Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missy moo

baby dee
May 14th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Missy is 15 months old and 7 weeks pregnant. We thought our male dog Billy couldn't have puppies but how wrong we were!! I have read she should be having vitamins and i have read that she should't. I have read that she shouldn't be walked with Billy and she shouldn't go in public places. I don't know wot to believe and wot not to, can anyone help?

catsnatcher-CDN
May 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM
pregnant? :sad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 14th, 2006, 06:02 PM
So your dog is close to delivary than - I believe it is 63 days for a dog. You will need to ask a vet -as most of us here do not know a lot about breeding. It seems that the pregnancy was not planned. Are you planning to have both dogs spayed and neutured after the pups are born. I hope so just because there is so many unwanted dogs and puppies around. Also just an idea - when you are adopting out the pups - maybe you can charge whatever the spay or neuter fee is/ make a prearrangement with a vet and charge it as part of the adoption fee.

You said also said that your male dog could not have puppies - is there any possiblity it good be another dog - that got into your yard - of course if Missy is always kept in the house that wouldnt be an issue.

Lucky Rescue
May 14th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Your dog is way too young to be bred. You should be consulting your vet about any questions you have about her health.

I hope you'll have her spayed after this, and have your male dog neutered.

What made you think he was sterile?

glasslass
May 14th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Vitamins are as important to pregnant dogs as prenatal vitamins are for pregnant, human moms. The puppies need the nutrition to develop properly. They will pull nutrients from the mom and she is so young herself and still developing. Please do consult with your vet as Lucky Rescue has suggested.

Prin
May 15th, 2006, 01:22 AM
pregnant? :sad:
Yep. :sad:

Poor baby is still a baby. I hope her body can take it.:(