Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Desperately Needed! Affordable vet

placid
May 4th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Hi all. I'm in desperate need of some sound feedback right now.

One of my dog's lipomas either burst, or she removed it herself! She now has a gaping hole in her back in that looks down-right scary at the moment.

Because she has had perfect health aside from this I've never had to experience the cost of surgeries, meds, etc. Right now I'm rather strapped for cash, so I need some feedback from everyone. Where in Toronto, or within an hour drive from T.O. can I find a good, affordable vet. Does anyone know of any vets that take payments????

Can anyone who's been through this, or something like this give me an idea as to what kind of costs we might be looking at????

Help! :sad:

Luba
May 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Do you not have a regular vet? Have you called them, you have to get this dog in to see a vet immediately!!! Why don't you use your own vet? If they know you they can arrange payment schedules as long as you haven't ripped them off before. Use a credit card.

Please take your dog 'today' this could be life threatening.

Blue Cross Animal Hospital on the Danforth is reasonable.

rainbow
May 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I agree. Most vets will make payment arrangements so please take her right away. Let us know the results.:fingerscr

rivers
May 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM
What about Guelph University? I heard they have a vet facility there run by students? Not sure though.