Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello. My name is Coopersmum, and I am a pet lover.

Coopersmum
May 5th, 2006, 12:19 AM
HI there!
I am a lover animals and was very happy to find this forum! Cooper is my 2 yr. old Jack Russell. I also foster for a Jack Russell Rescue here in Ontario, so always have a foster JRT as well. ALso, I have three very patient and cuddly kitties.
I have decided I want to make my love of animals my career, and while I have tried many jobs working with animals, they oftern tend to be very upsetting and deal always in pain and suffering, so am interested in learning about doggy daycare/pet boarding kennels. (I can do my part for the "cause" on the side with the fostering...couldn't handle working in shelter or vets etc.!)
It's very hard to get any info from people who are already where I want to be: owning and operating a boarding facility. (or pet bed and breakfast as I like to think of it.) Being that anyone local may see someone like me as possible future competition, no one would be likely to hlep me learn the ropes and tell me how they got started....So that'sone reason I am here.

It's also nice to have a place where I can chat with other pet-lovers about all the things good and bad that out furry friends bring to life!

If anyone has any insight into the boarding or daycare world, and wants to share, I would love to hear it!:fingerscr
Whew! OKay, done now!
Coopersmum

mummummum
May 5th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Welcome ! We would love to see pix of your Cooper and his foster-sibling. We have a few Cooper's on pets.ca - it's going to be tough to keep all of you straight!

joeysmama
May 5th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I'm a Cooper mommy too. My screen name is Joey's mama because I joined these boards last year when we had our little Joey. Joey went to the bridge in November:sad:

Now we have Cooper who is wonderful--and wonderfully spoiled.

angie79
May 5th, 2006, 06:32 AM
me too I am coopers mom.... why didn't i think of that as a name!!!!

welcome to the board!!!

Angie