Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tattoo ideas

meggie1425
May 7th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Anyone have any cool tattoo ideas? I already have 2 and i plan on adding on to the one on my back, and getting another one on my hip... anyways i want to get something feminine and with a good meaning... and honestly, the internet sucks for trying to find good tattoo ideas!:rolleyes:
-Megan

Melei'sMom
May 7th, 2006, 10:57 PM
well I am designing a tattoo for myself, cause I figure if I have one it might as well be unique, and it is going to be a dragon and a lotus flower. The lotus will be a kinda nest with the dragon in it.

Had a friend who got a man to write her name in chinese then she had that tattooed on. looks great.

twodogsandacat
May 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Had a friend who got a man to write her name in chinese then she had that tattooed on. looks great.

With something as permanent as a tattoo I would get a second person to write the name in Chinese and then compare the two. ;)

meggie1425
May 7th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Ya i would definetly want a unique tattoo too... i think it would be cool to kind of take a bunch of ideas and make something different out of them. Like the one on my back, i also have a lotus but mine has a clock above it and i think im going to get the buddist mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" (hail the jewel in the lotus) writen underneath of it in Tibetan because i like the meaning of it. Im not Buddist or anything but hey, it goes good with a lotus flower!
Does anyone else find tattoos really addictive?!:D

jiorji
May 8th, 2006, 12:25 AM
sigh....why ask someone else to give you ideas what to put on YOUR body, that'll be there forever.

If you want something meaningful...think of what interests you or what you love and then think of it as a tattoo. The interenet is a bad place for tattoos. Do you want yours to be like everyone else's?? might as well go and pick some flash off the wall at the tattoo place.The tattoo artists look so thrilled when people do that hehehe

But the Mantra OM MANI PADME HUM is a good idea. I've debated getting that myself, but, I think i'll sit this out for a while until I can decide on what I want. I want to get something done that relates to my cats.

erykah1310
May 8th, 2006, 05:28 AM
The ones I want, this summer I am getting a dragon fly on my lower back(instead of the traditional designs) and well since highschool I have wanted a 4 leaf clover on my pubic bone ( he who finds it gets lucky) but I have kinda grown outta that one!! However I still may just cause!!!!
And on my ancle I want a Firebird symbol, to symbalize my first ever car!!!!
I could never suggest what YOU should put, but I do agree that the internet really sucks for ideas!!!!

meggie1425
May 8th, 2006, 06:53 AM
sigh....why ask someone else to give you ideas what to put on YOUR body, that'll be there forever.

Thats why i said i like taking a bunch of ideas and finding something cool to take out from each one to make something different. (for example my lotus which is a pretty common tattoo, but mine has a clock sitting in it, and i hand drew everything for it. The tattoo artist didnt redraw it or anything, he just tattooed it how it was, so i know no one else is going to have it.) Trust me, i would NEVER get a tattoo just because i thought it was cool or i liked someone elses. I wouldnt want something thats like someone elses, and i would only get a tattoo with a good menaing because 10 years down the road, even if i dont like the tattoo for some reason, i'll still remember what it meant to me.;)

BMDLuver
May 8th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Designed this one for Valentine's day.. 14th year of marriage and 14th of February so we marked it with something permanent. Not the best photo but took it myself and not in an easy spot to get at. ;)

Dog Mom
May 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM
here is my newest one.....not done yet but it'll be pink and purple. It's really red because the picture was taken about 5 seconds after the final wipe

HunterXHunter
May 8th, 2006, 11:03 AM
well since highschool I have wanted a 4 leaf clover on my pubic bone ( he who finds it gets lucky)

THAT sounds like a cool idea

I've always wanted some meaningful incantations/bible verse tatooed as a band around my arm...either that or a "bullet hole" on my chest where my heart would be

meggie1425
May 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Beautiful tattoo guys, BMDLuver i know what you mean... it took me about 20tries just to get a decent picture of my back tattoo... heres my "free bird" tattoo(on my ribs), i'll try to post a picture of my other one but im not sure how since it was taken form a different camera!

papillonmama
May 8th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Nice tats all....

I know we talked about this before, and I didn't fess up, but I have one too, mine is a crown over my heart, with three peaks, one for each of my kids, Hubby is king of my heart, and well... I'm the queen.
For me it has a lot of meaning.

I don't have a pic of my hubby's his is some tribal work and worked into it is his astrological sign, water, and his older tattoo, which is not something that he really regrets, but he grew up and changed it to more of what he is now as opposed to what he was then. He has another with his children's initials on his other arm.

I don't have any suggestions, only that you think of something that has meaning to you. I've always liked tattoos that have a kind of secret meaning.

Edit: Just wanted to add an idea I had for a tat that I still want to get sometime in the future, I draw and I have two charachters I like a little angel and a little devil, I'm going to put them on either shoulder, a kind of visible conscience (sp).

Skryker
May 8th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Mine actually did come from the tattoo artist's book of designs (one of them) after I looked for about an hour. But he modified it and coloured it more as he was doing it. I don't have a picture of it, but it's above my right ankle, and it's an arctic tern flying in front of a sun, over waves. It's unfortunately faded over the last 17 years and needs recoloured (the yellow and white ink), but I still love it.

It just resonated for me when I saw it. A friend called it the mellowest tattoo he's ever seen! :D

jjgeonerd
May 9th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Anyone have any cool tattoo ideas? I already have 2 and i plan on adding on to the one on my back, and getting another one on my hip... anyways i want to get something feminine and with a good meaning... and honestly, the internet sucks for trying to find good tattoo ideas!:rolleyes:
-Megan

You could try researching traditional japanese tattoo meanings. There's a lot of pretty cool meaning behind different creatures...plus the japanese style looks really nice (IMO ofcourse). I know the frog stands for something cool, but I can't remember what. :p The stuff I do know isn't very feminine (japanese demons and such). Then you just have to find an artist that is good at that style. Good luck. :thumbs up

SarahLynn123
May 9th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Here is my boyfriends latest one. He still had one sitting left to finish it off when this picture was taken, but its about 80% coplete in this picture. It's also the the day after so it's covered in cream. I dont have any pics of his other ones.

SarahLynn123
May 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM
another picture of the same tattoo

happycats
May 9th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I always said if I got a tattoo, I would get my sons baby handprint over my heart:) :love:

BMDLuver
May 9th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I always said if I got a tattoo, I would get my sons baby handprint over my heart:) :love:
k... now I need a kleenex! That is so amazing!

happycats
May 9th, 2006, 04:17 PM
k... now I need a kleenex! That is so amazing!

Thanks BMD ;) :D One day I'll do it.