Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Owner has proof dog not pit bull, authorites say it doesn't matter it looks like one

Luvmypit
May 4th, 2006, 09:40 AM
http://winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2006/05/03/1561914-sun.html

Check out this story. Its from Winnipeg where they have a full ban on the dogs whereas they cannot be in Winnipeg period.

This guy says he has proof that his dog is a Rottie/boxer cross but Winnipeg is saying that even though it stills fits the definition of pit bull.

This crap is seriously driving me nuts!

"And agency manager Tim Dack says even if Burnsey isn't a pit bull by specific definition, it "predominately meets the characteristics" of the breed as it's generally viewed by authorities in this country -- unlike in the United States. " WHAT THE ????

technodoll
May 4th, 2006, 09:44 AM
two words.... Communist State :(

cpietra16
May 4th, 2006, 10:10 AM
OMg....are they nuts. OOp's forgot, just another example of human stupidity, uninformed, insecure idiots.

KarineB
May 4th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I guess suddenly anything with 4 legs, a tail and fangs will be considered a pit bull.

It is to bad that it has to be this way. Just because something looks like something, does not mean it is something. Talk about a slippery slope!

erykah1310
May 4th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I saw that on the news, as soon as the picture of the dog came up immediately i saw my Kita gurl, (Rottie/Boxer) This is getting nuts, outta control if you may.
In Petsmart a few times I was told my dog needed a muzzle!!! BY THE STAFF!! I was furious! People see brindle coloring and POOF its a PITBULL!! :mad:
I wish this guy the best of luck with this! I am so afraid that someone pegs my Kita as a pit one day too.
I really feel for all Pit owners and enthusiests, this law is so stupid and out of control!

twodogsandacat
May 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Well they certainly have a good argument if a littermate was picked up and then released. As for Dack's comments regarding the breed, well it's why he's called Dack the Quack.

Remember this is the city where a dog had four violations and was finally destroyed because it's fifth violation was biting....an animal control officer.

So this one dog had a violation for biting (puncture wounds) and the littermate was picked up for running loose.

See how the one that looks like the pit bull bites but the one that doesn't look like a pit bull only runs loose, yet they are from the same litter. It's an uphill battle for sure but then again so many of the most famous battles have been uphill.

Bushfire2000
May 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Buster is a brindle Shih Tzu will he be next? Nuts! All nuts!

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
May 4th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I have a silver brindle Scottish Terrier. Alert the media, he's a pit bull. :rolleyes: BSL is just so stupid.

LM1313
May 5th, 2006, 08:13 AM
That's so stupid. "Well, it's not from any of the 'pit bull' breed, but we think it looks like a pit bull, so it IS." WTF?

Luvmypit
May 5th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Its crazy is what it is.

When did looking a certain become a crime? I mean honestly I cannot understand how people can really spew this nonsense and feel as if they are right and justified when it is clearly ludicris.

Dack is quack is right but I will go so far as to say Dack is whack and must be smoking crack.... jack.. sorry couldn't resist