Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Milo, we'll meet at Rainbow Bridge my baby boy

Milo_we _miss_U
May 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM
It is six weeks later and I finally receive a message on my answering machine telling me to call the city pound that they had a dog with a tag that was traced back to me being the owner. As soon as I listen to the message I immediately called boy was I excited but excitement turn to horror the instant I heard that Milo was picked up DOA. I broke down as the lady on the phone was telling me how it had happened and where he was found. Milo was struck by a car and left at the side of the road. I can't begin to tell you how I feel right now. My poor baby boy out there all alone wondering and searching for home. Milo ran away while we were in Toronto visiting family members.
The day Milo ran away (March 25th) we left him along with his sister Patches at my aunts house while we went out to do some shopping. On our way back we called my cousin in law asking him to put the dogs in one room because we were heading back to the house. He put all the other dogs in the room except my Milo. As soon as the front door was opened Milo ran out of the house and down the street. My aunt had just bought that home and this was Milo's first visit. Milo is very attached to me and I know he thought that I was leaving him there forever. He didn't know that I was coming back for him.
I still remember my husband and I searching for 8 hours straight in the freezing rain calling his name. We went back every weekend staying over night for three days sometimes I stayed a bit longer. We had posted hundred of flyers every weekend. Milo was found 15 miles away from where he ran away. He followed the river just like I had thought and I feel like it's all my fault because I had search everywhere and all the surrounding neighborhoods except the end of that river. I feel as if I failed him.
On May 3rd both my husband and I went to the pound to ID his body. We were both in tears when the man took a black garbage bag out of a big freezer. I was in tears when he opened it and inside was my baby boy. He was dirty and his hair had grown much longer. He had blood stains around his mouth and his nose. His body was whole and there wasn't any damage done to the outside of his body only internal damage/ haemorrhaging.
The man told us to take our time at which point my husband and I cried our hearts out. We patted his head and rubbed his back. My new friend Deborah who works there brought in a pair of scissors. She told me that I could take a piece of his hair. I took the piece that I usually tie with a bow.
This has been the longest 6 weeks of our lives and we have some closure but healing is far from near.
Miles will be cremated and his ashes will remain with us forever.
Milo March11, 2004 - May 2, 2006
24 months is not long enough to spend with your best friend, your family and most of all your baby

I would like to thank everyone who cared about Miles

jesse's mommy
May 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I was praying that you would be reunited with him and hear a happy ending. RIP Milo. Run free at the bridge little angel. :angel:

technodoll
May 6th, 2006, 09:50 PM
your post brought tears to my eyes and my heart swells for all of you, the love and the pain you feel for Milo's passing to the rainbow bridge flows beyond mere words on a screen... i did not know Milo but I feel as I if did. May he rest in peace, sweet angel.
:sorry:

Lucky Rescue
May 6th, 2006, 09:50 PM
OH, that is the worst. I am so very, very sorry for this horrible loss.:sad:

cpietra16
May 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. . RIP Milo

Toonces
May 7th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I am so sorry for you loss of Milo:grouphug:

chico2
May 7th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Oh no:sad: what a terrible tragedy..I don't know what to say,except I am very sorry:pawprint:

Frenchy
May 7th, 2006, 08:51 AM
What a terrible news.I'm so sorry :sad:

phoenix
May 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Picture little Milo playing at the bridge happily now. So sorry for your loss.

cpietra16
May 7th, 2006, 10:17 AM
I don't think you failed Milo. Things are just meant to be sometimes. We just don't know why. Milo is in a great place now running and playing with all his buddies.

BusterBoo
May 7th, 2006, 11:32 AM
:sorry:

God speed sweet Milo - you are whole again at the Bridge

:sad:

Coopersmum
May 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I am so very very sorry. Reading your post not only brought tears to my eyes, but I actually had to wait a moment to compose myself b4 writing this. I can only imagine how you must feel, and I wish you strength in coping with it.
Know that you did everything you could have to help bring him home to you, but the universe simply had bigger things for him.

Shaykeija
May 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
:sorry: Milo you were so loved. Race to the bridge baby :pawprint: :pawprint: :sad:

coppperbelle
May 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
What a horrible nightmare you have been through. I am so sorry for both you and your husband. Take care.

Linda

doggy lover
May 7th, 2006, 08:14 PM
So sorry for this terrible loss, it must have been awful for you both. At least you know what happened to him, I think not knowing would be very hard. My thoughts are with you.:angel:

Prin
May 8th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. How devastating. :sad: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: