Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Here lump on dog breast

Lirasmom
May 9th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Hi all, my baby Lira has a finger sized lump on her breast just found tonight. Is does not hurt her when I touch or rub on it. I will be taking her to the vet for a check-up, however I live in a town where there are none that I know of. Just moved here for a temporary amount of time. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had heard of that before. When I say finger-sized I mean in length and width it is pretty big. It's weird, it just came up today. I always check my dogs for anything unusual since we are staying in an area unknown to me. She is acting fine and eating, using the restroom so no problems there...Just curious was just looking on the internet to see if I could try to find out something tonight...I am really worried. Thank you for your help or advise.

Sonya

Shaykeija
May 10th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Sophie ha one of those lumps. it turned out to be just a fatty lump. They removed it when she was spayed. let us know what the vet says.

OntarioGreys
May 10th, 2006, 07:30 AM
It may be nothing at all or it could be a sign of cancer, best to have it looked at by a vet as soon as possible. Many types of cancers are very much survivable if caught early, 25 years ago this coming May 20th during a paps exam( at the time because of abnormal cells found I was going every 2 months) the doctor checking my abdomen found a grapesized cancerous fast growing tumor, 2 days later I was in the hospital having it removed, it was caught early and intact which spared the need for chemo or radiation treatment, and I have been cancer free since. So please do not put off having it checked out.

Milo_we _miss_U
May 10th, 2006, 10:09 AM
My dog Muffy also developed a lump on her breast. I took her in to see the vet. I was told it could be a tumor however I got a second opinion and I was told me that it could be a fatty lump. Try feeling it , I can move the lump on my dog's breast and she doesn't feel any pain also keep an eye on it to see if it growing. Did you dog have a litter of pups if so it could be MASTITIS which is an infection and can be cure with antibiotic. If you dog did have a litter and it is MASTITIS that lump is just a hard lump of dried up milk which is still considered an infection however not serious. Make sure to keep an eye onit and check to see if it's getting bigger. If it is growing you really should consult your vet. Take care

Twix04
May 10th, 2006, 02:49 PM
My Chihuahua Zoe developed some lumps like this when she was younger. They only hurt her if pressed on. I never ended up taking her to the vet and they eventually disappeared. I believe they came back again and then disappeared. Strange. She lives with my parents now so I have no idea if it has happened again. My sister chihuahua I believe had the same thing happen to her, and her also disappeared. I'm not sure what they were.

So, it may be nothing to worry about. Both dogs never showed signs of sickness or distress during those periods of time and are doing fine.

Lirasmom
May 10th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Thank you all for your replys...It is a scorpian bite, the vet said, we have antibotics for her, she still is showing no signs of pain or symptoms. I am glad we found out what is wrong. She is very happy and playful, so that is good.

Thanks again,
Sonya :D :pawprint: