Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitty behavior

suellen
May 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM
:pawprint: I'm just curious, Has anyone heard of a cat who constantly licks? Not herself but me. My face, nose and mouth area. I'm thinking it's an attention thing but I want to make sure she isn't doing this for a reason I don't know. "Digger" is a new kitten, about 8 weeks old and extremely affectionate.She is smart (she recognized the spray bottle after only 1 1/2 days now I just point it at her. I don't even have to use it) and she likes to always be on me. If I'm sitting down she will come to sit in my lap, when I go to bed she crawls up on my shoulder and goes to sleep there. I'm hoping that this is all natural, we both seem to bask in the attention, but I would like to know if there is a reason behind this.:fingerscr

Maxine
May 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Suellen! I would love to see a picture of your kitty! I have two cats (they are sisters) and they have a completely different attitude. One of them is just like yours :D She loves attention and beg for it, always licking my nose and even my eyelids when I sleep, and there is nothing wrong with her... Just enjoy it, I think it is because she really loves you :p

cpietra16
May 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Maxine...Funny you say that. I have 2 sisters and one of them is always , always licking the skin off me. There are mornings that I wake up feeling like I just had someone exfoliate and sand my face :p oh yah...I did , my personal beautician...Kirby

Kerrye
May 15th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Hi
My daughter has a cat named Charlotte - she constantly licks everyone - even the vet. I don't know if its nerves but otherwise she is a great little kitty.

suellen
May 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
:thumbs up Thanks a bunch for easing my mind. I'm sorry I can't post a picture of her, I don't have a web cam or scanner.