Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

naughty girl

LibbyP
May 5th, 2006, 09:36 AM
We have had our big girl for a year this May, and up until recently she has been awesome. When we go out they (Libby & Hoover) have free roam, I think they just sleep while we are out until now...:mad: we would come home to Barbie's head popped off all covered in slim, at first we thought it was kinda :crazy: but funny, our daughter would just say:eek: "Oh you naughty girl" . Then Barbie's body started to be dismembered nothing was ever missing just apart, Libby and Hoover have plenty of toys and special ones that they get filled with yummy stuff just for when we go out, it's not like Barbie is being left on the floor, she's up on the table or shelf or put away, Libby doesn't touch ANYTHING and I mean anything else in the whole house except our daughter's Barbies. So what's the deal? I can see if she was getting my things as I'm the one who takes her on outings, but this one has me stumped, I won't crate her as she is a big girl and to get a crate to fit in would take up half the living room, any suggestions would be great:thumbs up

Writing4Fun
May 5th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Oh, naughty girl! Maybe she's a tomboy and just hates Barbie? :p Or maybe she thinks she should be getting more attention from your daughter, and this seems to be working for her. My dog likes to shred napkins and paper, so my only option is to make sure there is nothing of importance laying around whenever we leave her home alone. She's a garbage raider, too, so all the bedroom & bathroom doors are shut and the basement is gated. Oh, and she's a major bread thief, so all loaves of bread are hidden at all times, even when we're home. :eek: Sometimes, you have no option but to adapt to the dog's lifestyle. ;)

LibbyP
May 5th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Writing4Fun I never thought of her as a tomboy at heart:D that's very funny, I forgot to add that the other night she did chew Barbie's foot off... it was very :crazy: to find it at the other end (if ya know what I mean) Our daughter is only 3yrs so she does the best job playing with her she can:)

Prin
May 5th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Maybe she wants your daughter to have a good body image? You know, protect her from the media stereotypes as long as she can? lol

Don't Barbies smell? I mean don't they perfume them? Maybe the kitty likes that smell or the smell of your daughter on the barbies?

rainbow
May 5th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Why don't you put Barbie in a closet when you go out?:D

pamha
May 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Barbies are one of our Lola`s (17 months now) favorite chew toys. Something about that combination of plastic & chewy hard rubber is irresistable. Luckily our daughter had/has way too many. We keep her room gated off most of the time because she has several doll houses and its just not practical for everything in them to be put away all the time. Anything your dog isn`t supposed to have needs to be kept out of reach whenever you can`t supervise.

LibbyP
May 6th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks so much, I agree with you pamha, she(my daughter) has way to many Barbie's, but I'll try the baby gate across her room, as putting it all away is impossible, my son can leave his toys everywhere and she (Libby) won't touch a single one:crazy: girl

BMDLuver
May 7th, 2006, 06:23 AM
We have many handless and legless barbies in our home.. oh, forgot the headless and legless My little ponies as well. Seems dogs have a preference for certain toys over others. I know my one dog prefers anything with fake hair.. he never touches the hair but the items become limbless. :eek:

So I guess it's a common target.

coppperbelle
May 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM
It use to be GI Joes in our house when Belle was a puppy. It may have something to do with the plastic but I think it also has to do with the smell of us on things like Barbies and remotes. Chloe use to hate remote controls and phones. She demolished many in her younger days. Maybe they realize that this plastic thing in our hands takes attention away from them so they think if the plastic thing gets destroyed they will get more attention.