Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

FYI - Global News doing special on puppy mills in Ontario on Monday at 6

Luvmypit
May 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Hey I saw a promo from Global news highlighting a story they are doing on puppy mills in Ontario. They ask do you know where that cute puppy you got from the store came from.... And why pet stores are not the best bet to buy a dog. I started hollaring at the TV at that point. My daughter came down saying whats the matter. lol . I was screaming well its about bloody time!

FINALLY!

Anyways please watch it on Monday at 6 on Global news!

chico2
May 12th, 2006, 03:53 PM
You beat me to it,I saw that too and was going to tell the Forum,but I had forgotten what station it was on,so thank's,I'll certainly be watching..
This is something that's loooong overdue,it's not only Quebec that has puppy-mills.
They said they are going to"expose some puppy-mills",that would be fantastic...:thumbs up

rainbow
May 13th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Well, I sure hope it's going to be broadcast nationally because B.C. has the same problem with them as well.:eek:

Frenchy
May 13th, 2006, 02:35 PM
The good thing is people are getting more and more aware about this.On a website for free ads,some of us post warnings instead of adds and for the last few weeks,I see more "adds" like these,people are getting involved,more people are speaking out.Keep it up people!I've been fostering a female from a puppy mill for the past 2 weeks,never had a real life,humain contact,never been in a house before.Happy to report she is now spayed,no more puppies for her!!And she gets loooots of loving here.:)

Ernie's Dad
May 14th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I'm glad that Global is doing this. Raising awareness will make hopefully make a difference, and stop the people from buying.

Everyone can do their part by continuing to write or email to the provincial government, and ask for better laws to protect animals.

You can email Monte Kwinter, the Ontario Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services who is responsible for animal welfare in Ontario, and ask him why Ontario has the weakest animal protection law in the country.

His email address is: mkwinter.mpp@liberal.ola.org make sure you include your name and mailing address, so that he must reply.

Frenchy
May 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Well,I watched it.Not too impressed.Sad to say but I hoped for something more gruesome.Something that everybody would talk about the next day...People need to be shocked to react today.Too much people still don't care about those things :sad:

chico2
May 16th, 2006, 06:47 AM
So did I and I went to bed,with the one mama dogs sad face,while she was nursing a bunch of pups,in my head,knowing she is treated like a baby-machine..never sees the light of day:sad:
I know we cannot say who they were,but I was shocked at seeing this particular religous group being involved with this cruel business.
I am pretty sure this was not the worst case,but bad enough for me.
Even more frustrating is the fact OSPCA can do nothing more than ask them to clean up the cages,which were full of feces(sp??)..
What a sad province we live in,when our government and people don't give a S**T about these poor creatures:sad:
I was always under the impression"Puppy-Mills"were against the law in Ontario...silly me!!!
However,the"special"continues tonight,where they will be showing the results of buying from pet-shops etc..