Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What are your neighbours like?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 6th, 2006, 02:45 PM
:( How are the people in your neighborhood for the most part mine are kind of snobby for lack of a better word - I would say there are three or four families in my block that I actually like.

One family- no one ever says they walk or drive by look straight ahead and just keep going - this dad is a soccer coach and the mom is on the parent council at school - but they never talk to anyone - their kids are the same way too - the other day my youngest son said hi to one of their kids that is in my neighborhood son class - the kid basically ignored my son - then my son asks why he never says hi - last year I actually helped them load a huge pile of dirt into their backyard - wheel barrow by wheelbarrow . Recently when we were unloading our hot- tub we asked them to help us - they looked at like we were from mars - like how dare you. At the time he had invited his soccer team over - we were like great they can all help. We ended up getting some help from some younger single people that live in the house on the corner - they were wonderful and helped out - hubby bought them a few cases of beer plus gift certificates to his pub that he manages.

Another one my older son has made friends with a boy in the neighborhood and they have been spending quite a bit of time together. One day I walked over to his house to get my son - the grandparents were super friendly and the mom popped her head out and nodded and went back inside - another day he was at our house and the mom phoned and said - send him home please. You think she would at least try to make some conversation seeing how are kids have become friends.

Anyho just a rant I guess how are the people in our neighborhood.

chico2
May 6th, 2006, 03:45 PM
When we first moved in to our house,neighbors came by with food and stuff,to welcome us to the neighborhood(just like in the movies:D)but that's about 31 yrs ago,it's different today.
We all helped each other,I must have had 20 people here when we put in our first pool,lots of beer hot-dogs and hamburgers.Our kids were all about the same age and we had a great time.
Today,I don't know many people here,just Baileys owners,even them I don't know that well,I know however where most of the cats and dogs live,so I can keep an eye on them:p
At my age right now,I really am not up to,sitting around chatting with neighbors too much,so it suits me just fine..
Young people today,like Baileys owners are just too stressed out and busy,between work,soccer,baseball,hockey etc for their kids,they don't simply have time:mad:

erykah1310
May 6th, 2006, 04:17 PM
For the most part i have no complaints on my "neighbours" more like 1/4 mile neighbours but none the less. The "block" of neighbors on the corner are great, we all join in on everyone elses fires and its a drop by as you please kind of environment. Down the road a ways in the opposite direction its the same scenerio. I like it, HOWEVER my actual direct neighbours are kinda moody, nice once and a while but keep to themselves for the most part, not once has a complaint been made about my dogs, our music ( dj loud) or our "gatherings" with fires.
Im happy where i am because its almost like a camp environment! but at the same time we all respect eachother and are not ALWAYS in each others faces!

Prin
May 6th, 2006, 04:30 PM
My neighbors are nice but private. Everybody on our street is unable to rent, IMO, so they come here to the cheap houses. I mean, they all have kids or dogs, so renting would be hard (landlords here don't like kids and dogs). But because we all come from apartments, I think we all value the silence and privacy that owning a (small) home brings. I've found a few dogs roaming around and most of the owners are glad to have them back and have been really nice about it and return the favor when Boo decides to go on an adventure.

All in all, it's a quiet neighborhood full of nice quiet people.;)

AliSam
May 7th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Our neighbours are awesome. We know a great many of them by name. We are all very helpful to one another and look out for each other. In fact, the couple that used to live right next door have become two of our very best friends. Everybody who moves says they wish they didn't have to leave the neighbours.

Brat
May 7th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I live in a small apartment complex of 6 units. 3 out of 5 families are friendly. One is a total ******* (excuse my french) and has had a problem with my dog since day ONE. It's been an ongoing battle since the day we moved in. Between him and I, him and the landlord, me and the landlord... ughhhhhhh...
Anyways, the other family is just very private. Says hi and not more. The rest of the area is weird and everyone just sort of keeps to themselves.

Ideally, I'd like to be in a house with a backyard for my dog. *Sigh* Saving up for that bit by bit...

Frenchy
May 7th, 2006, 07:47 AM
JECM;your neighbors sounds a bit snob and maybe they don't want to get close to neighbors by fear they will always pop up,say hi and have a coffee and not leave!My neighbors here are great because I don't see them,I don't hear them!But it's the kinda place if I would need anything,it's the kind of community were they would help.(lots of farmers or people that grew up here,I'm the newbie,the girl from the city!) neighbors are far or the closest to me has lots of tree separating our yards/houses.But when I lived in the residentiel place,I liked my neighbors but it was hard sometimes,I would go outside with the dogs in the morning and then they would talk and talk and talk,I just wanted to go back inside to eat breakfast!

meggie1425
May 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM
My street is filled with a bunch of kids who play hockey etc. RIGHT in the middle of the road and dont move when you try to drive by:mad: But besides that, cant complain about most of them... they keep their lawns looking nice:D

Melei'sMom
May 7th, 2006, 10:54 PM
We lived in a small town awhile ago and the neighbours were great, we still have get togethers with all our old neightbours.
Where we live now, I only now the names of a couple people and nobody is really friendly.
This small city has the slogan about small town atmosphere, but I can attest to the fact that this place is nothing like a small town!:(