Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Poop Problem Need Help Please

pucklover
May 1st, 2006, 08:56 PM
Hi, i'm kind of new to this so... My cat puck was pooping in our basement when it was unfinished and sometimes she pooped on the cement, well we moved her litter box becasue the basement was being finished, but she will not stop pooping on the carpet. We want to know if we can stop her, or if there is a way for us to prevent her from going into the basement period without a door? Thanks

badger
May 1st, 2006, 10:43 PM
I'd put a litter box in the basement, problem solved. Clean the carpet thoroughly with one of those special cleaners that gets the smell out. If you don't want her in the basement, presumably because you want to save your carpet, I guess a door is the only solution. A second litter box would be far less hassle. JMO

Ed U KayShawn
May 1st, 2006, 10:51 PM
Hello there, I am gonna offer my 2 cents! Here it goes. Cats & dogs like to eliminate on absorbing surfaces (carpet, clothing etc.). That is why Puck does that! Now the problem is to eliminate the smell, and to make the litterbox much more pleasant for him/her to go. Cats are tricky you may need to change the type of litter clay/clumping non-scented/ scented etc. All of that stuff does matter, next the litter box must be somewhere where kitty is not going to be disturbed or threatened, also if he/she has not been spayed or neutered to make sure that is done as well:thumbs up . As for the basement, try using a deterring spray around the perimeter of the doorway, or maybe a scat mat. The trick is to make the doorway as unattractive to him/her as possible. Best of luck you sometimes have to be really creative for the kitty but something will work it might just take a bit of time:fingerscr Hope this helps.