Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I got the moving blues.

Skryker
May 2nd, 2006, 07:49 PM
It's grey and rainy here today-which perfectly matches my mood. My parents are abandoning me!

OK, that's overly dramatic, but still...after almost 5 years, my parents are moving out of of our downstairs apartment. I didn't think that I would be this bummed out by it. I've lived on my own for a long time now, after all. I guess I just kinda figured that after my Dad retired and my parents moved in with us, that it would be forever. :sad:

Now that I can continue-urgent household matters;if I don't handle things RIGHT NOW, the universe might explode:rolleyes: - the real moving blues come from the fact that I hate packing. Loathe and despise it. 'Cause we're moving from the upstairs apt to the downstairs one, once it's been painted. Then up here will get painted and new flooring down, and rented out. Finally, the house is going up for sale, as we're planning on relocating in the next few months.

So, multiple moves in a short time span, with the added stress of real estate transactions and job searching....:yuck: All sorts of things I hate, all at once.

And soon, the dreaded sight of all my worldly goods packed up in cardboard boxes will take over the house. Most stuff won't get unpacked, either, if we're moving again soon.

On the plus side, we're decluttering like crazy! All those TV organizing gurus would be so proud!:crazy:

Prin
May 3rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
lol what a melancholy post! :o I hope everything works out. Losing stability is hard, regardless of the circumstances... My dad moved a couple of weeks ago, and even though he's on the opposite side of Montreal than me, it still feels weird- so even more so when they're living right below you...

At least now you can have those all-night parties you've been putting off.:D