Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

FOUND: Rottweiler, Decarie Square, Montreal

zentahna
May 13th, 2006, 08:34 AM
FOUND: Young Rottweiler
WHEN: Friday, May 12th, 2006, around 2:00pm

WHERE: Decarie Square, Montreal, Qc.

He's fairly young, estimated to be between 8mo, and a year and a half. Gentle, good-tempered and well-trained. Loves people, but dislikes other dogs (especially noisy ones). He was probably neutered in the past couple of months.

We're looking for his family, as we believe him to be sorely missed. He's super sweet. I'm trying to get a picture now, it'll be up in an hour or so, I guess.

zentahna
May 13th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Here he is, my roommate took this picture.

Lucky Rescue
May 13th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't post his picture, because then anyone could claim he's theirs.

Just say he's a Rottie, and let anyone calling you describe him, including sex, the recent neuter, size, any distinguishing markings, type and colour of collar (if any) etc.

You can also list him on the following site:
http://www.canadastrays.com/search/species.asp?prov=QC

Rottielover
May 13th, 2006, 05:32 PM
I wish you all the luck, and I am with Lucky, this breed will be welcomed by many young males, so ask the right questions....did you guys bring him to a vet to see if he is chipped ???

Lucky Rescue
May 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM
did you guys bring him to a vet to see if he is chipped ???

Good idea - he could be!:fingerscr

zentahna
May 13th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, we took him to get scanned, no luck there. We're very certain that he had an amazing owner, as he's impeccably trained. He's almost as well-behaved as some guide dogs I've met. He has some great quirks that we'll definitely ask questions about to anyone who claims him.

cpietra16
May 13th, 2006, 07:31 PM
does he have a reg # in his ear. Call the CKC if he does, They keep record of the tatoos. Believe me I know, I had to call them up, and let them know Harleys.... He may have it in his inner thigh too. I reccomend lots of treats to check that one out

zentahna
May 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I had a friend who used to own a Rottweiler look at him, and he checked for tattoos...we couldn't find any. At what age would you normally get one tattooed?

Rottielover
May 14th, 2006, 08:36 AM
the tatoo is done before they leave the breeders. I just called Harleys Breeder. She said by law a dog who is registered with the CKC MUST have a tatoo or a microchip before leaving. So this dog can not be tracked down through the CKC. He is a BYB dog.... I am so sorry, and I hope you find the owners soon. Rottweilers need their owners..

zentahna
May 14th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Very good news, I put up posters and the owner saw one and called! He just went back home now, it was so cute, the guy looked about to cry he was so happy. (And it was definitely the right guy, he mentioned some weird shaved pattern on his stomach that we had kept to ourselves). He's going to get him chipped immediately. Thanks, everyone, for all of the help! And all is well again. Yay!

jesse's mommy
May 15th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Wonderful news!!!!

Rottielover
May 15th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I am so happy you founfd the owners, I bet the dog was really happy to see his daddy. You guys did a great job