Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Princess- found out breed

lilith_rizel
May 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I talked to my MIL about an hour ago. Princess is a Lhasa Apso. I read in the beed profiles that:

It has a bold temperament. It is wary and aloof of strangers. They tend to be a one person dog and do not change loyalties easily.

Any suggestions what might be best, for this breed specifically? The loyalty part I know is going to be the toughest part.

Also, I was wonderinf if this breed tends to be chewers... Just trying to Princess proof everything before she gets here. I wouldn't want all the girls' toys to be chewed up...

Also, what's a good brand of food for this breed at her age. She's a senior. Amount of excersise she needs each day? Treats? Toys? Also, do puppy pads actually work? DH and I want to try to get her going outdoors, but if it just isn't possible, we would like to have her either use a litter box, or a pee pad....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Oh, I'm not quiet sure about this, but I over heard something about cancer in a dog, while hubby and MIL were talking on the phone. Not sure if it is Princess or not. Could very well be one of MIL'd dogs too... but any advice on care for a pet that has cancer... Do they need any special ramps or anything, a special diet? Like I said, not completly sure if they were talking about Princess or not, as my MIL has 5 dogs of her own...

TIA!!

White Wolf
May 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Double post. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26695