was us! Rocky had a close up ofcourse! We were kind of taken of guard, they actually came to interview one of our members but ended up coming on the walk with us....all the doggies behaved themselves...phew..... ;)(if anyones still up, theyre rerunning it on CP24...you have to get through some discusting clips of Bryant talking but I think the coverage was pretty good for us. After interviewing some of our members, and Ruby and Bryant, they did "man on the street interviews", and most of them were against the ban.

chico2
May 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I saw a clip on Global with a bunch of pitties being walked,no muzzles.
But they were discussing the courtdate of one owner to fight BSL,I believe it's tomorrow.Sorry I missed yours..

Copper'sMom
May 15th, 2006, 11:48 AM
They keep reporting this story on CP24 throughout the day and I've seen Rocky numerous times! The camera loves him!!:crazy: LOL I recorded it last night on my digi cam - I just have to figure out how to post the clip now!

Luvmypit
May 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Oh coppers'mom I would love to see that. I checked cp24 for it and they don't have a download available. Just the beginning of the story I guess.

babyrocky1
May 17th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I saw a clip on Global with a bunch of pitties being walked,no muzzles.
But they were discussing the courtdate of one owner to fight BSL,I believe it's tomorrow.Sorry I missed yours..Our group are all muzzzled, sad but true, in fact thats how they started out the story, 12 pit bulls, twelve muzzles etc. We insist, not that we need to cause our group are responsible owners, that everyone adhere, not respect, but adhere to the law for the sake of the dogs. We have a great group of people and really cool dogs! All completely well behaved for the cameras! I asked the reporter if she would come and walk with us after the law was overturned and they were all unmuzzled...she said sure!:)

Copper'sMom
May 18th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Oh coppers'mom I would love to see that. I checked cp24 for it and they don't have a download available. Just the beginning of the story I guess.

I"m working on it!;)

Oswaldsmum
May 20th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I recorded it last night on my digi cam - I just have to figure out how to post the clip now!

If you need a site to post your video, photobucket will host it for free.

http://photobucket.com/

I've uploaded still pictures and it's pretty easy to do, so I would imagine uploading a video from your hard drive shouldn't be too complicated.

babyrocky1
May 22nd, 2006, 09:37 PM
Is anyone interested in forming a Pit Bull Co-op in thier own area???? We would like to help you hook up if your interested, there is some talk of a chapter starting in Barrie, and we would like to do all we can to create a network for anyone looking to start one up anywhere at all. We have a website now but if anyone would like us to search for "pittie friends" in ther area we would love to try and help.
Basically its just a walking and networking group for responsible owners of "pittie type" dogs. One of the great things about it is that not only your dog gets to maintain socialization but you get support for yourself for what your undoubtably going through. Also, its good for people to see responsible "non criminal types" of "pittie owners" as we can see by the sun article that were all still assumed to be drug dealers and other assorted low lives.... ;)

babyrocky1
July 14th, 2006, 06:41 PM
So thanks to Pitbulliest the Pit bull Co-op makes positive News again!!!! (Worthnothing Debate) Not my name for him, I stole it cause I like it lOL
Anyways Ithink I will take this opportunity to update everyone on the rest of the Co-op news.

We have now been meeting pretty much since last Xmas, We started on Monday nights, and switched to Sundays for the summer. We now have enough members that we feel we can add the Monday night as well, so we have just started that as of last week. I cant possibly tell you what a difference this makes to our lives. The "bully" walk is such a de-stresser for myself as well as Rocky! We have a great group and know that as we walk, especially through downtown Toronto, we are showing another side to the stereo type of "pit bull" owners as well as the dogs. We stop and talk with anyone who wants to chat and believe me we stop alot! Its all good. We still want to expand to more and more chapters so if youd like to do this in your own neighbourhood or JOIN us please do! You can contact myself or Vi. All of our contact info is on the pit bull co-op web site. www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com So please give it a try. We have started a bit of a list that includes people from other sites looking to start something up, right now we are looking for some folks that can get to Mississauga/Port Credit.

mastifflover
July 14th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I would love to see it if you can get it uploaded. Good work guys

chico2
July 15th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Thank's Babyrock,I am really impressed:thumbs up very informative site and beautiful dogs.
I can sooo understand your dedication to your dogs and although it might not change M.Bryants unfair law,more exposure to the public will gain sympathy for your cause,lets people see your dogs are just dogs,who want to live,love and play.:love: Keep up the good fight:thumbs up

mastifflover
July 15th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Where do you guys walk on Sunday nights? The site by the way is great tons of info.

babyrocky1
July 16th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Ill pm you that info Mastifflover, only cause you never know what kind a crazies are lurking on here LOL Same for everyone else if your at all iinterested or know anybody who is Im happy to pm you or you can use my, or Vis contact info, phone email whatever you like! Also we will be changing the meet up place eventually.
We are meeting tonight and tomorrow!!!

LM1313
July 16th, 2006, 02:41 PM
You guys rock, keep up the good work! :thumbs up

babyrocky1
July 20th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks Lm1313 we will, infact we will have yet another two days this wkend! Well Sunday and Monday, eight oclock, pm me if you need anymore info OR if you know anyone in the Mississauga area that may be interested.

I have a few from other sites and am now :trying to get a Mississauga "chapter started!:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

babyrocky1
July 20th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Thank's Babyrock,I am really impressed:thumbs up very informative site and beautiful dogs.
I can sooo understand your dedication to your dogs and although it might not change M.Bryants unfair law,more exposure to the public will gain sympathy for your cause,lets people see your dogs are just dogs,who want to live,love and play.:love: Keep up the good fight:thumbs upThanks for the kind words Chico, join us for a walk anytime! We can always use more people, even if they dont have dogs cause some folks come with extra lol
We do make a special effort to speak to people who have questions and comments. It started out just as a socialization group for the dogs but now its also very good pr for responsible owners to be out IN PUBLIC with their dogs and educating people as best as we can!