Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cats eyes unevenly dilated

markfheil
May 7th, 2006, 10:30 AM
For about a year now my cats has had unevenly dilated eyes. Its not that one is dilating and the other isn't, they both dilate to different degrees. Even in very low light you can see that one is still more dilated than the other. Other than looking weird she doesn't seem to have any other problems behaviorily, she's eating normally, etc. I thought maybe she lost sight in one of the eyes, but when I cover one eye, she still follows my finger with the other. I guess the worst case would be a brain tumor, or maybe a brain injury from hitting her head? She is 13 years old and has a hard time jumping up on things and doesn't even try to jump up to tables or countertops anymore. Perhaps she had a bad fall while attempting this and hit her head.

Mark

jesse's mommy
May 7th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Have you been to the vet? What did they say?

Prin
May 7th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I agree that it could be a head trauma, but I don't think because of her age you should just let it go. She might have some years left in her if you get her checked out.

rainbow
May 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
You definitely need to take your cat to the vet for a checkup. Please let us know the results.:pawprint: