Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For all who have lost

Cricket
May 3rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
I had my little man pass away - what feels like just yesterday but was actually 2 months ago - in searching the web I found this poem that has not only caused alot of tears but in time I hope will also give me some peace & I wanted to share with everyone else who has lost their angel's.

For All Who've Lost a Heart Dog

I stood by your bed last night; I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear.
"It's me, I haven't left you. Iím well, Iím fine, and Iím here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
you were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today; your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels; I wished I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today; you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's Me"
You look so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away"
You sat there very quietly, then you smiled, I think you knew...in the
stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over...I smile and watch you yawning
and say "goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning"
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live you journey out...then come home to be with me.

Author unknown

chico2
May 3rd, 2006, 04:58 PM
Cricket,that was beautiful,as was your little man:love:

dmc123
May 3rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
That was so beautiful! Never read that one before.

And I agree, your boy was beautiful!

Cricket
May 3rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
Thank you very much - I was a very proud parent & thought my baby could anything!!

I read this poem & every time it makes me cry - I find myself - out of the corner of my eye at times - thinking that I see him in places that he used to always be - it's comforting to think of him there & to share this with others that might feel the same way.

PunkMaister
May 5th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Thank you very much - I was a very proud parent & thought my baby could anything!!

I read this poem & every time it makes me cry - I find myself - out of the corner of my eye at times - thinking that I see him in places that he used to always be - it's comforting to think of him there & to share this with others that might feel the same way.
That was very, very moving and I feel the same way when I read it I fondly remeber Kenny and the happy times we had together. Even after all this time and with a still surviving pet I miss him terribly. We know how you must feel and :sorry: :grouphug:

twomunchie
May 9th, 2006, 01:11 PM
What a beautiful poem! My thoughts and prays are with you Cricket. Thank you for sharing.

huskypup
May 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I am in tears as I read this beautiful poem, I am crying for me, for all of you who have lost your babies. I lost my Freeway in Aug 05, the day he died I found this forum, and I posted to him on the Bridge.

I know he is with me and each night I say goodnight and each morning I tap his box (my HB doesn't say anything he just watches me), one day I will be strong enough to lay his ashes in the ground, - I even have had olive tree on order to place him under - as olive tree's live forever but until then he lays under my bed as he always did with the cats.

Your boy was and still is such a sweetheart, he will be waiting at the bridge, just as Freeway and Shasta will be waiting for me.

A hug from across the ocean:grouphug:

Huskypup

Milo_we _miss_U
May 13th, 2006, 12:49 AM
I'm so sorry. I too lost my baby Milo and in my time of grief I found this website. There's a Monday night candle ceremony to pray for all the pets who have enter Rainbow Bridge.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/