Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bowel problems

lissavaughn111
May 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM
My kitten.. only 2 weeks old.. eats fine and seems to be thriving.. however i noticed yesterday the the kitten has a foul smelling white mucous discharge coming from its behind i believe.. i checked the kitten out.. it appears to be healthy and is eating well.. and gave it a gentle towel bath to get rid of some of the stuff that had gotten on its fur... What could be causing this? I am worried about this and the health of my other kittens.. i took in two strays that ended up being pregnant and had their kittens within 2 wks of each other.. i am worried it may be something comtagious.. i scrubbed down the environment they are...Please give me some guidance.. should i just take it to the vet?

Beaglemom
May 9th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Thank you for taking in these stray cats. I think it is great that you are doing this.

I believe that you should have this kitten, the other kittens and the mom examined by a vet. The vet will be able to assess the kittens' health along with the mom and make sure that everything is good. Have you had the mommy cats checked out by a vet during the time that you've had them? If not, it would be a good idea to take in both families to the vet and have everyone looked at to be safe and make sure that everything is alright. Strays are exposed to many different things and are at a higher risk of contracting something that could be passed on to their kittens. It would be a good idea since who knows what the health of the moms' was like before they got pregnant. Please keep us updated.

Rajah06
May 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Hi Lissa-
Is your kitten using a litter box? If so, what kind of litter?

I have a 6week old w/ the same problem.