Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Cat

rwilkins
May 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM
:) Great news...the owner has been found and they are reunited. The owner found my notice at the Humane Society and picked up the cat yesterday. Turns out this little kitty is 18 years old!!!! We'll miss him but we are happy he's back where he belongs. Thanks for everyone's words of support. :party:

Found, Black and white LHD cat, May 7th. Looks like it's been homeless for a long time. Ottawa area.

cpietra16
May 9th, 2006, 04:34 PM
He almost looks like his leg is broken. He looks so skinny. Have you called the shelters to see if anyone lost a cat in the last few months....good luck. He sure looks like a sweetheart

rwilkins
May 9th, 2006, 04:37 PM
He (she?)seems to be walking okay, just a little weak from being so hungry. I've contacted the Humane society and they put him on file. We've been feeding him for a few days and he seems to be getting stronger. Thanks for your concern.

chico2
May 9th, 2006, 04:47 PM
RWilkins,OMG the poor little kitty is sooo skinny:sad: He must be starving,thank's for feeding him.
He will be a beautiful cat,once he recovers.
Do you keep him in the house???
I believe from the looks of him,had you not found him,he would have died from starvation,so please keep feeding him and give him water,the poor little guy,breaks my heart:sad:
If you cannot keep him,look for a no-kill shelter,I am sure someone from here can tell you where one is,just be patient...

rwilkins
May 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
We are continuing to feed him and he seems to be getting stronger. He's a very nice cat but unfortunately my husband is very allergic. I've agreed not to let him in the house but luckily the weather is nice and he should be okay outside for now. We are doing our best to find his owner or someone else who will be able to love him.

badger
May 10th, 2006, 01:28 AM
If you could shell out to have him vaccinated and neutered, you could then put up some posters around town and find him a home and charge a fee to recuperate your costs. Maybe a rescue would put him on their website as a courtesy.

When I lived in Ottawa, I found that common bulletin boards in government buildings were pretty useful for finding homes. Once I found a pure white cat, a skinny female, in my backyard (which was swarming with ferals) and put up a notice beginning 'My backyard is no place for a lady!'. She was quickly adopted (and by then was clearly pregnant, which luckily didn't matter to the woman who adopted her).

His sad story will tug at someone's heart, guaranteed. I recommend putting a nice bed on your deck or somewhere secluded in your yard so he begins to identify with you and hangs around. Thanks for taking care of him. Once he puts some weight on, he'll be a beauty.

BusterBoo
May 10th, 2006, 09:23 AM
what a cutie! We are looking for a cat to add to our family. I work in Ottawa, so please PM me if you don't find his/her owner.

KarineB
May 10th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Hey. I live in Ottawa and I remamber going into the convinience store by my house and there was a lost notice with a picture of a cat that looked a lot like this one. I am now at work but when I go home tonight I will see if it is still there. If it is how would I notify you?

rwilkins
May 10th, 2006, 10:00 PM
You can call me 521-6704. Thanks for your help.

chico2
May 11th, 2006, 08:09 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr that this little guy is the one missing:fingerscr :fingerscr

KarineB
May 11th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I got my hopes all up that I would find it. The poster was gone, it was there a couple of weeks ago. I looked everywhere in the neighborhood...but it was gone. The only thing that I remember was that the cat's name on the poster was "scrappy". I am sooo sorry. :sad:

chico2
May 11th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Thank's for trying,maybe rwilkins can post this kittie in the same spot you saw the lost-posters.
This skinny little guy,needs urgent care..:sad:

KarineB
May 11th, 2006, 09:45 AM
The posters were in the Parkdale/Tunny's pasture area if that helps. :fingerscr

rwilkins
May 11th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for all your kind words and trying to help. The cat is doing really well. He seems to be regaining strength. To Harley's mom: I can't seem to PM but I will take you up on your offer if no one comes forward in the next week. Keep an eye on this thread and I'll let you know. He (I think it's a he) has a really nice personality and is great with kids. I feel bad leaving him outside as he clearly wants to come in but that might be grounds for divorce.

Catwoman007
May 16th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Hi RWillins and Harley's mom: If you can find him a home, I wouldn't wait. I know you're taking great care of him, but having found two cats and having tried really hard for one month without finding the owner, I'd say go for it immediately. The first I kept, the second one I had the hardest time finding a home. Please consider giving him a loving home as as soon as possible. Just my thoughts...knowing he's outside and can get hurt. Thanks.

catsnatcher-CDN
May 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM
OMG!!!! What great news! Congrats!!!!!:angel:

BusterBoo
May 16th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I am so happy the owners found him!!!! My loss......but the owners must be doing somersaults! :)

Lucky Rescue
May 16th, 2006, 02:07 PM
what am I missing? Where does it say the owners claimed him?:confused:

KarineB
May 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
It says the owners found him in the updated first post!

I am so glad this turned out. I felt so hopeless when I could not find that poster....I am so glad that he is going home.

And what a handsome man for a kitten his age!! :D

Lucky Rescue
May 16th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Oh thanks! Wonderful news. 18 years old. His owner must be ecstatic.:)

Thanks for helping to get him home.:thumbs up

chico2
May 16th, 2006, 02:29 PM
That's the absolute best news for the day,I was soooo worried about him,thank's rwilkins:thumbs up without your help he might have died out there..
He's one lucky kitty!!!

badger
May 16th, 2006, 02:57 PM
That is WONDERFUL! Pretty tough old bag of bones, I'd say. Imagine the joy of that owner. Wish all lost kitties were so lucky...

Catwoman007
May 18th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Wonderful news! Sorry for not reading the updated post; I will try to have more faith in the future but I do think this is the exception. Anyhow, this is great!

cpietra16
May 18th, 2006, 11:16 AM
It gives me alittle more hope that some day someone will see my old posters and call me regarding my lost cat....somewhere in Canada:(
Misty I'm still searching and sending out posters...3 years later:fingerscr

chico2
May 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Aww CPietra,that's so sad,but you never know:sad: