Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How to switch from dry food to wet food?

LM1313
May 11th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I know how to switch from one dry food to another, but how do you switch from dry food to wet food? Also, if you serve different flavors of wet food (from the same brand), will it cause stomach upsets? I'd like to give my kitties variety so it doesn't get monotonous, but not if it means diahrrea.

~LM~

KarineB
May 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM
My cat (about 9 months old), gets a bit of wet food twice a day. He will eat anything fish and seafood flavoured. He doesn't like the chicken. That being said I always buy the same kind, but not the same flavour and he doesn't seem to have any trouble with it at all!

chico2
May 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I would mix some of the dry with canned in the beginning..
My 3 cats get a third of a small can twice a day,unfortunately they prefer Fancy Feast,the only kind they don't like is anything flaked or sliced,it has to be "pate"type,mixed with a bit of warm water.
They do however always have dry food for snacking.

rainbow
May 13th, 2006, 02:59 PM
My cats prefer dry to wet.:eek: I have a really hard time trying to get them to eat wet and I've tried many different brands. They don't like the sliced ones at all. They'll eat a little of the pate kinds but prefer a real cheapo one called Figaro tuna. Tuna is the only ingredient but I imagine it's whatever is swept up off the floor.:eek:

lpn169
May 14th, 2006, 04:24 AM
We give ours access to dry at all times, and also offer can daily. My Himmy is the worse...so picky. He likes sliced (but not the chicken), shredded, and prime filets. He will not eat the patty form or the flaked tuna. Also wants nothing to do with the cheap stuff...his fav is Friskies...prefers the senior formula can (lamb and rice).....what a spoiled brat!!!!