Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Important All Montreal Cat Rescues

poodletalk
May 12th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I can't find the original post, but a guy from a Montreal University, is going around to rescues wanting to adopt/foster their cats. This guy is up to no good, when a house inspection was done he wouldn't let the rescue inside his apartment and there was several cat carring cases in the garage.

An e-mail went around warning people about this guy, he went underground for awhile.

Well, he back, he's been contacting very large animal food chains asking them where he can get cats and kittens from. The food chain has been warned about him.

To all cat groups please be careful, when adopting and fostering out cats.

cpietra16
May 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I just got this this morning

BoxerRescueMTL
May 12th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I've printed out the posters and I'll be dropping them at my local dog/cat supply stores :( Sick.

meb999
May 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM
people suck. This guy'll just go to the pound and pick up a few cats, since they don't do any background research....grrrrr....
What was he doing with all those cats? Is he a horder?

poodletalk
May 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM
He will NEVER pay for a cat, he wants a free cats and kittens. We think he's either torturing them or sell them to labs.

meb999
May 12th, 2006, 02:43 PM
He will NEVER pay for a cat, he wants a free cats and kittens. We think he's either torturing them or sell them to labs.
ahhhhh! What a jack***. And to think of all the ads in the paper...'kittens free to good home' -- grrrr, makes me sick :mad: This is a world where it's sooo easy to get a free cat....:(

Lucky Rescue
May 12th, 2006, 03:18 PM
And people get angry when we tell them how bad it is to give away animals for free.:mad:

chico2
May 12th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I heard about this monster once before...poor innocent kitties who end up in his hands:sad:

cpietra16
May 12th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry White Wolf, i didn't realise it was slander...I just thought since every one is posting it all over shelters, stores, and at the SPCA....and the police is aware...:confused:

Frenchy
May 12th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Sometimes I reply to free giving pets add explaining what can happen to their pets...and sometimes they reply that I exagerate and not all people are bad (maybe not but there are more than we know) I've ask permission to mods from a free add site to put a post about the guy,still no answer from them,I guess they just don't care :mad: I hope that guy doesn't go on that website because they have about 5 (and more) adds per day for free cats/kitten.:mad:

White Wolf
May 12th, 2006, 10:12 PM
The man has not been charged with anything which makes posting accusations of his acts slander. Names and pictures of people suspected of crimes who have not been found guilty of anything cannot be posted on the open forum.

marko
May 13th, 2006, 12:24 PM
The man has not been charged with anything which makes posting accusations of his acts slander. Names and pictures of people suspected of crimes who have not been found guilty of anything cannot be posted on the open forum.

WW is absolutely right! (as usual)....and that definition of slander is bang on!

MEMBERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST THESE TYPES OF ACCUSATIONS AS PER THE RULES!

We can educate members on what to look for but we cannot slander anywhere on this forum.

thanks all
Marko
ADMIN

meb999
May 13th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Sorry White Wolf, i didn't realise it was slander...I just thought since every one is posting it all over shelters, stores, and at the SPCA....and the police is aware...:confused:

See if you post a picture and name of someone SUSPECTED of a crime at the SPCA and shelters YOU are responsible (and could, if the allegations are false be guilty of slander), whereas posting it here, the BOARD is responsible. That's why you can post anything in the 'physical' realm, but not on a forum like this ;)

Prin
May 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Yey Meb the lawyer! :D Too bad that our laws protect the guilty and not the victims.:rolleyes: :(

cpietra16
May 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks Meb . I appreciate the time and effort you took to explain it..:) ...well Prin you said it...now we know why the guilty usually have it easy to get away with their crimes:(

meb999
May 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks Meb . I appreciate the time and effort you took to explain it..:) ...

;) my pleasure

poodletalk
March 20th, 2007, 02:45 PM
This guy is back on the prowl again wanting free cats..especially pregnent cats and small dogs. Please becareful when allowing someone to foster a cat/dog.

Prin
March 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM
What a sicko. He should be institutionalized.:sad:

rainbow
March 20th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I agree. :sad:

If his name and picture can't be posted can his description be given by phone to as many shelters and rescues as possible? :fingerscr

badger
March 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Is this the guy on the Plateau (I know the name of the street) that Steri-Animal had a run-in with (and a sad ending)?
SPCA better watch out too - in case he decides to try fostering.
Sick.
I don't know why a description, as long as it is not too specific, would be grounds to sue.

rainbow
March 20th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I agree with that. I can't see why a description can't be printed in the newspapers and given to the shelters and rescues too. :shrug:

cpietra16
March 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Actually a saw his picture up in a few pet stores; they've been up for a few months without anyone pulling them down for liable..:shrug:

badger
March 20th, 2007, 08:24 PM
If you send me a copy, I'll post it around here.

Frenchy
March 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
But still, this guy can get so many free cats just by looking at kijiji or Lespac...:mad:

cpietra16
March 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Badger I pm'd you:)

coppperbelle
March 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Okay, I need to know who this person is. I get calls all the time from people who are interested in fostering. Today I got a call from a lady who lives on Mont Royal. Is that in the Plateau area?

Frenchy
March 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Coppperbelle, we (the rescue) did get an e-mail last year, with this guy's picture. Maybe someone still has it ?

cpietra16
March 20th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I have the poster, but I'm not allowed to post it here so you need to pm me your email so that I can..unless someoe has another idea:shrug:

Frenchy
March 20th, 2007, 09:37 PM
..unless someoe has another idea:shrug:

Yep, post the poster on kijiji :D

cpietra16
March 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
See if you post a picture and name of someone SUSPECTED of a crime at the SPCA and shelters YOU are responsible (and could, if the allegations are false be guilty of slander), whereas posting it here, the BOARD is responsible. That's why you can post anything in the 'physical' realm, but not on a forum like this ;)

:D that's why I won't:D Or I would have plastered the poster everywhere:thumbs up

rainbow
March 21st, 2007, 12:34 AM
If you can't show the poster then just give a description of the bastid.

badger
March 21st, 2007, 03:42 AM
On the other hand, if he sues, he would have to stand up in court and defend himself and that could be interesting.

cpietra16
March 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM
I emailed to some of you guys via internet...I want to post the description, but I don't want to be banned form the board either...I'm too addicted to the board, leaving will really put me over the edge:D If any mods are seeing this letme know if I can atleast put up the discription of the guy with only his initials...:D or maybe first name:D or maybe first initial and last name...:D just kidding...but this guy really needs to be put away....Dalmar ( the guy who ate his victims started with animals too:yuck: )

coppperbelle
March 21st, 2007, 07:21 PM
Coppperbelle, we (the rescue) did get an e-mail last year, with this guy's picture. Maybe someone still has it ?

I don't remember a picture. I do remember what he was doing though. Disgusting. If anyone has information about him, picture, name, where he lives, please let me know via e-mail.

Thanks

LInda

cpietra16
March 22nd, 2007, 07:34 AM
I was asked by some of you to send the poster that I have (w/picture) , but when I sent it on word pad the picture did not go thru. I did not retain your email out of respect so if you are one of those people who did get the poster w/o picture please email me again and I will resend out of publisher...which should include picture...thnx. By the way I am not computer savy....can you tell:D

chico2
March 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM
OMG,I cannot believe this monster is once again on the prawl,was he not caught the last time??
Then again,that of course does not mean much,after all the victims were only cats:sad:
Shelters might be vigilant in who they adopt to,but people who decide they want to get rid of a cute kitten who became a cat are happily going to hand over their animals,to anybody:sad:
I wish a picture of this man could be posted in the news...
Thank's to all of you for doing what you can to keep the kitties away from this sad excuse for a man!