Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I found a litter of feral kittens in my backyard...what do I do?

TimbersMom
May 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
There is a litter of feral kittens in my backyard. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm afraid of cats and I don't know what to do. My dog scared the mother off and found the kittens in an old wooden box in my backyard. I'm worried that my dog would get to them so I've been leaving her in the house. I don't know how many kittens there are or how old they are because I don't want to disturb them in the box.
I called my local humane society and they told me that if they take them away, they'll put them to sleep. I will need to get the mother also if I want them to survive. What should I do?

rainbow
May 2nd, 2006, 05:24 PM
I would take them to a cat rescue organization and try trapping the mother.:pawprint:

the gang
May 2nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
i agree, sometimes i think the animals pick the right house to go to good luck:fingerscr please keep us posted

TimbersMom
May 4th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I've called multiple cat rescues and am willing to get the mother cat caught. I started by putting out water, tuna, and meow mix. But the food has not been touched. I think these cats have been abandoned. I've been home all day and have been watching. No cat has been visiting the box. The kittens have been screaming all day. Do you think the mother is coming at night?