-->

American Idol - I can't believe it!

technodoll
May 10th, 2006, 09:15 PM
chris is gone - WTF??? :mad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Oh I shouldnt have read this I havent watched it I am three hours behind. :sad:

Chris was the best one - I thought for sure it would have been Catherine.

poodletalk
May 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Catherine should have been kicked out since she forgot her lyrics on her first song.

shannonRN
May 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Wow, that's a surprise. I watched the recording of the performances after work Tues night and thought for sure Katherine was gone...even though I liked her. Can't believe Chris went tonight, but it always gets hard to predict at this stage in the game. Huh!

lpn169
May 11th, 2006, 01:50 AM
:eek: may have to stop watching now ....well, i probably wont be able to resist, but this sucks....thought for sure Chris would win!!!, I was shocked (understatement) we voted too!!!

LibbyP
May 11th, 2006, 07:19 AM
:eek: like everyone else, I cannot believe it (and I think Chris couldn't believe it either) he was awesome, don't get me wrong I'm a huge Katherine fan but.... on Tues she sucked a** ,I thought for sure she was gone:eek:, WTF is Taylor still doing there:mad: ? Yes he's a great entertainer but come on ...

chico2
May 11th, 2006, 07:26 AM
That's it for me,no more AI,I loved hearing Chris,he has a fantastic voice,no matter what he sings,I was stunned when he got voted off:sad:
However,I bet he will still get a contract and will make it.
There is nobody left now,worth watching!!

marko
May 11th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Wow Chris got neutered, I missed last night's show.
Not to worry though, he'll be a multimillionaire within 6 months.

But onto Elliot. If you put a bathrobe on him and gave him a pipe, doesn't he remind you of Hugh Hefner? :crazy:

chico2
May 11th, 2006, 07:39 AM
:D :D that's funny...the problem I have with Eliot,he looks like it is a great effort for him to sing,like he's losing his breath..his mouth puckers and he gets all redfaced:D
Taylor is a wedding-singer..
Cath has a great voice,but limited in what she can sing..
I agree,Chris will have a great singing career,after the AI-summer concert-tour.

jiorji
May 11th, 2006, 08:33 AM
well I disagree. I'm happy Chris is gone, although I am shocked as I didn't think he'd get booted.

And he looked shocked, which shows how cocky he got about his talent. Well guess what Chris, always using other band's versions of an old song and saying that it's YOUR twist isn't a good thing to do.
When they were asked to do oldies and he'd always come on with a rock version, that's because other rock bands did that before! And the judges and people liked it thinking it was his idea. WRONG!

oh well... Would be funny if Taylor won the show:D

meggie1425
May 11th, 2006, 03:26 PM
and did you see his face when they said his name!? he looked pissed, shocked, and like he was trying not to cry all in one... Catherine shouldve gone for sure...

chico2
May 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
and with Cath gone,it would leave Taylor and Eliot,OMG!!:D

LianneCatherine
May 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I think everyone was shocked, including Katherine. She looked like she was going to throw up! I guess the "McPhans" did their voting duty.

I don't know if I want to watch anymore either, I thought sure Chris would at least be one of the top 2 :sad:. I agree, what is Taylor still doing there? He needs to go back to the karaoke bar.

I guess I'm for Elliot at this point. Bah!

technodoll
May 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
did you see this???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12748906/ :eek:

chico2
May 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
It would not surprise me if they screwed up:evil:
I am certainly no hard rock fan,but Chris can belt out anything.
I read he's already had offers to join groups,but he says he might go solo.

Jackie467
May 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I'm so upset about chris going. He was definatly the best of them all.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens so - maybe they will have to recount the votes - or vote again. :D

AliSam
May 12th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Unfortunately I missed both shows, but I have the results show on tape and haven't watched it yet. Even though I know the outcome (and am horribly disappointed),:( I am still going to watch it tomorrow and see for myself.

rainbow
May 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I never heard about the voting screw-up. Very interesting and I hope they have a re-vote because Chris should not have been the one to go.

jiorji
May 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
i doubt they'll revote or recount. Plus stop the pitty party, he's better off anyways. He's getting crazy publicity and Fuel has asked him to be their new frontman. so...he's better off than "american Idol winner" :evil:

so if he accepts to sign on with Fuel, he'll get more fame and more money than he'll ever make with his amercian idol label. Becaus Fuel is already pretty established

badger
May 13th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Although he should shut up about it already, for now. He's beginning to sound a bit vapid.

meggie1425
May 14th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Im excited to see american idol on Tuesday now, and praying there gonna say there was a screw up, and that Chris is still in the show:fingerscr

chico2
May 14th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I don't think that is going to happen,it would screw up their schedule..maybe Chris is better off this way,he can sign up with anyone he choses.
The top two winners of IA,will be under contract with AI and cannot do any deals with anyone else for a year(I think it is).Clay Aiken paid dearly to get out of it,but he's making money.
This happens a lot,I still remember cute Constantine from last year,loved him(shame on me,old woman!)

poodletalk
May 18th, 2006, 06:10 AM
I like Elliot, he seems like a very nice down to earth guy. Even though he was kicked out of American Idol, I am sure he has a very good career infront of him. Is his mother sick? Everytime I see her in the audience, she seems to be very fragile..

joeysmama
May 18th, 2006, 06:30 AM
It was Elliott? I was at a memorial service last night and I missed it. I liked him. I hope he does have a good career ahead of him.

So it's down to Taylor and Katherine? I'm giving a seminar on Tuesday night and just realized that it's AI. I'll probably be talking to an empty room. LOL !!

That's ok, I'll finish up and run home to watch.:)

chico2
May 18th, 2006, 06:52 AM
It's not that I do not like Eliot as a person,I am sure he's a nice young man,but would I buy his CD?Would he sell concert-tickets? No!
But I would say the same goes for Kat and Taylor..
I did not even watch it,I watched The Amazing Race and the "hippies"won the million.:thumbs up :thumbs up

Rottielover
May 18th, 2006, 09:41 AM
these are the worst 2 american idol finalist so far. I hate the show now. I will start watching canadian idol end of may if it dsoes not conflict with anything else

technodoll
May 18th, 2006, 09:50 AM
rottielover, you took the words right out of my mouth! that,s ok, i don't want them back, LOL! i totally forgot to watch the show this week and don't give a rat's arse anymore cuz the sizzle left the show a long time ago. Chris was the last straw. what a downer this year, pouah :yuck:

poodletalk
May 18th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I totally agree with you guys, I don't care who wins the big title "American Idol" this year. I am just waiting for Mandisa, Elliot and Chris to make it be bigtime stars and have their own CD'S

LianneCatherine
May 18th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I'm with you guys. I don't care at this point. I might not even watch the finale (that'll teach them! :p ).

I wanted Elliot to win based on his personality...since we obviously aren't treating this as a singing competition anymore with Taylor Hicks as one of the top 2! Give me a break! :eek:

rainbow
May 18th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Does anybody really care who wins now?:eek:

I haven't liked Taylor Hicks from the start but the show has been such a farce this year that I now actually hope he wins.:eek:

chico2
May 18th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I certainly don't and I think they know they have a dud on their hands.
Yesterday it was only shown on ch 24 and only 10 min on their regular channel,just enough for people to find out who got kicked off:D

AliSam
May 18th, 2006, 09:16 PM
I don't care which one of the 2 win. I think Katharine's success has gone to her head now. Taylor is just weird. The winner should have been Chris all along. I will probably watch part of it, but most likely not the whole finale.