Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Solid Gold - Quantity check-in

Esaunders
May 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Just need to run my pup's food quantities past you guys

I've gotten my english setter pup onto Solid Gold Hundchen-Flocken (puppy). He absolutely loves it, although he wasn't keen on the Wolf Cub/Wolf King.

He's:
- 6 months old, 42lbs as of May 5 which is pretty big for his age but still very lean. (ribs present under a thin layer of fat, probably just below a 3 on the body scale)
- on 1 - 1 1/4c of the food 3x/day (max 3 3/4 c total) plus OMH treats daily.
- exercise: either plays at the dog park 1+ hours 2x/day (morning/evening) or 1 hour + in the morning and 1.5 km walk in the evening.
- pretty well muscled and going through growth spurts

And he's ALWAYS hungry! Just wanted to check that doesn't look like I'm underfeeding him, The qtys seem correct as per the bag, but is he EVER food oriented. (ie into the garbage, into the cat food if he can etc...)

Prin
May 12th, 2006, 09:03 PM
The quantity on the bag is usually more than you need. If he's still growing, it's alright, but if you notice him getting pudgy, start to cut back. I think it's easier to keep a dog skinny from the start than to have to deal with it when they are adults... ;)

doggy lover
May 13th, 2006, 03:03 PM
I feed my 55lb Border Collie about 2 1\2 cups of that same food a day and he is in great shape, with a lovely coat.:)