Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where do they sleep?

erykah1310
May 4th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I was just wondering where all your pets sleep?
Puppy has his own special elderly dog bed ( for his joints),
Meik is content on the carpet.
But Pampered Princess Kita insists on sleeping on the bed, not mine, but our spare twin bed in her own bedroom, she likes lots of pillows ( if there isnt enough she will gather some up from our room) To accomadate her we have changed the bedding ( for the guests too:crazy: ) When we do have company, Kita pouts and paces all nite! Its cute, she will try to sleep on her bed and slowly push the company off (its a rather funny sight) Her bed is COVERED with her stuffies ( which she hauls all over the house with her) and her food and water is in there too.
Anyone else go to such extremes to make your fur baby this comfy?? ( im sure there are some that have it better!):)

jessi76
May 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Tucker has a crate in our bedroom, with an old comforter folded in there, and an additional knitted blanket. When I say "bedtime!" he runs right up and into his crate. I leave the door to his crate open, and at some point during the night, he hops up onto our bed, and curls up in the bend of my legs.... I always wake up with Tucker snuggled in tight.

Rottielover
May 4th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Harley is my teddy bear at night, but he is only allowed on when I call him up, all the time. He likes to cuddle to fall asleep. As I said before not a typical rottweiler temperment

OntarioGreys
May 4th, 2006, 01:52 PM
It depends on the hour of the day and where I am at the time.

Sunny's spots are the couch, a dog bed in my bedroom or a comforter in the computer room, or sometimes stretched out on the floor, Maya sleeps in my bed, the dog bed in the livingroom, or a comforter in the computer room Nikki on the living room chair, floor in the bedroom , dog bed in the bedroom or airmattress in the computer room, ocassionally at the backdoor on the rug

Lise
May 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Tessa and Nell have a couch in the livingroom and Molly sleeps on the other couch there during the day.At night Tessa and Nell have beds next to me and Molly has crate with blanket.

Luvmypit
May 4th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Durng the day capone sleeps on any of the couchs, in my closet, on mine or daughters bed.
At night its mom and dads bed all the way. Often he goes to bed around 9 -11 pm and is under cover before we even get up there.

He usually sleeps close to the end of the bed right in between us, by the time I wake up hes usually occupying one of our pillows with his head and doggy breath in our faces. Wouldn't have it any other way... maybe just a breath mint.... but I am sure mine is just as bad in the morning... lol

mafiaprincess
May 4th, 2006, 04:29 PM
If I can't be home, or can't have Cider come from room to room with me she goes in her crate in the family room (which after a being ill poopy incident I had to throw the bed out of and she wants to eat the new one, so she's back to towels for bedding..)
When I'm home she sleeps on my bed, my carpet, couches, varying doggies beds in a bunch of rooms...

doggy lover
May 4th, 2006, 05:03 PM
At night I have found Tucker on the couch, but you normally find him in his bed\crate in the basement by morning. During the day when we are home he sleeps on his mat in the living room, under my bed, by the livingroom stairs and sometimes in his crate. When we are out he is in his crate.

rainbow
May 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM
The dogs have their blankets....one on one side of the bed and one on the other. The cats are on the bed usually on my legs. I toss and turn alot but they always end up back on my legs.

Bushfire2000
May 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Lacey sleeps in her crate or if allowed in the dirty clothes basket. Buster and Cocoa sleep on my sons' bed or in their crate, it's up to them. During the day they all sleep at or on my feet, under my chair or under the table or desk basically where ever I am. At night Mavis sleeps on the top of the tallest haystack unless it's raining then she's in her dog house.

Prin
May 4th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Wherever they please. They rotate during the night from the bed to the floor to the sofa to the other sofa to the floor to the bay window to the bed... all over.

My doggies have free reign on our home.:)

Jemma exerting her power...:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 4th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I am not supposed to be doing this but Joey usually makes his way into our bed at night - usually there is all five of us in the bed - gets pretty crowed, :eek: and lately he has taken to sleeping in my office downstairs where I work all day. Sometimes I get up and I freak out because I cant find him and hes made his way under the covers in the bed in my office. :D

AliSam
May 4th, 2006, 08:17 PM
This is where Sam is supposed to sleep.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/AliSam/Pets/BrendasParty008.jpg

.....but he always starts off and ends up in our bed.

lpn169
May 4th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Most of ours (all little ones by the way) sleep in our bed with us. Some are just too crazy and think the waterbed is a trampoline, so those have their own areas and blankets and sleep in pairs in their space. But the rest.....6-7 at any given time....sleep in my bed with me. Heated waterbed with a ramp made just for them so they can get in and out safely....we're such suckers!

pamha
May 4th, 2006, 11:11 PM
We have a waterbed too, and though Lola would love to sleep with us, I`m afraid of punctures from doggie claws or teeth (she`s very mouthy). She usually sleeps right next to our bed on hubby`s discarded clothes. Sometimes she`ll get in our son`s bed, but usually likes to be next to me. Daytimes she likes to lay under my feet. Our kitty sleeps with the daughter, her room is babygated to allow kitty safe space and protect her Barbies from Lola (Barbie arms & legs are a favorite snack). Maggie, our 14yo, sleeps on her bed next to my computer desk as she can`t get up the stairs to the bedrooms easily any more.

mom_to_many
May 5th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Rusty warms the bed for me..then heads to the chair when I go to bed
Bandit and BooBear start out on the bed..move to floor
Yoda behind my knees all night.
Depending on which cat is first..I usually have one in the crook of my arm..and one or two at the foot of the bed.
Very warm and cozy in the winter!:D

Prin
May 5th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Rusty warms the bed for me..then heads to the chair when I go to bed
I love it when Boo warms up the bed. Doesn't happen too often, but when he does it, he takes up most of the bed so the whole bed is warm.:)

jesse's mommy
May 5th, 2006, 05:40 AM
During the day Jesse sleeps in "her own bed", which is actually the spare bedroom. She sleeps and watches out the window waiting for us to come home. As for night time, she sleeps right in between Jim and I. And when she wants more room, she gets up, paws Jim to let him know she has to go out, waits for him to get to the back door and comes darting back into the bedroom putting her head on his pillow and sprawls out on his side of the bed. Jim gets so mad when she does this to him, but I think it's hysterical.

PetFriendly
May 5th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Charley starts under the bed, he'll move to his door-less crate if the cat hasn't claimed it (he's no longer guarding his crate or pen). Sometimes I'll bring him up into the bed as he can't jump up onto it on his own.
Otherwise he has beds in every other room and moves around between those.

erykah1310
May 5th, 2006, 12:16 PM
My Rottie Keira would sleep on the floor beside the bed until my boyfriend went to work ( usually got up at 3 am to get ready to go on monday mornings and wouldnt return until friday evening) One nite (on the weekend) he got up to go to the bathroom and Keira thought that meant he was going to work.... SO she climbed up on the bed with me, I could hear my boyfriend ( who was intimedated by Rottweilers and Keira knew this) saying "baby, babe, babe..." so i woke up and said what?
He was trying to come back to bed but Keira was "standing guard" on his side of the bed and wouldnt allow him to get back on!!!
I told her to return to her bed and she let out a sigh and got off reluctantly!!
It was funny, Keira never would have hurt him in a million years, but I guess to her he was supposed to be leaving!!
I miss my pretty gurl!!

Rottielover
May 5th, 2006, 12:22 PM
nope, keira was asserting dominance over your BF, she was saying this was mine. The second my rott would ever try that, it is back to floor, and must work for priveledges. I never had a problem yet

erykah1310
May 5th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I never had any problems with Keira other than that, and she had a fear of long haired men ( i was her 4th owner when she was only 8 months old :sad: )
and im threadjacking my own thread!!! LOL:crazy:

SchnauzerGirl
May 5th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Schultz likes to sleep with me at night and during the day he has his dog bed on the floor and free access to the couch. He generally starts sleeping on the couch and when it is time for bed, he follows me into the bedroom so that I can lift him up on the bed since it is too high for him to jump up on. I love waking up with Schultzy curled up in a ball beside me - he sometimes even steals the pillow on the other side of the bed.

Rick C
May 5th, 2006, 01:40 PM
During the day, Abby and Keeper are fond of leather couches in the living room.

During the evening, Abby & Keeper are "kennelled" in palatial quarters in an attached two car garage - which has no vehicles - where they have two large sofas and soft blankets on the floor . . . . the temperature is kept lower than the house for the snoozing comfort. We have a second two car garage - unattached - for our cars.

The four cats bunk wherever they want in the house and tend to move around in the evening, sleeping some of the time with us and other times downstairs on sofas, blankets, etc.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Copper'sMom
May 5th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Copper and Zoe sleep in our bed. Copper lays at the end of the bed(his choice) on my b/f's side - he should be on my side of the bed as I am much smaller than my b/f! And Zoe sleeps between us usually up by the pillows - she always snuggles in to us and lets out a big sigh. And if she gets cold, she'll wake us up grunting and poking her nose in our face to get under the blankets!! It is so freakin' cute!!!!!! And if Copper sleeps at Grandma's house, he'll sleep up on her pilllow under the covers!:( Why he doesn't do that here, I don't know - probably because he knows I'll maul him! And many, many times, myself or my b/f will get up in the night and go on the couch because we are too crowded!:eek: Spoiled brats!

BusterBoo
May 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
During the day Harley sleeps on his bed (shaped like a flattened monkey) and at night he starts on his bed (shaped like a flattened penguin). But once I go to bed he is on my side of the bed and if I sleep on my stomach, he sleeps between my knees. I don't mind, but it causes a bit of a problem (for Harley!!!!) when I turned over during the night :crazy:

Other than that....he sleeps wherever he wants - under the dining room table when it is too hot to be on carpet, or on the couch or during the day he goes beside the pool if we are around to supervise him.

He has always had the run of the house day and night!

glasslass
May 5th, 2006, 07:09 PM
During the hot summer, Den-Den's favorite spot to nap is on the bathroom floor next to the toilet. It's nice and cool.
At night, it's the bed right between hubby and me.

lpn169
May 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM
We have never had a puncture in our waterbed...we have the matress pad then the sheets and no probs, even with all the heavy traffic!

Stacer
May 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM
When our 2 cats were still small they used to sleep on the shelf in our headboard. Finn would have her body on the shelf and rest her head on my pillow, so cute. She used to have a nightly ritual, she would start out at our feet and attack them through the blankets, she would slowly walk up to our heads, then make her way under the blankets and curl up between us, she would stay there for 5 or 10 minutes then come out, and go to the headboard shelf. Now she sometimes sleeps on my legs, but mostly under the bed in a box. Angus sleeps on the radiator cover which is parallel to our bed, it's like he's guarding us while we sleep. As soon as we make a move towards the bedroom he runs and leaps across the bed to the rad cover, flops himself down and watches as we get ready for bed, then he falls asleep.

jawert1
May 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Simon and Peach have their beds on the floor of my bedroom which I drag in from the living room so that's where they sleep. During the day tho, they take over the living room futon so I always keep an old fitted sheet on there cuz Pointer hair gets in everything and never comes out :)

Melei'sMom
May 8th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Melei sleeps in her crate beside my bed with the door closed. She goes to bed at 11 and wakes at 7 each morning and is promptly let out and taken outside.

She is only just over 4 months old, so I don't trust her loose at night. She still has the occasional accident and isn't that great at letting me know during the day so crating her at night keeps us both happy:)

Shaykeija
May 8th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Sophie, Missie and Piper sleep in our bed. When Sophi snores too loud I bail and go sleep in the guest room.