Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help - Emaciated Boxer w/broken pelvis

BoxerRescueMTL
May 3rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16043.jpg

Please help Fergus if you can! And spread the word! For more info, you can visit our website http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com

meb999
May 3rd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Holy Crap Crystal, when you told me he was emaciated, you weren't kidding....Poor Fergus :sad:
Whoever did this to him should rot in Hell :mad:

He's got a beautifull face....I hope an angel will fall in love with him and give him the home he deserves.
:fingerscr :fingerscr

I've e-mailed the link to everyone I know...I told all my friends if they could donate just a dollar or two...If we can get lotsa people to do this, maybe we can save this little huney...

BoxerRescueMTL
May 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks Marie Eve! Every dollar counts :) When it rains it pours around here!! The good news is that he's just a baby and he has a whole life of happiness ahead of him.

meb999
May 3rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Hope you don't mind me posting another picture of this poor little guy...this really shows his condition :

Lucky Rescue
May 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
I hope whoever did this gets a particularly agonizing form of cancer and suffers for a very long time.

Is this baby going to make it? I would like to help.

BoxerRescueMTL
May 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hope you don't mind me posting another picture of this poor little guy..
Not at all! There also a video of him on our website's front page. I just spoke to the vet and I'm going to pick him up. Turns out the fracture is healed, has messed up his growth plates so his leg is shorter and the surgery will be to repair the damage. He will likely heal up to be just fine after. But he can't have the surgery till he gains some weight and he's strong enough. Sooo he is coming to Casa del Crystal, lol..

BoxerRescueMTL
May 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
I hope whoever did this gets a particularly agonizing form of cancer and suffers for a very long time.

Is this baby going to make it? I would like to help.

Cheers to that Lucky. Yes he should have a great chance at recovery with this surgery. For now he is in pain and on anti inflammatories to help. He needs bed rest and lots of food before he can have his surgery.

meb999
May 3rd, 2006, 06:30 PM
Sooo he is coming to Casa del Crystal, lol..
He couldn't find a better place to gain his strengh...he's lucky to have you :)

Luba
May 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
I haven't been able to respond until now, it has made me cry.
Let me get my hands on the incredibly hateful cruel jerkoff person/s that did this to this baby!

I am so sorry baby, so very sorry. Not every human is as what you have experienced.

Sending my love and prayers to you :grouphug:

Luba
May 3rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
Crystal I just looked at your website. Please tell me this baby isn't going to be vaccinated or neutered until he is well?

BMDLuver
May 3rd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Awwwwww, you named him Fergus! I still can't get over his pouty face... just wanted to keep hugging and kissing him.

Let me know about the surgery. Our vet may be able to do it much more cost effectively so if I can help Fergus, I'd be happy to do so.. he kind of broke my heart.

Thanks Crystal for saying yes. :grouphug:

meb999
May 3rd, 2006, 08:08 PM
Crystal I just looked at your website. Please tell me this baby isn't going to be vaccinated or neutered until he is well?
no, no.....he's going to be regaining his strengh at Crystal's. Poor little guy, at least he's got the best care while he's recovering from his ordeal....

Lucky Rescue
May 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Do you have a Pay Pal account? Lucky Rescue would like to help a little bit with this poor baby's costs.:(

mesaana
May 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Oh! Crystal! Poor baby! I haven't even read his story yet (I will in a second) but I'm willing to help too. Glad he's going to your place. I think there's an empty spot as of today, right? ;)

Lyne

meb999
May 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Do you have a Pay Pal account? Lucky Rescue would like to help a little bit with this poor baby's costs.:(
yeah, BRQ has paypal -- just click on 'make a donation' on their website (Fergus' page : http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/danburymint.cfm)

erykah1310
May 3rd, 2006, 10:18 PM
That is so sad, i truely hope he recovers well.
I dont like to see any dog that skinny but boxers rotts and dobies have a special place in my heart!!!

BoxerRescueMTL
May 3rd, 2006, 10:24 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!! Fergus is here and settling in. He's really, really stressed out but on his way to recovery. We are feeding him small meals frequently and he is gobbling them up. I'll post new photos as the days go on.
I think there's an empty spot as of today, right?
LOL! Yes - thank dawg Casper got adopted today (actually thank Lyne for doing the home visit in Ottawa!!). All went well with him and his new sis Riggs. So right on time, Fergus came to fill the empty spot!
I want to thank all of you for your support, well wishes and donations. We really appreciate all this kindness. Fergus says "Woof"..and woof....and woof...and woof...

BoxerRescueMTL
May 3rd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Let me know about the surgery. Our vet may be able to do it much more cost effectively so if I can help Fergus, I'd be happy to do so.. he kind of broke my heart.
I pm'd you :)

Luba
May 3rd, 2006, 10:34 PM
Please give him a kiss on the forehead from me and some mashed potato's with boiled chicken :D

God bless you Crystal :grouphug:

100%doglover
May 4th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Oh this poor little guy, it just breaks my heart.....

doggy lover
May 4th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Tears roll down my cheeks, what a way to start the day. It just makes me sick to see this, the poor darling only looks young too. I hope there is a god and one day this person must meet his maker.:sad:

Lucky Rescue
May 4th, 2006, 09:50 AM
yeah, BRQ has paypal

Thanks. I"m sorry it won't be a whole lot, but I hope it will add up. I just hope this dog will survive.

one day this person must meet his maker

Today, maybe?:fingerscr

BoxerRescueMTL
May 4th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks. I"m sorry it won't be a whole lot, but I hope it will add up. I just hope this dog will survive.
Thank you Lucky!!! You are so right - everything counts!!! It really means a lot - especially from another rescue when I know you need it too :) It is really appreciated.

BoxerRescueMTL
May 4th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Fergie will be ok!! - he is doing SO WELL today. It's amazing. He wants to play with all the toys, eat everything - he is good. And with the surgery he is supposed to have a good recovery. What happened was his pelvis was broken by a big trauma (car accident etc). It healed wrong and since he is still growing it affected his growth plates. Now one leg is shorter, and it is painful (but he has a painkiller so he's ok for that). The surgery will fix that and the vet says that he has a great chance at full recovery. He will be neutered at the same time. He can't have the surgery though until he gains weight and strength :love: . So apprx 2-3weeks from now if all continues to go well. He did have worms also.
I will take some photos of him today and another video of him playing in the sunshine. I'm going to go feed him meal #3 for today, lol. And then I'm going to make him some mashed potatoes and boiled chicken ;)

phoenix
May 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Oh boy, Fergus, has your ship come in!!
Thank god for people like you.

Lucky Rescue
May 4th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I'm sure you already know this, but when I was caring for a starved dog - although not starved to that state - I fed her 4 or 5 tiny meals a day, and that quickly put on healthy weight. You can also add something like cottage cheese too.

I've seen fractures of the pelvis caused by a very hard blow, too, from something like a rake or a board.

How old is Fergus? He looks like a puppy.

It really means a lot - especially from another rescue when I know you need it too

There's not too many people around here caring for animals so we need to help each other. :)

Luba
May 4th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Yes I agree with Lucky, several small meals through the day is a great idea. Easier on the digetive and CNS and will help to stabilize the metabolism.

I did this for Honey when I brought her from shelter fed her several times a day, and also for Sadie when she was very sick as a puppy.

My blender sure did a lot of puree'd foods I tell ya!

More kisses to him and hugs to you :grouphug:

Prin
May 4th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Poor doggy! He's lucky to have found you, Crystal. :grouphug:

BoxerRescueMTL
May 4th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I fed her 4 or 5 tiny meals a day, and that quickly put on healthy weight. You can also add something like cottage cheese too.

Thanks Lucky! He had 8 small meals today, lol. He just had his last one (and Luba you'll be happy to know it was actually mashed potatoes and chicken!)
How old is Fergus? He looks like a puppy.
The vet gives him about 9 months, so yup - he's a baby.
I've seen fractures of the pelvis caused by a very hard blow, too, from something like a rake or a board.
:sad: Very possible. The vet says it was a "big trauma" - and Fergie's not speakin' so we'll never know.
Thanks again to everyone for all your help! Fergus had a good first day here and he's tucked in for the night now. :love:

meb999
May 5th, 2006, 06:40 PM
How's the little pooper today?

chico2
May 6th, 2006, 04:13 PM
OMG,what horrors has this poor little guy lived through,I just don't understand people to be so very cruel:sad:
Then his guardian :angel: found him,lucky,lucky Fergus:love: Crystal,you and
BRQ are amazing people:love:

BoxerRescueMTL
May 6th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Chico :grouphug:
He's getting better everyday Marie Eve :) You can tell his hip/pelvis is bothering him though - even with the pain killers. He has met Winnie (my foster girl) and they are good together. :love: You should see him go at his Kong!!! I have never seen a Kong so cleaned so fast!!

cpietra16
May 6th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Please post some pictures ASAP....

BoxerRescueMTL
May 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Will do! We took some but I have been harassing Chris to upload them for me. He will do it by tommorrow for sure. :)

Luba
May 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Ahh the poor babe. Good job he has Crystal love and can now feel safe and protected. :grouphug:

BoxerRescueMTL
May 8th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I'd like to thank BMDLuver for geting this little turd to me :) And here's some new pics - you can see that he already has the spark back in his eyes.
http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16192.jpghttp://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16191.jpg

http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16190.jpg

meb999
May 8th, 2006, 08:12 PM
awwwww, look at him holdin' his head up high :) Glad to hear he's settling in well.

BoxerRescueMTL
May 8th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Ya he is proud! It's like he won't admit there is anything wrong with him :) I tried to take the photos from the front because it is his good angle ;)

cpietra16
May 8th, 2006, 08:20 PM
What a proud face.. I love it.

BusterBoo
May 8th, 2006, 08:21 PM
His pictures bring tears to my eyes...he is so beautiful and so lucky to have found someone who can love him and give him his life back. :pawprint:

Prin
May 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
He's so pretty!:) I hope everything works out for him.:fingerscr

BMDLuver
May 8th, 2006, 09:30 PM
YW! :D I love his saggy lips and snubbed up nose. Absolutely no one could have walked away from helping him unless they are heartless. Crystal did so without even meeting him first. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You rock girl! :thumbs up

poodletalk
May 9th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I LOVE his ears, they are so big and floopy looking! Did you raise enough money for his surgery yet? I am sure he will recover in record speed from the malnutrition and the operation it's miracle what a little love can do.

Toonces
May 9th, 2006, 02:57 AM
He is so cute, glad you were able to help him. I bet he is so happy to be with you!:thumbs up

chico2
May 9th, 2006, 06:55 AM
I believe from his facial expression the:"I AM going to make it"look,that he'll be fine,a face full of hope:love: thank's to you wonderful people:thumbs up

100%doglover
May 9th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Awwww, he is just too cute! Look at that face! I'm so glad he's in good now hands :thumbs up

Luba
May 9th, 2006, 10:28 PM
He looks so precious I want to just kiss him and hold him.
Please give him a big hug for me! :grouphug: A gentle loving hug and tell him that it will all be okay!!

Poor baby.

MayberryDaze
May 11th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Fergus baby I am giving you kisses and kisses and kisses and how bout some kisses and bunches of hugs and belly rubs to. AND I got cookies to...... :)
How cruel and sickening some people can be........... Thank God for animal lovers like so many here.........
May

meb999
May 12th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I keep coming back to this thread -- Fergus has some kinda magnetism :)
Don't be shy to post pics of him as he gains weight. I just loooove his boxer-pout.

BoxerRescueMTL
May 16th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Hi guys!! Fergus is still doing great. He's a smart cookie too. He knows basic commands (and knows them even better when a cookie is involved!) - so someone must have trained him at some point. ANyhoo, I wanted to get all your good vibes because his surgery and neuter are tommorrow!! :fingerscr Think of him!!! When he's all healed, he'll be looking for his perfect forever home!! http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com/fergus.cfm :love:

catsnatcher-CDN
May 17th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Good Luck to this little guy today!!!!
:) :pawprint: :) :pawprint: :fingerscr

chico2
May 17th, 2006, 07:01 AM
B-Rmtl,that's great news,although Fergus might not think so at the moment..:pawprint:
Thank's to all the great people who made this possible and :fingerscr :fingerscr he'll be just fine:love: :love:

meb999
May 17th, 2006, 03:30 PM
good viiiiiiibes coming your way, Fergus :fingerscr :fingerscr

BMDLuver
May 17th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Pawsitive Thoughts for Fergus the big smushy face heading your way!

doggy lover
May 17th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Our :pawprint: and :fingerscr how did things go? He is such a hansome guy, give him kisses from us when you see him.

badger
May 17th, 2006, 05:44 PM
So what's the news on Fergie (sorry, he's much prettier)?

mastifflover
May 17th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Fingers and paws crossed for that cutie face. Big slobbery kisses from one drool monster to another

cpietra16
May 17th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Fergus...you look like you're too stubborn not to make it...but just in case:fingerscr :thumbs up

BoxerRescueMTL
May 17th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Just a quick update before my bedtime - I'm beat! Fergie's surgery went extremely well and they were able to repair his pelvic bone. He'll be coming home tommorrow morning. XOXOXOXXOX everyone and thanks for thinking of him! :pawprint:

Toonces
May 18th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Great News!!!! Hope he has a easy and speedy recovery.:D

chico2
May 18th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I knew it..he's not going to give up now,when he is being loved and cared for,great news:thumbs up
Animals are amazing in recovering from this surgery,so different from us humans.
Good Luck to Fergie:thumbs up

meb999
May 18th, 2006, 12:57 PM
So glad to hear everything went well. Wishing you speedy recovery sweet Fergus :thumbs up

BoxerRescueMTL
May 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Fergus is doing very well! He is using his leg more now. The vet recommends walking and exercise to get him using the leg as soon as possible. I have to do physio with him 3 times a day and ice it as well (he doesn't like it!!). I'll take pics of him later today. :)

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Here is Fergus hip post op http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16967.jpg

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Here is Fergus trotting along and putting full weight on his leg :)
http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16960.jpg

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Here is Mr Handsome posing for the camera
http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16968.jpg

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Here he is chillin' with his foster sister Winnie(right) and you an see many more pics on his page here http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com/fergus.cfm I took a few videos but I need Chris to help me upload them.
http://www.breederoo.com/users/BRQ/images/photos/gallery/16963.jpg

jesse's mommy
May 25th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Oh my, he is looking wonderful! He's put on some weight and just looks great! I'm in complete awe here! Wow!

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I know eh? Even his fur is lighter and brighter - more orangy :)

BMDLuver
May 25th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Awww, Fergus looks awesome! Lucky little boy!

phoenix
May 25th, 2006, 08:32 PM
He looks so amazing. You have done wonders! What a beautiful dog.

meb999
May 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM
WOW...that's all I can say is...WOW!!
He looks awesome. I'm very impressed. I can't believe he's already putting weight on his poor leg...and running to boot!!

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2006, 09:29 PM
I know! He's such a trooper. I saw our vet today and told her how he was doing, she was so impressed. And the more exercise he gets and the more he uses his leg the better. I had expected crate rest but nope - this guy's got me running!

meb999
May 25th, 2006, 09:35 PM
*runs off to beg Nic : ' pleeeeeease can we have another boxer...pleeeeeeeeeeease!! ' *
I gotta admit, I'm a little taken with little Fergus...what a champ. He's going to make someone an awesome pet :love:

phoenix
May 25th, 2006, 09:38 PM
marie eve, my husband and I just had the same conversation. On the plus side, he didn't say no. Sadly though, he said we'd have to buy another house first. :rolleyes:

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Lol, I can't wait to find the perfect home for Fergus to see him settle down. It will need to be a home with someone who is around during the day and who has time for the challenge of a puppy!

Frenchy
May 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I just saw Fergus's new pics,wow,he's recovering so fast,what a good dog.Good luck finding him the wonderful family he deserves :fingerscr

meb999
June 2nd, 2006, 08:41 PM
I took a few videos but I need Chris to help me upload them.

Still waiting...;) :D

BoxerRescueMTL
June 2nd, 2006, 10:06 PM
Gawd, I'm so bad! I will get Chris to help me with that tommorrow. Too much on the brain!! xox night!

Prin
June 2nd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Google video is easy for uploading videos..... ;)

BoxerRescueMTL
June 2nd, 2006, 11:24 PM
LOL! So is getting Chris to do it for me!! hehe I promise I'll get it up this weekend:o !!

meb999
June 2nd, 2006, 11:26 PM
I promise I'll get it up this weekend:o !!
I was just kidding!
I know you have alot on your plate...he's just sooo cute :love:

Prin
June 2nd, 2006, 11:29 PM
hehe I promise I'll get it up this weekend:o !!No comment. What you do on your own time is your business. ;) http://bestsmileys.com/love2/24.gif

meb999
June 2nd, 2006, 11:33 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/20.gif

chico2
June 3rd, 2006, 07:01 AM
Prin..bad,bad girlhttp://bestsmileys.com/banned/1.gif

Lucky Rescue
June 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/images/mess6/smileys/24.gif

Mahealani770
June 21st, 2006, 09:44 AM
Anybody know how Fergus is doing? My heart broke when I saw his pictures. He is very lucky to have you Crystal...and you too lucky. I'd love an update!
Thanks,
Mahealani

meb999
June 21st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Fergus was adopted yesterday by a WONDERFULL family in Ontario...
He finally gets his Happy Ending thanks to Crystal! :thumbs up

BoxerRescueMTL
June 21st, 2006, 12:56 PM
Here we go! I was just waiting for these photos before I posted that Fergus was adopted to a SUPER family yesterday! Here he is in his new car, getting ready for the 7 hour drive home!!
http://boxerrescuequebec.com/images/photos/gallery/18900.jpg
http://boxerrescuequebec.com/images/photos/gallery/18901.jpg
I'll post more pics when I get some of him in his new home :)

Mahealani770
June 21st, 2006, 01:06 PM
OMG! He looks like a different dog! What a beautiful boy. Way to go Crystal! I am so happy to hear of a great ending and I hope he's very happy in his new home. Thanks for the pics!

meb999
June 21st, 2006, 01:07 PM
Here we go! I was just waiting for these photos before I posted that Fergus was adopted to a SUPER family yesterday!
Sorry if I jumped the gun a little :o
He looks so handsome, what a little angel :angel: He looks a little like Busteroo...

phoenix
June 21st, 2006, 01:07 PM
YAAAAAYYYY Fergus!!!!:highfive:

dtbmnec
June 21st, 2006, 02:19 PM
Definately not a happy dog :p

He looks like he's really happy to go on a wonderful adventure....so different from the "before" pictures too.....

I'm so glad he found a home and all is good in the world :D

Megan

chico2
June 21st, 2006, 03:44 PM
The best news possible,thank you Crystal:pawprint:
You people are fantastic,looking at him now brings happy-tears to my eyes:D
Looking forward to more pics!

BoxerRescueMTL
June 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM
Sorry if I jumped the gun a little
LOL, not at all!! :)
Thanks everyone again for your kind words and good wishes. There is a pic of Fergus with his new mom and grandma here http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com/happyendings.cfm

doggy lover
June 21st, 2006, 03:58 PM
Wow I can't belive that is the same dog, just goes to show you what a little love can do.:angel: Thank you for being there for him, there are only a few special people out there and Fergus was lucky to find you guys:angel:

chico2
June 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM
Thank's for your site,all those happy endings,MBR is amazing:thumbs up

erykah1310
June 21st, 2006, 04:46 PM
What a handsome boy! I m so happy he has a happy ending! Job well done!!!!

Prin
June 22nd, 2006, 09:15 AM
Wow, what a difference! He is so lucky to have landed with BRM.:thumbs up