Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from JD

Dano_61
May 9th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Hi
My name is Dan

I am a brand new cat owner, i have owned dogs before but never a cat. What a different world, i adopted a white beauty, 3 years old from a rescue , his name is JD. He was with 30 other cats and had a problem fitting in with the other cats, he is still scared of his surroundings and hides alot but when he does come out he is soooooooo affectiate.
This will take some getting use to i guess, he seems to be happy here.

Dan

jessi76
May 9th, 2006, 10:54 AM
welcome!

JD is indeed a striking kitty! congratulations on the new family member & thanks for adopting a kitty in need!

There are many wonderful cat owners here, who like you, were a first time cat owner at one time. Ask any questions you may have as you settle into kitty ownership... and do post more pics of JD!

Dano_61
May 9th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Well thank you Jessie

I am sure i will have questions, i will read some posts and may find my answers if not i will ask.

Dan

badger
May 9th, 2006, 11:39 AM
He is adorable. Butter wouldn't melt in that mouth!
Welcome to the board. Tons of information here, some of it conflicting. But the one common denominator is, we all love our pets.

Lucky Rescue
May 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Welcome. JD is so beautiful, and thank you for giving him a chance!:fingerscr

Just go slow with him and let HIM makes the moves. Time, patience and love rarely fail.

Dano_61
May 9th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks Lucky

I don't see it as giving him a chance, i feel privledge to have him in our home, they offer so much love. I will give him all the time he needs, i have seen improvement already, he is interacting and eating, i guess cats are different than dogs, they need more time to themselfs. He loves to be brushed :)

Dan

cpietra16
May 9th, 2006, 01:54 PM
What a face....he's adorable.