Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My son is ill, please help!

yourdiah
May 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I am a first time cat owner and have had my kitten since he was born. He is ten weeks old and he is ill. I just moved him away from his mother a few days ago. I'm not sure what to do or where the problem started. I need help on narrowing down possibilities with someone more knowlegable than me.

Three days ago I noticed some white crust on the corner of his right eye where normal tear drops would be and thought nothing of it. He was fine until this morning and I noticed his right eye wasn't quite lined up with the other one. I left the house four two and a half hours and when I came back his eye was swollen like he'd been in a boxing match or something. It's the upper eyelid but the normally white inner lid is now discollored and partially cosed. His left eye is watering a little but otherwise completely normal. I am really not sure what the cause is and how to treat it.

PLEASE HELP ME I CAN'T LOSE MY BABY!!!! HE IS MY SON!! And I would hate for him to lose his vision or something because mommy doesn't know what she's doing. Thank you ~ SKIGH

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Sorry your little guy is not doing so well - You should call your vet right of way - good luck and I hope the outcome is good for your fur baby.

mafiaprincess
May 12th, 2006, 07:43 PM
You don't need to narrow down what might be wrong, you need to get to the vet now and have them help you before it's too late. A bunch of people on the net can't help you because we aren't vets nor can we see your cat.

LM1313
May 12th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Please take your kitty to the vet! The third eyelid often appears when a cat is feeling unwell.

It could be a kitty cold, they're pretty common among young kittens, I think. My kitty Remy had one when he was eight weeks old and one of his eyes swelled so much he couldn't open it.

PLEASE go to the vet! Kittens are fragile and can die from kitty colds!! Your vet can help with advice and antibiotics, if that's what it is. Is your kitty still eating and drinking?

Prin
May 13th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Please don't waste time trying to diagnose your cat yourself- that's the vet's job... That's what you pay him/her for.

Good luck!

CyberKitten
May 14th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I agree with the others - this is not a time for an attempt at diagnosis yourself. Take him to your vet asap - he must have been alreaday if he is 10 weeks (for his 1st vaccinations) so I would call your vet asap.