Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Southern California

Elaine H
May 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Hello
What a great site for people to discuss their pets. I already got a laugh reading the report thing. I loved it. But I won't report any of you, because I don't know you!!! LOL
Anyway I have two GWP that are my babys after raising two other human babys, who can't seem to leave the house and make their own babys. So I still have four babys.
I have researched the internet for an answer to my GWP, his name is Yager, because of the chattering of his teeth, with little success, of many people knowing what it could be. So I will be taking him to the vet to get some blood work and xrays of his skull.
Wish me luck, he is only two years old, and his brother Blitz, needs to know that he will have him around for along time. They are both very close to each other laying on each other, as if they where still puppys.
I am retired and so is my husband, enjoying life. We are young retired people, so we have alot of years to share together.
I sew and Machine embroidery my heart out making tablecloths, quilts and anything I find interesting. My Husband does some woodworking in his spare time.
Thanks for letting me into your group. Elaine

OntarioGreys
May 10th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Hi there, glad to have you join us

I have researched the internet for an answer to my GWP, his name is Yager, because of the chattering of his teeth, with little success, of many people knowing what it could be.

Pay attention to when Yager chatters, it may be that it is not a health problem at all, possibly just a personality quirk. Quite a few greyhounds chatter it is a sign of happiness and excitement. My one greyhound Sunny is a chatterer, some examples of when he chatters, his bottom jaw will quiver and teeth will start clicking..... if I look at him he will chatter(he is happy I am paying attention to him) I am walking toward him with a treat( another happy moment) he sees a squirrel out the window( that will bring on big time chattering as it make him excited)

You can read about others that so the same http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=123190&hl=chattering

cpietra16
May 10th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Hi Elaine...and welcome...by the way you don't have to know anyone to report someone..:D

Elaine H
May 11th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I want to thank Ontariogreys for your reply to me, it was very interesting.
I also want to update you on Yaeger's condition, which seems to me is getting less and less. The chattering is not as intense as it was and he is not doing it as often. I don't know if it was the detox program that I ordered online to put him on or is the change in food to Eagle Pack duck and oatmeal. I would think both of the changes are working.
He seems to be happier and doesn't seem to have the itchies in his ears anymore.
Before when i rubbed his ears or pet him around the face he would instantly chatter, now it doesn't seem to brother him.
Usually at night when he was resting or sleeping he would start the chattering, but last night was the first night that he didn't do the intense chattering and today was almost a chatter free day. It may be allergies or yeast as he had it in both ears. I can't wait to see if this completely disapears given some more time. Thanks for your help I will update in a few weeks. Elaine

LibbyP
May 11th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Elaine H, glad to hear the chattering has almost stopped, OntarioGreys, what an awesome link, until E.H. I had thought my dog was the only one who chattered (Redtick Coonhound) I miss that so much:sad: