Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Arthritis medication - Deracoxib

coppperbelle
May 10th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I am looking for informtion on this drug. Is there side effects and if so , what are they? Is it in the same group of drugs as Rimadyl?

free
May 10th, 2006, 05:48 PM
if you go to www,1800petmeds.com and click on dogs and arthritis and then deramaxx it will give you all the info on the med including side effects from it.

rainbow
May 10th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Copperbelle, Deracoxib and Rimadyl are both NSAIDs. There's information about Deracoxib at www.marvistavet.com/html/body_deracoxib.html

I read on another forum about Adequan. It is something newer and is getting good reviews. If you want to check it out there is some information at:
www.luitpold.com/canine/education/education.htm

Also, for something "alternative" www.doggonepain.com/

Prin
May 10th, 2006, 08:55 PM
They have a website just for Deramaxx... http://www.deramaxx.ca/
At the bottom, there's a link to the "full product information". :)

coppperbelle
May 11th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I guess I was looking more for testimonials than actual statistics put out by the company. I don't trust the companies information for obvious reasons. A friends lab was put on this a few days ago and already showing an improvement.

rainbow
May 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Copperbelle, please read the information posted in the General Forum "important Information" thread. If it were my dog I would be looking at using Adequan. Ontario Grey also posted some good info there with a link at the end.