Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

May 28th - Shaggy Dog Strut!!

technodoll
May 11th, 2006, 11:42 AM
so who is joining us on Sunday May 28th?? it would be a great occasion to meet forum members, contribute to a good cause and have a fun day!

spcamontreal.com for infos!!

hopefully see many of you there! :crazy:

1. Q: Where is the event being held?
A: The event is being held at Parc Lafontaine, located at the corners of Sherbrooke St. and Papineau St

2. Q: What time is the event?
A: The walk begins at 11 am. However, registration opens at 9:00 am, giving "pawicipants" 2 hours to drop-off their pledges.

3. Q: Is the walk still occurring even if it rains?
A: Yes, the event is rain or shine.

4. Q: Do I have to register in advance?
A: It is not necessary to register in advance. However, you can avoid long line-ups the day of, if you register online at www.spcamontreal.com , and or drop-off your pledges at the SPCA office, located at 5215 Jean-Talon West, Montreal, QC on or before May 26th at midnight.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR ALL PRIZES, YOUR REGISTRATION MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE MAY 26TH AT MIDNIGHT.

5. Q: Is there a registration fee?

A: There is no registration fee. However, we encourage participants to raise money for the SPCA!

6. Q: What will the money be used for?
A: Hire more Animal Protection Officers to fight against animal abuse and the puppy mill industry.

7. Q: Where can drop-off our pledge forms in advance?
A: At the Canadian SPCA, located at 5215 Jean-Talon West, Montreal, QC.

8. Q: Do I have to join a team?
A: No, you can register as an individual "pawticipant".

9. Q: Can I donate money for the SPCA at the event?
A: Yes, you can give a donation at the SPCA tent.

10. Q:Will I get a tax receipt?
A: You will receive a tax receipt for a $10 donation or more. In order to be eligible for a tax receipt, you cannot receive any item or service in exchange, for example, a t-shirt or bracelet.

11. Q: Am I required to walk with a dog?
A: No, it is not necessary to walk with a dog.

12. Q: How much money donated goes directly to the benefit of the animals?
A: $0.89 of every dollars goes directly to benefiting the animals.

K9Friend
May 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm already in and raising funds! :D

susieqt
May 11th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Sorry I won't be there; I am going to the SPCA Monteregie's Dog Walk that is being held on the same day. Every penny of every dollar (not .89 like SPCA Montreal) goes towards helping the animals.

K9Friend
May 12th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Sorry I won't be there; I am going to the SPCA Monteregie's Dog Walk that is being held on the same day. Every penny of every dollar (not .89 like SPCA Montreal) goes towards helping the animals.

No need to put the Montreal SPCA down. :pawprint: :pawprint:

I've helped both SPCAs in the past and will continue to do so! :thumbs up

susieqt
May 12th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I wasn't putting them down; I just rather go the the one on the southshore as I live there...
I also like the fact about all the money raised will go to the animals. I guess the SPCA Montreal had to hire people to do their walk while the SPCA Monteregie is being held by volunteers. Sorry if I came across "putting them down", that wasn't my intention.

K9Friend
May 12th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I guess the SPCA Montreal had to hire people to do their walk while the SPCA Monteregie is being held by volunteers. Sorry if I came across "putting them down", that wasn't my intention.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hire people to walk'?:confused:
Walking to raise funds to hire more animal protection officers to fight against animal abuse and the puppy mill industry isn't such a bad thing, is it?

What is the Monteregie SPCA walk for?:)

susieqt
May 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM
K9Friend, I meant that they probably had to "hire" people to organize and put together the walk, not pay people to participate that day. I don't know if I am correct in this statement, but if .89 per dollar goes towards the SPCA, I am guessing the rest of the cash goes to a paid organisation. And, yes, it is a great thing if they do hire more staff to do inspections for puppy mills, etc.

The SPCA Monteregie's Dogwalk is, I believe, to raise funds just so they can keep operating their shelter on a day to day basis.

poodletalk
May 13th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I believe what Susieqt is trying to say is, correct me if I am wrong:

perhaps the SPCA Montreal hired proffesional fundraisers to organise their walk, that is why only.89 cents is going to the SPCA Montreal.

Where as, the SPCA Monteregie dogwalk is organised by volunteers that is why 100% of the proceeds go directly to the SPCA Monteregie.

susieqt
May 29th, 2006, 10:38 PM
So, did anyone go to either of these walks? It was a beautiful, but hot day!
I hope lots of money was raised!:thumbs up

technodoll
May 29th, 2006, 10:57 PM
we did, we did! and it was so freaking hot, and i got really lazy and didn't take a single photo (beating myself up over it now!), but the event was very well organized with lots of water stations, free poop bags, dogs for adoption participating in the walk, free cookies, t-shirts and bandanas if you gave a donation, etc. i don't know how many people & dogs participated but it was a LOT! didn't see any other akitas though :rolleyes:

dtbmnec
May 29th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Unfortunately too far away for me to get there....Wonder if the local SPCA is doing anything....

Maybe just to go for a visit...At the moment much too poor to actually donate but I promise I will later in life!

Megan