Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it marking?

mafiaprincess
May 5th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Cider was spayed at 6 months. Been to the vet in the last month.. Had her urine checked cause I'm a paro mom.. No uti, crystals, or anything that they could find wrong with her..

She pees normally a few times in a day like a 'normal' dog.. but in the past few months when we go on walks, she has a goodly pee, and then proceeds to squat on 4-7 other lawns along our walk and do a super quick squat cause there can't be more than a drop or two to come out.

Is this marking?

Lissa
May 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
My last female dog was into marking - particularly as she matured! I'd never seen a female dog that was so territorial but she certainly proved that it was possible. My friend's beagle does the same - but she even tries to mark way up on an obstacle!:rolleyes:

les
May 5th, 2006, 05:44 PM
LOL Mine has started doing it too! She only started after I adopted a male .. I'm assuming she's trying to copy him since he likes to pee on every tree we pass! She also sometimes tries to lift her leg :eek: or just backs up really close to the target!

She always looks at me funny when she hears me chuckling at her ;)

mafiaprincess
May 5th, 2006, 05:54 PM
My ex's parents dog was the most dominant girl I've met. GSD.. like 7 years old.. If he whipped it out in the forest on a walk to pee, before he was even done she was getting in there to pee on top of it.

I was starting ot think there was something wrong with her.. people keep telling me girl's don't mark.. but I'm not sure what else it could be, you know?

Les, least if she had a brother, she'd maybe have an excuse, lol.

les
May 5th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I know a lady who lives near me who has a female lab mix with no other dog and she lifts her leg to mark on a regular basis. I thought it was really funny when she first told me ... before mine started doing it :p

Maybe it's actually more common then we think!! :)

mafiaprincess
May 5th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Well she's not lifting her leg like a boy, she's squating.. And with these potential 'marking sessions' she's squating and waddling maybe to make those few pee droplets go as far as possible, lol.

LMAO. Bad neighbourhood dogs influencing a poor innocent lil girl into marking, lol.

Prin
May 6th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah, marking. Jemma does it. Jemma's buddy at the dog park is a semi-leg lifter... She squats with one leg in the air..:rolleyes: :D

mummummum
May 6th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Bridie aka Queen of All She Surveys, marks like there's no tomorrow. We can be out and about for three hours and she'll STILL be Squatin' n' Squirtin'. :queen:

mafiaprincess
May 6th, 2006, 12:16 PM
LOL, well at least I know she isn't a full out freak. Though people are amused that my 23 pound cocker thinks she's top dog.. I'm not too amused when she trys to get on top of any other dog. It's not cute when you know what it means... Just think it's weird that out of the blue she's now decided to mark the grass every time we go out.