Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maine Eagles Nest

rainbow
May 4th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Now that we've lost our Hornby Island eaglets:sad: :sad: here's a link to a nest in Maine that I copied from the Infotec eagle forum....

Post subject: WATCH MAINE EAGLES - Three eaglets hatched mid-April

In addition to watching our Hornby Island eagle pair, I've also been following a pair of wild bald eagles in Maine, with the help of one of two live video cameras. The nest is farther away, and the camera looks across the nest rather than down into it, but the picture quality is excellent, the feed smooth, connection is reliable and easily accessible.

The eagles laid their first egg March 6, and THREE eaglets hatched the week of April 12. They are a delight to watch!

This site has an "eagle blog" written by three eagle biologists, updated weekly, more or less. It provides accurate, reliable information about what's happening with this eagle family.

In addition to the two live video streams, the site has a window with a current image of the nest which is refreshed every 30 seconds (taken from the live feed).

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SITE. The address:

http://briloon.org/ed/eagle/index.htm

REMINDER: The nest is in Maine, U.S.A., so keep that in mind if you want to watch the live feed. It's dark at night!!! No reruns of the daytime activity.

Luba
May 4th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks very much I'm going to go check it out right now!! :D

rainbow
May 5th, 2006, 02:53 PM
It's only available during Maine's daylight hours. Click on Video 2 for the live stream version which uses Windows Media Player. Video 1 is a clip that refreshes every 30 seconds.