Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Steps in Canada?

earla
May 13th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Has anyone found a company that sells the foam dog steps in Canada?

All I can find on the web is US locations. I'd really like to buy in Canada.

I've checked a few stores in the Toronto area, but no luck. I'm specifically looking for the foam steps, not wood or metal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Earl

Swanky_Kitten
May 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Does it have to be from a store?..i've checked ebay canada, there are some that are in the states but will ship to canada. I hope it helps :fingerscr

mafiaprincess
May 13th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Does it have to be a canadian site? In googling I can find american ones that ship to canada, unlike when I wanted an agility tunnel and 90% of the online stores wouldn't ship here.

kaytris
May 13th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I've seen instructions online on how to make your own foam steps.. it was fairly easy and inexpensive... I'm trying to track down the URL

here you go: http://www.geocities.com/egt1960/steps.html?982036475460

SnowDancer
May 13th, 2006, 07:49 PM
There was a booth selling them at Woofstock in Toronto last year so there must be a Cdn. supplier. Woofstock is being held again in I believe June - perhaps company will be there.

mummummum
May 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Geez - what a great idea. Do you remember how much they were selling them for at Woofstock SnowDancer ? I seem to recall there is a place that sells high density foam on Kennedy...if the ready-mades are too dear I might try on my own. What a great idea - so much easier than moving around heavy, cumbersome wood/metal steps!

SnowDancer
May 14th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry, I don't recall the exact price, but I know they were not cheap. I probably would have looked a little more closely had my mini Dachshund still been with us, but we now have an Eskimo. I looked at the steps because I try to limit my Eskie's window access due to barking at everything, but he does stand at the kitchen window on his tippy toes watching for my husband at night. It would be helpful if he had something he could sit on - comfortably and with some give - that he wouldn't fall from. My problem with the foam was that I could have just imagined him sitting there and deciding how tasty the foam was. Same problem with getting say a hassock - eating it. And the window is next to the stove - guess he could "help" with dinner. I would check the place on Kennedy just to see what they may have. You might well be able to make something if you are handy. At some point I expect steps might be readily available through PetSmart etc. as ramps are now due to so many tiny dogs - in my Dachshund days not so easy to get.

mummummum
May 14th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks muchly for the info - I'll price the foam and some heavy denim. No more hauling 100++ lb Ceili onto the bed - yay !

SnowDancer
May 15th, 2006, 12:51 PM
What about a ramp for getting into bed? Of course you have to train dog to use it and dogs can be so suspicious. Hope you find something that works for you.

pointerfan
May 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Linens & Things in Ajax sell foam steps. They are $39.99 & suitable for a medium sized dog. I though about purchasing them for my beagle but they're really for indoor use. Hayley needs help climbing into the car but is able to get her front end in OK, I just hoist her up onto the seat.