Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beagle - St-Hubert

coppperbelle
May 10th, 2006, 09:45 PM
This afternoon at work I spotted a little beagle wandering around the school where I work. He almost stepped onto the street in front of a bus but changed his mind. I called him to me and he happily followed me into the school yard where I tied him up, gave him a bowl of water and called the SCDD to find out who the owner was. He was wearing a city license tag. They gave me the phone number and address of the owner and I tried calling all afternoon. At about 4:45 knowing that I was leaving for the day and not having reached the owner I called the SCDD back to ask them to pick up the dog. I have 3 large goldens at home and there is no way I could bring another dog home. The guy at the SCDD put me on hold and came back and said the owner was on his way to pick up the dog. There was a meeting at school tonight and the people there kept an eye out for him. At 9:00 they called me to say the poor little guy was still there. I finally was able to reach the people who were suppposedly the owners. They said they don't own a dog. I was going to drop this guy off in their yard at 5:00 but thought better of it. Good thing I didn't as the address is probably wrong also. One of the people from the meeting is taking him/her home and tomorrow I will deal with it.
If you know of anyone in St-Hubert who has lost a very friendly, slightly overweight beagle please put them in contact with me.

coppperbelle
May 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM
The owner has been located and both are back together again

Beaglemom
May 11th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Glad to hear a happy ending!

susieqt
May 11th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Thank God! It is nice to have happy endings for a change!

Boubou
May 11th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Thank goodness!! And please, never, ever send a dog to the SCDD, especially Beagles!

coppperbelle
May 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Believe me I know not to send a dog to the SCDD but I knew someone was looking for the dog based on the phone conversations I had had with them that day. I would have checked in the next day at the SCDD and the day after and the day after until I found the owner . I had 3 dogs at home, one who is in heat (a foster who went into heat the day after I got her) and could not bring a 4th home, it was a school where we are not suppose to have dogs etc..... The only other alternative was to set the dog off roaming again and there was no way I was going to do that.