Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bloody Stool

cecistar
May 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I resently changed my dog's diet from dry lamb and rice to wet lab and veggies.
The last two days since the change, she has has runny stool. Worse than any diarrhea I have ever had. Then last night I noticed some blood at the end of the stool. But she is acting completely normal. Plays, eats, drinks, everything.
It is obvious to me that her dry food need to be reintroduced, but I'm wondering if the wet food is the cause for the blood? Might there be an underlying cause? Or is my Pika's body just not agreeing with the new food?

let me know what you think. :grouphug:
Thanks

-Pika's Mommy

jesse's mommy
May 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Have you gone to a vet? What did they say? Did you take a stool sample? Blood in stool can be a very bad thing.

Beaglemom
May 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Please take your dog to the vet if you have not already done so. Did you change her food over gradually or was it a sudden change? Food should always be changed gradually as to prevent upset tummies and diarrhea. Blood in her stool is not good, she needs to be seen by a vet and this needs to be rectified asap. She may even become dehydrated very quickly.

rainbow
May 7th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Feeding wet food is not going to cause blood in the stool. Blood in the stool is very serious so please take your dog to the vet and let us know the results.:pawprint: