Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi!

homersmom
May 3rd, 2006, 01:37 PM
I'm new to this forum and thought I'd introduce me and my baby. My name is Evey and this is Homer:
http://myspace-600.vo.llnwd.net/00685/00/69/685689600_m.jpg

I want to share my story of Homer because he's a very special cat. I grew up having cats around all the time, but something would always happen that ended in me losing them (cars, sickness, or I just had to give them away). I rescued Homer from a farm in 2002. He was sitting in a kennel with about 15 other kittens...when I opened the kennel all the kittens came piling out, and there was Homer sitting in the back by himself, trying to meow at me. When I picked him up his tail was wet with urine because there were puddles of it in the kennel! He was very sick and began throwing up his food the day I got him home. I took him to the vet for an emergency visit (he was scheduled for shots a week later). He had was mangy, scrawny and had ear mites, ringworm, and worms. He also couldn't meow for some reason....just made a whacky wheezy sound. Poor thing! He got better though, and began plumping up.

He's the only cat I've had for so long. I got him to relieve some loneliness after a breakup. He's moved to different cities with me twice, and at times he was my only companion. He's extremely devoted to me...he'll follow me everywhere around the house. As a kitten he'd sit on my shoulder when I was at the computer. Now that he's too big for my shoulder he sits on my lap and looks up at me with love in his eyes. He can sort of speak...he says 'hi' and 'yes' and 'no'. That may seem weird but to me the weirdest thing is that if I'm sad he'll get very concerned, usually coming around to see what's wrong. If I cry, he lays down and makes little crying noises with me (which always cheers me up).

He recently got very sick which made me realize just how much he actually meant to me. I knew I'll have to let him go eventually, but hopefully not so soon! I'm trying to keep him as healthy as possible...that's why I joined this forum.

LibbyP
May 4th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Welcome Homersmom, Nice to see that you took this handsome(now) boy in when he was such a sick little guy:thumbs up. Have you taken him to your vet to see what's wrong with him recently? He is still a VERY young cat that could be with you for MANY years to come:fingerscr. Pets have a very special way of making you feel better when times look dark, hope he gets better, keep us posted, cheer up sounds like you need a :grouphug: . Hope you can find many helpful hints on the forum:pawprint:

nancy jane
May 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Hi there, :angel: they alway think of you know matter how you feel. Keep up the love and smiles and he will simle right on back at you. :thumbs up . Keep in touch talking always cheer you up and animals are our best friend.